Tennis 2023

saivet

5 love up and serving to win the 5th.

Casper looked like a ghost all match tbh, totally passive.
Oh dear.

It is a bit funny and I get it's not his favourite surface but his attitude towards grass is all a bit disappointing. Equally he'll never win Wimbledon, even if he puts his mind to it, so perhaps it's just normal for him to not really care that much.
He's a city fan.

feck him
Comes across as a good guy on interviews and from following him on twitter

Duafc

Village Lemon
Oh dear.

It is a bit funny and I get it's not his favourite surface but his attitude towards grass is all a bit disappointing. Equally he'll never win Wimbledon, even if he puts his mind to it, so perhaps it's just normal for him to not really care that much.

Comes across as a good guy on interviews and from following him on twitter
Yeah it's a funny one, similar if not as outspoken as Medvedev on Clay, though he's doing much better there and just talking shite. At least the grass season is so short.

Yeah he seems lovely.

Jev

Strange season Ruud is having. It's been pretty much a disaster throughout, except for a Grand Slam final.

saivet

Strange season Ruud is having. It's been pretty much a disaster throughout, except for a Grand Slam final.
Expectations were raised because of last year but apparantly his clay court results were identical to last year.

saivet

Fritz is another one (FAA the other) that since losing to Nadal in 5 sets last year, things just haven't been the same since. Didn't watch him today but if not for injury losing to Ymer is a terrible result and even worse that he was 2 sets up.

saivet

Great opportunity for Sinner to face Novak in the SF. Will be disappointing if he doesn't make it convincingly.

Duafc

Village Lemon
Tsitsipas started well, forehand huge and serving well.

Murray needs to sort the serve and play to the backhand. Do feel having this chance at a run this year is adding a bit of negative pressure.

Don't expect tsitsipas to maintain this level though.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
In that tie break there was a rally where Murray was on top, had acres of space to play into, instead goes straight to Tsitsipas forehand who buries it :rolleyes:

Dan_F

That forehand is ridiculous. Feels like Murray needs to take more risks, even though it’s not his usual game.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Tsitsipas literally won’t die. He hasn’t given up a break point yet.

When it looks like he might, he pulls some unbelievable shots out of his arse and we’re back to square one.

His forehand is unreal too. Murray needs to be hitting it deeper, tsitsipas can’t get the power as easily that way, Murray’s been hitting it a bit short basically putting them on a plate for Mr Forehand.

maximus419

Murray is such an awful sportsman. Shows so much disrespect to his opponent. Always shouting at his box, often if his opponents hits a good shot he doesn't congratulate them. He just uses the crowd to create needle, there is no need for all the celebrations mid game, no other player does it.

predator

Youth NITK
Murray is such an awful sportsman. Shows so much disrespect to his opponent. Always shouting at his box, often if his opponents hits a good shot he doesn't congratulate them. He just uses the crowd to create needle, there is no need for all the celebrations mid game, no other player does it.
Wouldn't call him an awful sportsman but I agree that his shouting and not congratulating opponent is annoying to watch. Then again, this may be him in the heat of the moment yet after the match he is a true gent - as I've heard from players themselves.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Do Andy’s opponents congratulate him if he hits a good shot? No. Do they also celebrate and fist pump to hype themselves up? Yes.

Its sport. The fact he’s British and playing a British grand slam isn’t his fault, why not use the crowd?

Fts 74

It does look pretty bad and he says himself he's embarrassed sometimes when he watches it back.

But to say its bad sportsmanship I'm not so sure no players complain about it they all respect him.

maximus419

Wouldn't call him an awful sportsman but I agree that his shouting and not congratulating opponent is annoying to watch. Then again, this may be him in the heat of the moment yet after the match he is a true gent - as I've heard from players themselves.
I've watched so many sports down the years and I've never seen a more disrespectful player than him. It's not just his celebrations and shouting. He's always having a go at the umpire and creates such an awful atmosphere. I don't know why people like him so much. If he was russian and doing all this, people would be giving him abuse on a scale never witnessed before. Funny how being British gives him license to do what he likes and be celebrated for it.

Dan_F

Using the home crowd and celebrating winning points. This is a sport we are watching right?

Tsitsipas has been motioning to his box and fist pumping all match.

Edit. That was bait and I’ve nibbled haven’t I.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I've watched so many sports down the years and I've never seen a more disrespectful player than him. It's not just his celebrations and shouting. He's always having a go at the umpire and creates such an awful atmosphere. I don't know why people like him so much. If he was russian and doing all this, people would be giving him abuse on a scale never witnessed before. Funny how being British gives him license to do what he likes and be celebrated for it.
:lol:

redcucumber

This seems really extreme. Never heard someone call Murray the worst sportsman across all sports

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Let me guess, you’re a Djokovic fan and casually ignore the scenes that he’s created over the years shouting and whining?

Abraxas

Murray was always a bit dour really wasn't he. Least he's been consistent over the years...

Incredibly good player in his day though. Could chase down a ball like few others. Still not bad on the right day on the right surface when injuries are at bay.

Zen

Hows Murray casually this good? He's literally more broken than Nadal...

Doracle

Hows Murray casually this good? He's literally more broken than Nadal...
Thing is, he’s clearly miles off where he was 10 years ago and yet still giving the 5th seed all sorts of problems.