Tevez poster in Manchester city centre

HsJ

Didn't SAF criticize Rafa for calling Everton a small club? You can just tell how much he despises City where it is blatantly obvious:lol:
He's a Sir. Rafa is just a waiter.

SharkyMcShark

Horrified
Using location as a tagline: because I'm just not
Manchester United fans taunt Manchester City rivals over Carlos Tevez with billboard in city centre - Telegraph

Manchester United fans taunt Manchester City rivals over Carlos Tevez with billboard in city centre
Manchester United fans have taken revenge on their City rivals' taunts over Carlos Tévez's move two years ago with a giant digital billboard image poking fun at the Argentina striker.
Manchester United fans taunt Manchester City rivals over Carlos Tevez with billboard in city centre

Sweet revenge: United fans put the Carlos Tevez billboard up in the city centre on

7:21PM BST 30 Sep 2011

The image shown in Manchester city centre on Friday night says "Welcome to Carlos, Manchester" - mocking the giant blue poster erected by City when Tévez moved from United in 2009 showing a picture of the Argentina striker over the words "Welcome to Manchester".

The prank was the work of the Manchester United Supporters' Trust who described it as "a warm-hearted message from some old friends".

Tévez has been suspended by his club pending an investigation into his apparent refusal to come off the bench during City's 2-0 defeat by Bayern Munich on Tuesday.

City tried to draw a line under the situation by warning journalists not to ask manager Roberto Mancini about the issue in his usual Friday press conference.

Sir Alex Ferguson back Mancini's handling of the incident, praising him for his "strong management".

The Manchester United manager said: "Roberto Mancini has come out and shown his strength of character, his strength of management and that is important.

"We have all experienced our own difficulties in management and you cope with it as best as you can. In my own experience strong management is important and there is nobody more important than the manager at a football club."

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Don't know if I like that, we got the last laugh, no need to lower to their standards, City know they dropped a bollock in signing him and paying him as much as they do, we don't need to remind them, we're a class above them!

BAMSOLA

Has issues!
Supports
A Crack Habit.
Surely the difference is this hasn't been put out by the club or any official body directly attached to it, but by the supporters/supporters trust.

A bit of banter amoung supporters is fair game as long as its not clubs stooping to the same level.

Alwyn

Got rid of his pee
I thought it was incredibly unfunny.

The situation is farcical in the extreme regardless, and the banner didn't make it any funnier, in my opinion.

ralphie88

Those comparing the MUST billboard with City's attempt are confusing apples with pears. MCFC paid for their "Welcome to Manchester" effort out of the club's cash. MUFC have never spent any money winding up City.

However MUFC's fans have always done so - the City Ticker, the 25th Year Anniversary, now this. The bottom line is that United fans dominate Manchester - we don't need our club/owners to wind up City, we do that as and when we please. The city is ours.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
And spending money having a dig at City progresses that in what way?

ralphie88

And spending money having a dig at City progresses that in what way?
It raised MUST's profile in the media and increased MUST's membership.

Not that that was the reason it was done. It was done because MUST are - shock horror - United fans who love to wind up City fans.

The previous poster campaigns didn't cost any money at all by the way. Not sure if this one did or not.

Collina

The previous poster campaigns didn't cost any money at all by the way. Not sure if this one did or not.
I've heard it didn't. Someone reliable on twitter said it, don't remember who. Feeky, possibly?

Sir A1ex

I've heard it didn't. Someone reliable on twitter said it, don't remember who. Feeky, possibly?
Probably not - MUST certainly have media owners with properties in the city centre who are sympathetic, and this is very much the sort of thing a media owner would do with spare inventory.

AVARiCE

Phoenix Fund ftw? As long as they're using that large sum of money collectively, hey?

This entire thing is funny in a way, just not funny enough for it to have happened. I'd have taken the smug satisfaction of knowing they fluffed up without ever having to say it over a cheap laugh. It's not the last laugh, it never will be with Tevez.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
OK I maybe completely wrong, but weren't MUST banging on about how the Glazers screwed us with the "Ronaldo money" and us not signing Tevez was proof that we had no money to spend etc.

Seems a bit hypocritical that they now cite "Fergie's managerial judgement".

AVARiCE

OK I maybe completely wrong, but weren't MUST banging on about how the Glazers screwed us with the "Ronaldo money" and us not signing Tevez was proof that we had no money to spend etc.

Seems a bit hypocritical that they now cite "Fergie's managerial judgement".

Revisionism at its finest. I'd never have expected such hypocrisy from the organisation.

ralphie88

Phoenix Fund ftw? As long as they're using that large sum of money collectively, hey?
The money in the Pheonix Fund belongs to the beneficiaries of the Trust and will - along with any interest made on it - continue to do so until the beneficiaries decide otherwise. That's how Trusts work under English law.

As for dear old Carlos - I think we can be sure that whatever happens, Man City will not have the last laugh. The poor feckers never do. :D

RK

I have no idea why people are over-analysing the situation or having jabs at MUST. It' s just a laugh by our fans winding up theirs/their club. Just like singing 35 years - they were well aware that they hadn't won a trophy in a while and that we'd lifted one or two, but that didn't stop us rubbing it in :devil:

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Whilst I'm no fan of must for a number of reasons, I thought this was pretty good and a harmless way of laughing at our rivals.

Why some of you are digging at our own fans having a big laugh at city's expense, I have no idea. It's not at all like their poster which came from the club. I'd have thought the fans getting the chance to stick two fingers up to those lot should be lauded not derided!

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I think it's funny, well done to the MUST. Not sure why people are getting irritated by this here.