Tennis 2019

Bojan11

Kyrgios doesn’t have the stamina to win 5 matches.

Even against Johnson he was winning easily then just threw a outburst. Seemed to be losing control but luckily Johnson did him a favour by telling him to fecking play tennis rather than having another shitshow.

He won’t last nearly two weeks in the tournament plus he’s like saying he’d be going out won’t bother practicing tomorrow just go for coffee.

He played well at Washington but that was over a week. We saw what happened in his next two tournaments after that.

Bojan11

And people think this guy is going to last nearly two weeks. He was even muttering to himself during the match m he couldn’t have chose a more boring sport to play.

wr8_utd

:'(
Kyrgios doesn’t have the stamina to win 5 matches.

Even against Johnson he was winning easily then just threw a outburst. Seemed to be losing control but luckily Johnson did him a favour by telling him to fecking play tennis rather than having another shitshow.

He won’t last nearly two weeks in the tournament plus he’s like saying he’d be going out won’t bother practicing tomorrow just go for coffee.

He played well at Washington but that was over a week. We saw what happened in his next two tournaments after that.
Yeah I don't expect him to last the two weeks either but it's the easiest draw he can possibly imagine given his seeding. It's very unlikely he'll keep it together for another 4 matches but he certainly has the draw he should be getting through.
Usually if he's got a match against Djokovic or Nadal lined up early on, he's motivated to atleast get till those matches. Will be interesting to see how motivated he is for a career best run in a Slam here.

wr8_utd

Another awful performance by Federer and Dzumhur takes the set 6-3. Dzumhur has been pretty average himself but Federer's errors are just shocking. He's already at above 15 errors I think.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
He has lost the fourth set too :lol::houllier:
At least he has won the fifth set.
He's been ill, no?
He said to the german Eurosport that he has still the "bad virus" in his body.....like @Bojan11 has said well then he should take a break from tennis and find a good doctor to find the issue......very weird if the virus is the real problem (Maybe it's something else :nervous: but that is just speculation from myself).
Shapovalov giving Felix a good spanking so far.
I really like FAA but he plays so bad since months hmmhh.

wr8_utd

Kyrgios is back too :D
Federer's Laver Cup is after the USO. I don't think they'll like to anger Federer by banning Nick there. He really should have been banned for his comments and actions prior to the USO and yet it didn't happen.

Brophs

The One and Only
Keys is seeing the ball like a beach ball at the moment. If and it's a big if, the recent improvement in her movement sticks around, she has a chance.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Keys is seeing the ball like a beach ball at the moment. If and it's a big if, the recent improvement in her movement sticks around, she has a chance.
I like her game.....she has a chance but R4: Svitolina -> QF: Pliskova -> SF: S.Williams/Barty will be a long tough way......if she would be in the other side of the draw then i would give her a better chance to reach the final.

wr8_utd

Djokovic wins the first set after being down a break. He's really struggling with some sort of left shoulder injury.

wr8_utd

Incredible set of tennis in the 2nd. Londero had a double break and 3-0 up. Djokovic stormed back to win 5 in a row and served for the set only to get broken again. It's in a tie break now and Djokovic has a mini break and is serving at 4-3.

Londero has played some absolutely brilliant tennis.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
So Federer was unimpressive in his second win. It just feels like that Wimbledon was more than just a final defeat. Possibly could end up being the straw that broke the camel's back :(

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Amazon coverage in the UK is really enjoyable . Fantastic to have the option to choose from 15 streamed courts

InfiniteBoredom

So Federer was unimpressive in his second win. It just feels like that Wimbledon was more than just a final defeat. Possibly could end up being the straw that broke the camel's back :(
He’s been wank at the USO for a good few years now, I wouldn’t read much into it. He build his season to peak at Wimby and its all downhill from there.

saivet

Is Zverev becoming the new Nishikori? Getting into needless 5 set battles on a regular in slams

wr8_utd

You say this very often and he goes and reaches the semis or finals :lol:

wr8_utd

Nadal has a walkover. Which is probably annoying for him.
Yeah I wish he'd had a match today. 4 days between games can disrupt rhythm and Verdasco won't be easy next round.
This Halep/Townsend match has been incredible to watch. Strong chance Halep loses.
Halep really was piss poor at dealing with Townsend's serve and volleying. She was inches from the net the entire final set and yet Halep just didn't try lob even once in the final stages of the match and her passing shots were average. Really should not have lost this match.
Is Zverev becoming the new Nishikori? Getting into needless 5 set battles on a regular in slams
His record at creating 5 set matches out of nothing is nothing short of spectacular. Such consistency across surfaces as well.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
I have exptected five sets between Zverev vs Tiafoe but yeah too many five-set-matches is one of the reasons why he is far away to reach a Grand Slam final.
Coco vs Naomi on Saturday should be fun!
:drool:
I think Kyrgios vs Rublev has the potential to be a really good match too.
That is really Kyrgios' big chance.

saivet

Good win for de Minaur against Nishikori, should really beat Dimitrov or Majchrzak in round 4.

Expect Federer to comfortably beat him in the QFs though.

Bojan11

Good win for de Minaur against Nishikori, should really beat Dimitrov or Majchrzak in round 4.

Expect Federer to comfortably beat him in the QFs though.
That’s if Fed beats Goffin who is currently playing. I think Goffin was touted as Feds big threat before the draw was made. If Goffin does win then he can cause Fed problems as the players in the first two rounds that Fed faced play like Goffin but just ain’t as good as him. Fed will hope PCB wins that.

saivet

That’s if Fed beats Goffin who is currently playing. I think Goffin was touted as Feds big threat before the draw was made. If Goffin does win then he can cause Fed problems as the players in the first two rounds that Fed faced play like Goffin but just ain’t as good as him. Fed will hope PCB wins that.
To me Goffin is the type of player that at worse could get you into a potentially long match but won't really ever look like beating a top player. I like Goffin, but I don't think he has the weapons to beat the top guys in best out of five.

Seems like Federer getting into some form now, so I'd expect him to make the SF.

saivet

Osaka v Coco Gauff should be a proper firefight on Sat.
Then Rublev vs Kyrgios after.

I've not watched any night session matches due to the time difference but tomorrow night will be a good place to start!

wr8_utd

To me Goffin is the type of player that at worse could get you into a potentially long match but won't really ever look like beating a top player. I like Goffin, but I don't think he has the weapons to beat the top guys in best out of five.

Seems like Federer getting into some form now, so I'd expect him to make the SF.
Given his route to the SF, it'll be a huge shock if he doesn't.

wr8_utd

Evans, plainly exhausted despite the brevity of the match, said when it was put to him that Federer’s team might have asked for a daytime match: “If that is the case, it’s tough on me, isn’t it? But that wouldn’t be the first time the higher-ranked player has had pull, so to speak. Also, the tournament obviously would rather Roger be going through that match than me. So it’s understandable, yeah.”

“Him being totally fresh and me battling yesterday – I didn’t get out of here until going on 6pm – just complete polar opposites, isn’t it? Trying to beat him feeling tired, stiff, playing four sets yesterday, it’s near on impossible. He played pretty much no-error tennis.
Not best pleased with the scheduling. It's kind of ridiculous he was made to play early after he's played the previous day till 6 PM.
They gave Novak and Thiem the second game at the French Open because those guys had played the previous day.