Tennis 2019

saivet

Funny but also a dick move. No idea why the crowd are booing him, but if I'm honest it's nice to see a player giving it back to the crowd. Most players would just be polite by either apologising or pretending it's not there.

Osaka is obviously a very different personality and I'm sure the situation was very different but if she gave a speech like that after US Open final last year, that would have been a brilliant feck you to the crowd.

wr8_utd

:'(

Funny but also a dick move. No idea why the crowd are booing him, but if I'm honest it's nice to see a player giving it back to the crowd. Most players would just be polite by either apologising or pretending it's not there.

Osaka is obviously a very different personality and I'm sure the situation was very different but if she gave a speech like that after US Open final last year, that would have been a brilliant feck you to the crowd.
He kind of deserved the booing. His behavior in the first set was pretty poor. He ripped the towel out of a ball boys hand, was hurling abuse at the ref and flung his racket towards the chair and then gave the crowd the finger when he saw them cheering for Lopez. The crowd was actually pretty indifferent initially but after his behavior, they were firmly against him and even celebrated his double faults.

Hanging out with Nick has really not done wonders for him or Tsitsipas. Both have acted like brats this past week.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Not seen the incidents but tennis are a bit too pretentious. In a high stakes sporting contest, things can get heated and not every individual is equally composed and mild mannered. I mean, I do prefer the ones who behave classily on court, but players should be cut some slack (unless they're Krygios levels of moron).

Also, extend the grief equally if you want to. Serena for example has gotten away with being a completely arrogant tool all career long but get the benefit of doubt becuase she's successful

Bojan11

He kind of deserved the booing. His behavior in the first set was pretty poor. He ripped the towel out of a ball boys hand, was hurling abuse at the ref and flung his racket towards the chair and then gave the crowd the finger when he saw them cheering for Lopez. The crowd was actually pretty indifferent initially but after his behavior, they were firmly against him and even celebrated his double faults.

Hanging out with Nick has really not done wonders for him or Tsitsipas. Both have acted like brats this past week.
Yeah and just read he got disqualified from a event for saying his black opponent was friends with the black umpire, so that has put me off the guy.

wr8_utd

Not seen the incidents but tennis are a bit too pretentious. In a high stakes sporting contest, things can get heated and not every individual is equally composed and mild mannered. I mean, I do prefer the ones who behave classily on court, but players should be cut some slack (unless they're Krygios levels of moron).

Also, extend the grief equally if you want to. Serena for example has gotten away with being a completely arrogant tool all career long but get the benefit of doubt becuase she's successful
I can't stand Serena's antics either and Nick is just on a different level altogether.
Yeah and just read he got disqualified from a event for saying his black opponent was friends with the black umpire, so that has put me off the guy.
Yeah I've never exactly been a fan of this guy. He's got a history of not being the greatest person on tour and now he's spending an increased amount of time with Nick and it seems to be rubbing off.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Who got disqualified from what? E: Found it, Medo in 2016 again in America.

Nice from Medvedev, not that I mind seeing hostile crowd more often.

Last edited:

saivet

I wouldn't say this has anything to do with Nick though, he's always had a pretty short temper on court. I watched the match he lost at Wimbledon vs Goffin and he got wound up very easily.

saivet

The Osaka Gauff match was a bit of a demolition in the end.

Nice touch from Osaka at the end of the match and the on court interview.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Rublev & kyrgios have just played out a set with a tiebreaker in 35 minutes. Not seen that in a long time

Bojan11

Rublev knocks out Kyrgios with ease.

Kyrgios looked tired in round three and people think this joke would have survived 6 matches.

wr8_utd

Dimitrov or Di Minnaur in the QF next up for Federer. The extremely difficult path gets harder :lol:

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
So Djokovic will have to beat Wawrinka, Medvedev, Federer and Nadal in a row to win this?

That's not happening.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
I saw the last set, it was a bit of a joke. Federer was good on forehand and volleys, but Goffin was non-existent.

wr8_utd

So Djokovic will have to beat Wawrinka, Medvedev, Federer and Nadal in a row to win this?

That's not happening.
If anyone at in the world can do it, it's him.
Federer and Medvedev have been pretty poor this tournament so if he's at his best and the shoulder is fine, he should beat both of them. Stan I think is a bit of a dodgy one.

saivet

That's not happening.
Can't see him doing it, especially with the questions over his shoulder.

I believe he's only won one slam beating Federer and Nadal back to back (USO 2011) and with Stan and Medvedev before, I'm not sure he will be able to beat these guys comfortably enough to have enough gas in the tank

VP

Think this could be Nadal's. Whoever survives the other side may not have enough to then beat him in the final.

wr8_utd

Koepfer is playing some incredible stuff so far against Medvedev. A set and break up so far.