Tennis 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Anyone who watched the Nadal-Sonego match who knows what happened in that? Nadal and Sonego had a lengthy chat at the net after the match.
I didn't really understand what Rafa was upset about but he called Sonego over to the net and had a talk with him at 4-4 and I think Sonego felt he was being disrespected, I think the problem is with how he approached the issue.

Skills

Snitch
I didn't really understand what Rafa was upset about but he called Sonego over to the net and had a talk with him at 4-4 and I think Sonego felt he was being disrespected, I think the problem is with how he approached the issue.
The umpire should've sorted it out - either by telling Nadal it wasn't an issue, or having a chat with Sonego himself

Giggs' right foot

Sonego screamed when the ball was in play, and Nadal was about to play his shot.

Nadal called him over at the end of the game for a chat, and then they were talking again at the end of the match.
Cheers lads <3

mav_9me

Both players are as hugely talented as basically flawed… what were you expecting, realistically? There is Nadal destroying Sonego on the other side of the campus, if you like videogames.
Not sure why you're being so aggressive.

I just got into tennis again recently, and I was thinking this wasn't too good. Just wanted to see if I was off base, so asked here.

LDUred

Those last three or four points from Nick were absolutely different class. So much variety, both power and deft touches.

Jev

The best player won. Also the most despicable. It's conflicting watching Kyrgios because on one hand he's so entertaining you want him to win so you can see more of him. On the other you want to see the smug brat put in his place. I struggle to recall a tennis match this mean-spirited.

AshRK

Nadal and djokovic are on different level. Rest are just sub standard to say the least.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Not sure why you're being so aggressive.

I just got into tennis again recently, and I was thinking this wasn't too good. Just wanted to see if I was off base, so asked here.
Uh, I was not aggressive at all. I just think virtual reality has skewed sweat reality for good... and many many top sportsmen / women think the same, lamenting the unreal, unbearable pressure and scrutiny they get subjected at any point, any game (Osaka being the most vocal, these days). If you really think that top-15 level tennis is not too good, then the sport has a huge problem for sure.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Nadal and djokovic are on different level. Rest are just sub standard to say the least.
See above. Rafa and Djoko are so much above the standard, not the other way round maybe?

AshRK

See above. Rafa and Djoko are so much above the standard, not the other way round maybe?
Not disputing that but find others are not that good either. And I am not saying in comparison to the three greats. Might be debatable but this is the weakest in Tennis era that I can remember.

Brophs

The One and Only

I mean, he's annoyed and he probably has a point, but he also needs to stop giving people the blueprint to knock him off his game.

Giggs' right foot

I mean, he's annoyed and he probably has a point, but he also needs to stop giving people the blueprint to knock him off his game.
Yeah, Tsitsipas should have slept on it and only spoken tomorrow.

This is all true. Nick being a bully, but it is said at the wrong time given Tsitsipas was the one hitting two balls into the crowd and perhaps five balls onto Kyrgios.

Brophs

The One and Only
Thread with Kyrgios’ reaction. Bit of a 180 from the “I love him” comment on court.

dal

Why would anyone not like Kyrgios he is a showman, a lot of it is just drama and its entertaining but he was absolutely right that the game should have defaulted. The crowd loves him too, he’s great.

Tennis needs this, a bit of diversity.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Why would anyone not like Kyrgios he is a showman, a lot of it is just drama and its entertaining but he was absolutely right that the game should have defaulted. The crowd loves him too, he’s great.

He's an obnoxious cnut who's wasting his talent and behaves like a petulant toddler on court.

Just spitballing here.

dal

He's an obnoxious cnut who's wasting his talent and behaves like a petulant toddler on court.

Just spitballing here.
Tennis just isn’t used to it, he’d be a saint in football.

I love that the purists hate him.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Just how easy is to call anyone obnoxious cnut on the internet? In my days, that used to be a properly heavy insult. Nothing compared to Kyrgios, who actually looked better than the two.

Now, with what did Nadal threatened poor Sonego there at the 4:4?

RORY65

He absolutely wouldn't, the way he speaks to umpires is horrid (even by the different standards of football) and he spat at someone in the crowd literally earlier this week amongst plenty of other shit he's done over the years. He's a tedious cnut who has massively flattered to deceive given the talent he clearly possesses.

I'm not even a fan of some of the stuffiness in tennis and I actually thought Kyrgios was mostly fine last night and Tsitsipas was the one who should have been punished more but someone being a complete twat doesn't mean that they're interesting or likeable.

TheGame

Not sure spitting at the crowd and showing no respect for umpires counts as just drama.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord

I'm by no means a purist, I just don't like twats and I think it's a shame that a player as talented as him achieves feck all, because of his dumb antics. I don't hate him at all, it's sad more than anything.

Surely almost everyone can agree that the diving, cheating and playacting is a blight on football. Im fine with it not finding its way onto the tennis courts.

dal

He spat at the crowd :lol:. He spat on the floor, footballers swear all the time at referees, emotions will run wild, its elite level sport, who cares.

Zen

On the default, the ref couldn't do shit after he'd let off Kyrgios for all sorts of shit prior to it. There's obviously major protection around Kyrgios because he brings in a new crowd in his minor brief runs, but he has to accept his opponents get protected due to it too.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Just how easy is to call anyone obnoxious cnut on the internet? In my days, that used to be a properly heavy insult. Nothing compared to Kyrgios, who actually looked better than the two.

Now, with what did Nadal threatened poor Sonego there at the 4:4?
Dunno when your days were, but the word obnoxious is surely spot on as a describer of Nick Kyrgios?

Status
Not open for further replies.