Tennis 2019

wr8_utd

:'(
:lol:

This is just sad. Fed lost to random players frequently nowadays, doesn’t make them a true threat. Cilic has been wank all year, and the youngsters fell by the wayside. Fed ‘walkover’ draw by your own logic includes 3 players who have beaten him in the last 12 months, one of them the world no.1, yet it is the easier one to Nadal’s?
I've said walkover till the semis.
Nagal, Dzumhur, Evans, Goffin and Dimitrov/Kei(if he'd made it) is as easy as it gets to make the semi final of a Slam.
Cilic/Isner, as poor as they've been are still bigger challenges on this surface with their big serving than either of Goffin or Kei. Khachanov was 1 point from a 2 sets to love lead vs Rafa just last year here and he'd have been Rafa's QF.

Novak Ofcourse had by far the hardest draw despite being #1. Stan, Medvedev back to back before the semis.

wr8_utd

Djokovic confirms the left shoulder injury and says he'll try be fit for Tokyo.

InfiniteBoredom

Except both Kei and Goffin actually managed to beat Fed just last year, on arguably Fed’s strongest surface (indoor hard), so how the feck is that comparatively an easier draw? When was the last time Nadal lost to Cilic/Isner/Khachanov?

It takes a lot of twists and turns to arrive at your conclusion.

wr8_utd

Except both Kei and Goffin actually managed to beat Fed just last year, on arguably Fed’s strongest surface (indoor hard), so how the feck is that comparatively an easier draw? When was the last time Nadal lost to Cilic/Isner/Khachanov?

It takes a lot of twists and turns to arrive at your conclusion.
The 8 sets Rafa and Khachanov have played on hard courts, 5 have gone to tie breaks, two were 7-5 and last year at the USO, Khachanov served for a 2 sets to love lead and was a point away and was completely pulverizing the ball and dominating the game. As for Cilic vs Nadal, it's been a tough battle in recent years and Cilic beat Rafa at the Aussie Open. He's also made 2 Slam finals in the last 2 years. Yes he's had a poor year but he's definitely got far more weapons with the big serve and groundstrokes (like Khachanov) than either Goffin or Kei (is there a worse server in the Top 10?).
Kei is the one player the fans of every Big 3 player want in their quarter for the QF match.:lol:
Anyway it's 9 in the morning, I've been up all night to watch the tennis matches, we'll pick this up later! :)

Bojan11

If Nadal wins the title, Djokovics #1 ranking might be in trouble.
Nah.

Nadals skipping the whole Asia swing because he’s getting married. Only two tournaments he’d play are Paris and tour finals after US open as well as Laver cup.

Mark_Barca

Supports
Barcelona
Only one reason to try to claim Feds draw has not been piss easy and that's being a Fed fan.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
So, we look at actual matches? Then yeah, it was easy.

Going by names before tournament, not that easy.

Nadal had it easier both ways.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Obviously a shame that Djokovic has a massive shoulder problems....i'm not his doctor but to play such a tournament is then a bit "stupid".

My girl Jule Goerges is on fire right now....7-6 2-0 up against Vekic :drool:

American crowds really are the absolute worst in the world. How on earth can you boo the guy for retiring? He's been in obvious pain all week.
Looks like you were never at the French Open.

wr8_utd

Only one reason to try to claim Feds draw has not been piss easy and that's being a Fed fan.
Nagal, Dzumhur, Evans, Goffin and Dimitrov (the guy just lost to the World #405 a month ago) is the easiest path you can imagine to make the semis of a Slam. You can arguably get tougher paths in ATP 500 tournaments and definitely the Masters.

Obviously a shame that Djokovic has a massive shoulder problems....i'm not his doctor but to play such a tournament is then a bit "stupid".

My girl Jule Goerges is on fire right now....7-6 2-0 up against Vekic :drool:

Looks like you were never at the French Open.
Paris is awful but I think the American crowds outdo it. They just do it with a lot more consistency.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Bencic wins the 1st set against Osaka.

Goerges has lost the comical 2nd set against Vekic :houllier:
Paris is awful but I think the American crowds outdo it. They just do it with a lot more consistency.
I was three times at the French Open....the worst tennis crowd ever.

I was last week at the US Open and i will go tomorrow again so i don't have much expierence but it was fantastic and funny last week.....but obviously it was not okay what has happened with Djokovic yesterday.

wr8_utd

Osaka down a break in the second as well. I barely watch any women's tennis but whenever I've seen her this year, she's been extremely underwhelming.

Bencic wins the 1st set against Osaka.

