Tennis 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarrou

if someone doesn't do a Simpson's booting meme I'll be disappointed in the internet

ZDwyr

His head will probably explode if Nadal goes on to win the tournament.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
I wonder if they'll try and uphold the three-year ban from re-entry?
Anyone with a 3 year ban can apply for it to be waived under certain circumstances. If he gets vaccinated and applys he'd probably have a good chance.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
A handful of Aussie Setbs are protesting outside court (I think - or wherever the TV is reporting from) and there are some odd signs on display. One claiming some sort of conspiracy between the AU government and the NEW WORLD ORDER.

dinostar77

Hope this sets a precident for all sports. Not vaccinated then you can't come into the country to play. Good on Australia for doing his.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
The worst think is that #scottyfrommarketing finally did something I approve of even if for the wrong reason.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Right decision. As if any non-rich non-celeb would ever have got an exemption in the first place if unvaccinated. Make no mistake, the way AUS has handled this from start to finish has been a bit of a joke really. And has ended up making a mountain out of something which could have all been dealt with long before he boarded the plane there. But, ultimately, the right ending ensued.

Traub

Novak Djokovic is the first player to be eliminated from a grand slam after missing just two shots.

TheLiverBird

I mean let’s not be patting the Ozzies on the back here. They have made equally an utter utter farcical mess of this situation it’s been a joke. Novak is in the wrong, but how this has been handled is also nothing short of disgraceful.

I’m only glad it’s finally done and dusted and we can start hearing more about the more important things like the event itself and the players taking part in the event.

saivet

Given the order of play had already been released the only change to the draw is a lucky lose replacing Djokovic.

His quarter of the draw was pretty weak, so a good opportunity for Berrettini, Alcaraz or even Monfils to make the SF.

Interestingly, I think this will also be the first major that Nadal has competed in without Federer or Djokovic in the draw.

wr8_utd

:'(
Given the order of play had already been released the only change to the draw is a lucky lose replacing Djokovic.

His quarter of the draw was pretty weak, so a good opportunity for Berrettini, Alcaraz or even Monfils to make the SF.

Interestingly, I think this will also be the first major that Nadal has competed in without Federer or Djokovic in the draw.
It's a real pity that Nadal has no real form to speak about for the past half year. This would have been a great opportunity to finally win his second Australian Open.

saivet

It's a real pity that Nadal has no real form to speak about for the past half year. This would have been a great opportunity to finally win his second Australian Open.
A pretty tough draw to boot.

Also quite amazing how fit Djokovic has been in his career. This is only the second major he'll be absent from. The other one was USO17 when he had an elbow injury.

Brophs

The One and Only
I can see Zverev winning it, if he lays off the 55km/hr serves in the final.

R'hllor

At least shit show is over, instead of making him turn back and send away from the moment he landed, we got 2 weeks of circus, with nobody involved coming out good at the end.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
A handful of Aussie Setbs are protesting outside court (I think - or wherever the TV is reporting from) and there are some odd signs on display. One claiming some sort of conspiracy between the AU government and the NEW WORLD ORDER.
Most of serbs here think they banned him because the world continues to hate Serb, and not for obvious reasons. Including Serbian president, and president of Bosnian Serbs in Bosnia.

wr8_utd

:'(
At least shit show is over, instead of making him turn back and send away from the moment he landed, we got 2 weeks of circus, with nobody involved coming out good at the end.
Might have been a Shit show but this entire drama is probably more entertaining than the actual tournament will be.

Pyroblazer

That's a hot jacket, man
The right decision. I hope he learns something from it and just gets the vaccine. Otherwise more drama with him might follow this season.

But with everything we learned in the last few days he will probably contine to be a moron and feck up his season.

Medvedev and Zverev now both have the chance to get number 1 if they win the tournament.

Last edited:

MattofManchester

I see a whole colossal ton of Novak fans have taken to spamming abusive bullshit on anything involving Nadal on social media for some time now.

They need something else to do now. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.