Tennis Thread 2011

Mihajlovic

Its Baltic!
He clearly only turned up for the bonus. But who can blame him?
It's a smart move by him, definitely. His injury would have most likely hindered him to compete on the highest level in the later stages of the tournament but it seems as if it was OK enough for the first couple of games. I just hope he can fix it soon, in the long run this will turn out shit for him otherwise.

BaldwinLegend

He clearly only turned up for the bonus. But who can blame him?
I don't blame him but he shouldn't have given that interview yesterday where he so stridently denied doing that - tennis fans are a clever bunch of sports fans and see through this stuff a mile off. I do think he alienates people sometimes which is a shame...

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Berdych beats Murray 4-6 7-6 6-4

First of all it was a really fantastic and entertaining match!!!

This was Murray's first defeat since his US Open semi-final defeat to Nadal.

Murray had problems with his thigh.......hopefully he's fit for London next week.

Brophs

The One and Only
Let's be honest, it's rare for Murray to come out of a match he's lost without an ailment of some sort.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Sweden's former world number four Robin Soderling has ruled himself out of January's Australian Open as he struggles to recover from glandular fever. The 27-year-old, a two-time French Open runner-up, has not played since mid-July when he won the Bastad title, his fourth trophy of the season.

BBC
That's a shame :(

Best wishes Robin