Tennis 2023

Care_de_Bobo

Hasn't had to. The Ukrainian has been trash. Super low quality match for a semifinal of a grand slam
You know she had a baby less than a year ago right? She's done incredibly well to even get this far and only one mother has ever won Wimbledon before, so it's really not that easy.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
You know she had a baby less than a year ago right? She's done incredibly well to even get this far and only one mother has ever won Wimbledon before, so it's really not that easy.
Yeah, she has been remarkable indeed! And now Jabeur is performing another number on a top seed again.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Yeah I know. Doesn't change the fact that she played like garbage in the match yesterday.

Relfy

Really hoping that Jabeur wins the women's final at the weekend. It would be huge for her, African and Arab women's sport, as well as tennis as a whole across the region too. Also, she comes across as a very charismatic and likeable person too.

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
Really hoping that Jabeur wins the women's final at the weekend. It would be huge for her, African and Arab women's sport, as well as tennis as a whole across the region too. Also, she comes across as a very charismatic and likeable person too.
I think she will.

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
Novak hitting 3 aces in a row is pretty crazy. Especially since his 1st serve hasn't been that amazing the first set.

LDUred

Experience such a big factor here. Novak going hard for early breaks and catching Sinner cold.

Sinner's played pretty well but Novak is bossing the big moments like the record GS winner he is.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
I hope Alcaraz makes it to the final, he stands a better chance to giving Novak a game than Medvedev.

Bole Top

Novak imo isn't playing as nearly as good as the result would suggest. but he took the key points and that's it.

wr8_utd

:'(
Not been watching the match but seems like its been comfortable enough for Novak if he's going two sets up without even being at his best. Never really expected Sinner to be a threat given he's not really done great this year and he was coming into this match completed underprepared as opposed to Novak who has had some good tests.

Novak imo isn't playing as nearly as good as the result would suggest. but he took the key points and that's it.
Novak's rarely been close to his peak in recent years but his big match and big point experience is more than enough for him to win these Slams with ease especially when he doesn't need to face Federer/Rafa.

wr8_utd

I hope Alcaraz makes it to the final, he stands a better chance to giving Novak a game than Medvedev.
One can hope because Alcaraz is clearly the strongest mentally from among all of the Next Gen. However, Medvedev does already have experience of facing Novak in Grand Slam finals which might mean he's less nervy. Also, you know know, he might just have a crazy serving day and trouble Novak. Either way though, whoever makes it, don't expect anything apart from a 4 set Djokovic win.

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
One can hope because Alcaraz is clearly the strongest mentally from among all of the Next Gen. However, Medvedev does already have experience of facing Novak in Grand Slam finals which might mean he's less nervy. Also, you know know, he might just have a crazy serving day and trouble Novak. Either way though, whoever makes it, don't expect anything apart from a 4 set Djokovic win.
Yeah any other surface I would give Alcaraz/Medvedev a big chance but not on grass. Even though it's now Carlito's favorite surface funnily by the stats. I hope it's Alcaraz though. Would love another big rivalry for the last years of his career, Novak vs the new heir.

wr8_utd

Yeah any other surface I would give Alcaraz/Medvedev a big chance but not on grass. Even though it's now Carlito's favorite surface funnily by the stats. I hope it's Alcaraz though. Would love another big rivalry for the last years of his career, Novak vs the new heir.
Carlos definitely has the game for it but I'm not sure he'll be mentally tougher than Novak. He said he was nervous in the RG semifinal so that needs to not repeat. I also do feel he needs a really tough test from Medvedev to get him even more in rhythm for the final.

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
That 0-40 comeback from Sinner though. Can't believe Novak didn't break there.

saivet

Sinner hasn't played badly but had failed to put pressure on Djokovic in any of the big points. It's been all pretty comfortable for Djokovic, even if he has faced break points in the opening two sets.

croadyman

There is always seemingly a dominant force at Wimbledon while I have been watching

Sampras (93-01)
Federer (03-12)
Djokovic (12-present)

A two year gap in around 30 years says it all

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Sinner lacked belief, he should have gotten a set there.

Alcaraz vs Medvedev, fancy Alcaraz in 4 or 5.

Alcaraz won't be so mentally weak on the big points again Novak, could be a five setter