Tennis 2019

Enigma_87

You know who
I can't even imagine more difficult draw than one that Rafa got. it's possibly the worst draw I've ever seen.
Nah. Thiem on grass is a non factor. Probably the easiest QF opponent after Nishikori.

Also he could've landed some really tough opponents for the 1st round - Dimitrov, Berdych, Pospisil, Istomin who could've surprise him.

All in al it's the toughest draw indeed, but still that doesn't mean he will face them all.

wr8_utd

:'(
Nah. Thiem on grass is a non factor. Probably the easiest QF opponent after Nishikori.

Also he could've landed some really tough opponents for the 1st round - Dimitrov, Berdych, Pospisil, Istomin who could've surprise him.

All in al it's the toughest draw indeed, but still that doesn't mean he will face them all.
Even if you take away Thiem, it's still Nick, Tsonga, Cilic and Federer before the finals. If on top of all of this, he'd gotten Dimi/Berdych in R1 you'd just have to laugh.
Even Novak's got a tough match for R1. Only Roger's been given complete walkovers.

wr8_utd

The only "challenge" Federer had in his draw was Coric and he's just pulled out. He might as well take the first week off and just turn up directly in the semis.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
The 12-member ATP Player Council delivers advisory decisions to the Board of Directors, which has the power to accept or reject the Council's suggestions. As of November 13th, 2018, the Council consists of four players who are ranked within the top 50 in singles (Kevin Anderson - Vice-President, Robin Haase, John Isner, Sam Querrey), two players who are ranked between 51 and 100 in singles (Yen-Hsun Lu and Vasek Pospisil), two top 100 players in doubles (Jamie Murray and Bruno Soares), two at-large members (Novak Djokovic - President and Stefano Travaglia), one alumni member (Colin Dowdeswell), and one coach (Daniel Vallverdu).

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Some matches playing tomorrow.

Wawrinka - Bemelmans 12:00 CET (11 UK?)
Anderson - Herbert 12:00
Auger Aliassime - Pospisil 13:15
Đoković - Kohlschreiber 14:00
Hurkacz - Lajović 14:30
Arnaboldi - Karlović 15:15
Dimitrov - Moutet 15:15
Vesely - Zverev 15:15
Fabbiano - Tsitsipas 15:15
Medvedev - Lorenzi 15:15
Edmund - Munar 17:15
Klahn - Goffin 18:30

Lots of big names in action from the first day!

Giggsy92

Don't think it'll be that bad a path to the final for Nadal in reality. Kyrgios will likely go out in round one, Shapovalov has won like two matches since Miami, and Cilic has been awful all year - none of them did anything of any note in the warm-up tournaments, Cilic even somehow managed to lose to Schwartzman of all people at Queen's... Tsonga's a potential banana skin if he makes it to round three and plays like he did against Fed in Halle, but those are both pretty big ifs based on recent history.

wr8_utd

Don't think it'll be that bad a path to the final for Nadal in reality. Kyrgios will likely go out in round one, Shapovalov has won like two matches since Miami, and Cilic has been awful all year - none of them did anything of any note in the warm-up tournaments, Cilic even somehow managed to lose to Schwartzman of all people at Queen's... Tsonga's a potential banana skin if he makes it to round three and plays like he did against Fed in Halle, but those are both pretty big ifs based on recent history.
Nick will make it past R1 because he knows he's got Rafa up after that and he'll be absolutely zoned in for that. I can see him beat Rafa and then go out in straight sets next match.

saivet

Tstitsipas will need to go to 5 sets if he's to go through today. Might be the same for Zverev the way it's going.

Osaka also a set down.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Zverev out:lol: I mean, he's crap on grass, got beaten by Dustin Brown just two weeks ago but still, a first round exit.

InfiniteBoredom

Zverev out:lol: I mean, he's crap on grass, got beaten by Dustin Brown just two weeks ago but still, a first round exit.
I think he made the Halle final in 2017?

Zverev at Slams is just pathetic. If someone like Lendl can’t even improve his mentality then it’s pretty much hopeless.

