Tennis Thread 2011

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
Murray finally wins a tournament this year

Much needed confidence boost ahead of Wimby, though he looked fragile in several encounters, included today's

wr8_utd

:'(
He was very ordinary for one and a half sets today but he was phenomenal vs Roddick. I reckon he'll reach the semis again and get knocked out by Nadal/Fed/Djoko.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
He was very ordinary for one and a half sets today but he was phenomenal vs Roddick. I reckon he'll reach the semis again and get knocked out by Nadal/Fed/Djoko.
He can't play Fed in the semis though can he?

Or is there a particular seeding system at Wimbledon?

Nearco

youth team player
Or is there a particular seeding system at Wimbledon?
It's not strictly 1vs4 and 2vs3. Last year Murray was seeded 4 and had Nadal in his half when the Spaniard was seeded 2. He'll either get Djoko or Nadal then.

wr8_utd

Yep it's random. 1 and 2 are in seperate halves so Murray could get Rafa or Djoko.

wr8_utd

USA :lol: :lol:

2-0 down vs Spain despite playing at home, on fast indoor courts and playing a Spanish team without Nadal.

wr8_utd

Sania Mirza had won Junior Doubles with her at Wimbledon I think. Hopefully she makes a full recovery!

wr8_utd

Montreal Masters will be starting soon and Djokovic, Fed and Del Po in one half with Murray, Simon, Nadal and Fish in the other.

Del Po vs Djoko 3R match :drool:

wr8_utd

Defending Champion Murray just lost to Kevin Anderson 6-3 6-1 in the First round :eek: :lol:

wr8_utd

Nadal loses in the first round to Dodig 1-6 7-6 7-6. Knew I shouldn't have laughed at Murray :lol:

It's been a shocking few days.

Murray, Del Po, Nadal, Kim and Wozniacki all out.

wr8_utd

Tsonga blows Fed away...again.

No Nadal, Murray, Del Po or Fed in the QF's.

Congrats Novak on yet another title!

wr8_utd

Djokovic is going to win this, win Cincinnati easily and then walk away with the USO and the end of season Tour Finals. He's just too dam good this year.

wr8_utd

Fed beat De Gea rather easily. Didn't expect that! Hopefully he can take out Djoko in the semi so Nadal has a chance in the final (if he makes it )

wr8_utd

Nadal just beat Verdasco 7-6 6-7 7-6 in almost 4 hours.

He won the final tie break 11-9 on his 5th MP after being 5-1 up i the TB and missing 4 match points.

I think this is easily the worst I must have ever seen him play. He's looked far below his usual level in the last 2 weeks.

wr8_utd

Ferrer vs Murray should be fun..if Ferrer manages to win.

And hoping for a Djokerer semi final in the other other.

wr8_utd

Fish beats Nadal in straight sets and I can't even say it's a shock. He's playing some of the worst tennis of his career and seems extremely low on confidence. An early exit in New York won't really surprise me even though Nadal usually raises his level in the Slams.

Also well done to Fish. He took a set off Djoko in the final in Montreal last week and is in the semi vs Murray now here at Cincinnati. He's a semi finalist at the US Open for me.

wr8_utd

Fed's the only one who can take out Djokovic. It's a shame he never manages to reach the semi finals to be in a position to play him!

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Murray wins 6-3 7-6 against Fish :D

Over 2 1/2 hours is very long for a result like this one.

Funny moment at Murray's first matchpoint: Linesmen and referee are saying "In"......Fish wants the haw-eye.........Murray and Fish are already on the net........but the hawk-eye says "Out".......the game goes on :lol:

wr8_utd

I went to sleep with Berdych serving for the first set. That shoulder killed him.

Anyway Murray Djojovic should be fun!

Mihajlovic

Its Baltic!
Fed's the only one who can take out Djokovic. It's a shame he never manages to reach the semi finals to be in a position to play him!
Even if he'd go through, I doubt he'd be able to beat Djokovic at the moment. Thanks to Federer Nole's winning streak was already interrupted relieving Nole of an increasingly big burden. Djokovic has got nothing to lose really, he just has to keep playing his game and I'm pretty confident he'd beat Federer.

wr8_utd

Even if he'd go through, I doubt he'd be able to beat Djokovic at the moment. Thanks to Federer Nole's winning streak was already interrupted relieving Nole of an increasingly big burden. Djokovic has got nothing to lose really, he just has to keep playing his game and I'm pretty confident he'd beat Federer.
I just think Fed is the only one with the game to beat Djokovic. And maybe Murray as well.

Fed plays his all out attack game against whoever he faces and it's the best way to go against Djokovic at the moment. You're not going to beat him in any baseline rallies.

PS: That video :lol:
He's a great guy!