Tennis 2019

wr8_utd

:'(
That reminds me what happened to Chung. He made the semis of AO last year and has disappeared ever since.
He was injured quite a bit last year and not played since Feb this year either so I'm guessing he's injured again.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I just screamed looking at our app! Roger was at Carrington with Juan Mata!

Jazz

I just screamed looking at our app! Roger was at Carrington with Juan Mata!
Nope. I'm stupid. It was when Mata, Herrera and De Gea went to Wimbledon. Sorry, not wearing my glasses so now wonder I read it wrong:lol::lol:

saivet

15 year old too. Venus should probably call it quits if she loses this unless she plays doubles only.
Yeah hope Venus wins otherwise it's quite embarrassing for her.

The kid is meant to be rated quite highly, so would be some story if she could put run in off the back of it.

Jazz

Yeah hope Venus wins otherwise it's quite embarrassing for her.

The kid is meant to be rated quite highly, so would be some story if she could put run in off the back of it.
Didn't realise this kid was 15. She's very very good. Really composed for her young age.

Do want Venus to win though..

Jazz

Young lady will be serving for the match...

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
This kid is still very very good regardless if Venus is past it

Jazz

Good for the young lady.

Feel for Venus. She loves it here and this will hurt.

Good luck to the young lady. Great stuff!

Jazz

This kid is still very very good regardless if Venus is past it
Except for the last game where she was understandably nervous, this young lady has the confidence of a then 15 year old Martina Hingis all those years all those years ago.,,,

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Djokovic's path to the final went from easy to zero difficulty. He can probably make the final at 80%, no matter what his opponents' form is.

saivet

Feel for Venus, but after seeing Gauff squander a few match points, I was really hoping she didn't let it slip.

Maybe Venus will play mixed doubles with Murray?

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Except for the last game where she was understandably nervous, this young lady has the confidence of a then 15 year old Martina Hingis all those years all those years ago.,,,
I think Hingis had a easier route in the sense that it was easier back then for a frail teen to battle with more mature women on grass (not such a baseline fest) but I reckon this girl will find it a struggle to get through the tournament against more bigger hitters in their prime. Still mightily impressive though and I hope she goes on a long run.

Jazz

I think Hingis had a easier route in the sense that it was easier back then for a frail teen to battle with more mature women on grass (not such a baseline fest) but I reckon this girl will find it a struggle to get through the tournament against more bigger hitters in their prime. Still mightily impressive though and I hope she goes on a long run.
Yeah that's true, different times from when Hingis first came on the scene.

I hope she goes through a couple more rounds but don't really expect it. Pretty sure if she stays focused she'll go far.
Also shares an agent with Rogie Fed so maybe he can give her some tips:D

On Venus though, it hurt to see her lose at her favourite tournament but age catches up with everyone.
I wonder if she remembers being young and knocking out older players and now it's her turn....
Would play doubles and mixed going forward if I were her..

saivet

Monfils has retired. I'm going to Wimbledon on Friday (so this half of the draw) on court 2 and he was the player I was hoping to see. With Zverev and Tsitsipas out too I'm not expecting to see any decent players from the mens draw.

Bojan11

Dimitrov about to head out by losing 6-1 in the fifth.

What the hell happened to his ranking? Don’t think he’s been injured, so that’s even worse. Just had a look and he’s played all the standard events. He’s just been going out in the first round.

Mark_Barca

Supports
Barcelona
An on form Raonic is a bigger threat than both of them but the problem is Raonic has been injured recently and has no form.

After the draw I expected him to make it but I'd be very surprised if Djokovic doesn't make the final.
Could say the exact same for Anderson.

Mark_Barca

Supports
Barcelona

What the hell happened to his ranking? Don’t think he’s been injured, so that’s even worse. Just had a look and he’s played all the standard events. He’s just been going out in the first round.
He's not got any bottle and probably lacks true desire.

saivet

I think he's got ongoing shoulder issues that he's been playing with.

He was two set up so not really much of an excuse.
Could say the exact same for Anderson.
Definitely.

InfiniteBoredom

Imagine Dimitrov when he begins to slump.
He’s been underperforming relative to expectations throughout his career ( unfairly so imo, since he didn’t ask to be compared to Fed), but usually good for 3rd/4th round at Slams, an occasional deep run or title win at 500/1000 event.

Bombing out of everything at R1 is worse than that. Most old school tennis players decline about 28/29 and retire a couple years after.

Bole Top

Nick's serve is amazing. Thompson was 5-2 up and serving for the set but lost every game + tiebreak after.

Jagga7

:lol::lol: Kyrigos acting like a complete clown but its hilarious to watch. The 3rd set TB against Thompson was some comedy gold.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Tennis needs some new stars. The level is absolutely atrocious outside of the big 3.

Enigma_87

You know who
Exactly. I'd be disappointed if these kids kept losing to the Big 3 but it would atleast be understandable. What is unfathomable is the absolute rubbish players these guys consistently lose to.
I'm glad though that the days of overhyping young players seems to be coming to an end now. Felix might be the next one to face the star kid hype but I'll not be shocked if he also can't ever make it past the first week of Slams.
Wasn't you that claimed Fed's era was weak? :lol:

Just compare it to this decade. The minute Fed/Nadal/Djokovic are out injured or gassed out it is a clownfest.

wr8_utd

:'(
Wasn't you that claimed Fed's era was weak? :lol:

Just compare it to this decade. The minute Fed/Nadal/Djokovic are out injured or gassed out it is a clownfest.
Atleast this era still has the Big 3 that have to beat each other to win Slams. If Novak or Rafa or Roger were the only ones around and playing the rest of these losers then yup it would be as weak as the field Fed won all those Slams in.

Bojan11

Thiem looks gone. Told you guys Nadals draw will get tougher as Querry is better on grass.