Bojan11

Zverev and Tsitsipas potentially going out. Not that it matters for Zverev as he wouldn’t be a threat to Djokovic. But Djokovic draw got a lot easier. You looking at someone like Raonic as being his biggest threat.

He’s got Lendl in and I thought he’d improve this year. Gone backwards.

Tsitsipas giving gifts for match point.

wr8_utd

Osaka out
Zverev out
Tsitsipas out

The future of men's tennis is SO bright. As for Osaka, she's lost her way.

wr8_utd

This is the worst generation of young tennis players I've ever seen. Right from the Dimitrov gen down to the Zverev and Tsitsipas ones.

Bojan11

Tsitsipas out.

Pathetic him and Zverev talk a big game about taking over from the big three.

wr8_utd

Tsitsipas out.

Pathetic him and Zverev talk a big game about taking over from the big three.
The problem these guys face isn't even beating the Big 3. The jokers aren't even good enough to consistently make it deep enough in a Slam to lose to these guys.

saivet

Good job I knew not to trust Zverev or Tsitsipas in my R1 accumulator. Half expected both to lose at least a set as Vesely or Fabiano are not the easiest of R1 opponents but pretty disappointing to see them both lose.

I think Cilic and Thiem could have issues tomorrow.

Bojan11

The problem these guys face isn't even beating the Big 3. The jokers aren't even good enough to consistently make it deep enough in a Slam to lose to these guys.
I remember when Djokovic and Murray started out. Their problems were Nadal and Federer even though Nadals only a year older than them he had a lot of experience in terms of winning slams. Both of them would make it deep to slams only to lose to the other two. Crazy how many times Fed used to beat Djokovic at the US open at the start.

saivet

Zverev and Tsitsipas potentially going out. Not that it matters for Zverev as he wouldn’t be a threat to Djokovic. But Djokovic draw got a lot easier. You looking at someone like Raonic as being his biggest threat.

He’s got Lendl in and I thought he’d improve this year. Gone backwards.

Tsitsipas giving gifts for match point.
An on form Raonic is a bigger threat than both of them but the problem is Raonic has been injured recently and has no form.

After the draw I expected him to make it but I'd be very surprised if Djokovic doesn't make the final.

wr8_utd

I remember when Djokovic and Murray started out. Their problems were Nadal and Federer even though Nadals only a year older than them he had a lot of experience in terms of winning slams. Both of them would make it deep to slams only to lose to the other two. Crazy how many times Fed used to beat Djokovic at the US open at the start.
Exactly. I'd be disappointed if these kids kept losing to the Big 3 but it would atleast be understandable. What is unfathomable is the absolute rubbish players these guys consistently lose to.
I'm glad though that the days of overhyping young players seems to be coming to an end now. Felix might be the next one to face the star kid hype but I'll not be shocked if he also can't ever make it past the first week of Slams.

Bojan11

BBC don’t really give a shit about Edmund do they. Giving him the red button treatment. Would understand if there was a big three or Serena match.

Bojan11

I also hope Monteiro does everybody a favour by knocking out Nishikori tomorrow preferably in five sets before he turns another grand slam quarters into a farce because he’s too tired from all the five set matches he plays.

Bojan11

Osaka left the press conference because she was about to cry.

There’s something not right about her. Some of the stuff she comes out with is weird too.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
So I come home and Zverev and Tsitsipas are out:eek:

Osaka too. What's going on today?

Bojan11

Got rid of her coach after the AO didn’t she?
Yeah because apparently she wouldn’t risk her happiness for him which made no sense as she’s about to cry in press conferences after her great decision. Coaches are meant to be harsh and practice has to be tough.

saivet

I also hope Monteiro does everybody a favour by knocking out Nishikori tomorrow preferably in five sets before he turns another grand slam quarters into a farce because he’s too tired from all the five set matches he plays.
Nishikori is the five set king :lol:

saivet

Osaka left the press conference because she was about to cry.

There’s something not right about her. Some of the stuff she comes out with is weird too.
She's certainly different. Not sure of the best way to describe it, but her demeanor in interviews has always come across a bit childlike.