Goerges has lost the comical 2nd set against Vekic :houllier:

I was three times at the French Open....the worst tennis crowd ever.

I was last week at the US Open and i will go tomorrow again so i don't have much expierence but it was fantastic and funny last week.....but obviously it was not okay what has happened with Djokovic yesterday.
I've never liked the RG crowd either since they booed Nadal years ago but I've seen worse crowds at Miami, USO etc. It usually happens the most when Federer is playing and they begin to cheer the opponents errors or when Djokovic plays and they're ecstatic when he double faults (lots of cheers even today on DFs) or that final in 2015 against Federer or like when they booed him today and ofcourse Serena vs Osaka last year.

Hence, I'm kind of enjoying Medvedev trolling the crowd in every match now. I can see more of the same if he meets Federer in the semis.

wr8_utd

No idea how long she'll be around but that was piss poor tennis from her.

Giggsy92

Shame about Osaka, was looking forward to a rematch of last year's final. Think only Andreescu and Bencic will have a chance against Serena (if her ankle isn't a problem).

I would say this year on the men's side is very reminiscent of Rafa's previous wins here where the draw opened up nicely for him. Can't see anyone stopping him now Novak's out, should be a good scrap between the two of them for YE#1 if they're both healthy between now and the end of the season.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Shame about Osaka, was looking forward to a rematch of last year's final. Think only Andreescu and Bencic will have a chance against Serena (if her ankle isn't a problem).

I would say this year on the men's side is very reminiscent of Rafa's previous wins here where the draw opened up nicely for him. Can't see anyone stopping him now Novak's out, should be a good scrap between the two of them for YE#1 if they're both healthy between now and the end of the season.
S.Williams has trained today.

Bojan11

Wow I went away for 10 mins and Zverev thrown the second set away.

wr8_utd

Wow I went away for 10 mins and Zverev thrown the second set away.
The man doesn't know how to win in 3 sets. He's been awful really .

For Rafa to win USO, he needs Federer not to be in the final. He's lost the ability to beat him or Novak anywhere outside of clay anymore.
He's not going to be YE#1 either. I think he's missing the entire Asian swing and only playing WTF.

Bojan11

Zverev with a 68mph second serve.

If he’s the future of tennis then I will switch to another sport because he’s playing like a total coward so far.

Bojan11

Schwartzmann takes the third set.

2nd serves points won 35% for Zverev.

wr8_utd

Zverev with yet another awful match. Really hope he can win. I'd much rather Nadal face him than Diego.

Bojan11

Schwartzman with the break in the fourth. Momentum really with him now.

wr8_utd

Zverev with a 68mph second serve.

If he’s the future of tennis then I will switch to another sport because he’s playing like a total coward so far.
He's serving that slow because he doesn't trust himself not to hit double faults. He's really been struggling with the double faults for a while now.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Zverev must finally wake up after the tournament to give far less influence from his parents and give 100% responsibility to a new coach....otherwise he wins a few 500/1000 tournaments and will always be a Grand Slam 4th Round player.

wr8_utd

Zverev must finally wake up after the tournament to give far less influence from his parents and give 100% responsibility to a new coach....otherwise he wins a few 500/1000 tournaments and will always be a Grand Slam 4th Round player.
This current Zverev isn't even good enough to win or compete in Masters titles. He's had a truly awful season.

Bojan11

And he needs to stop trying to play like Andy Murray. I know he has Murray’s ex fitness coach but Murray is a smaller guy so can move side to side on the court. Zverev is 6 foot 5 him moving side to side isn’t going to work. He needs to make his serve bigger and shorten the points.

Murray won all his three slams when he played aggressive tennis. I used to criticise when Murray just used to hope the other players misses. You can’t do that in slams because eventually you’d come up against a player whose not going to miss.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
And he needs to stop trying to play like Andy Murray. I know he has Murray’s ex fitness coach but Murray is a smaller guy so can move side to side on the court. Zverev is 6 foot 5 him moving side to side isn’t going to work. He needs to make his serve bigger and shorten the points.

Murray won all his three slams when he played aggressive tennis. I used to criticise when Murray just used to hope the other players misses. You can’t do that in slams because eventually you’d come up against a player whose not going to miss.
Well said

Now i miss my Murray :(

wr8_utd

Zverev out. He's done reasonably well to make it this far. 80 points behind Kei now in the race for London and to defend his title.

wr8_utd

Nadal gets the break and then throws in yet another df and gets broken. Cilic playing well.

wr8_utd

Nadal breaks again. Not a very pretty match so far. Fair number of errors on both sides.