Tevez poster in Manchester city centre

Bearded but no genius

I can't believe this "massive" international project would start such an official advertising campaign.

I'm surprised that Cook didn't put up "Have That, You Munichs!" billboards for good measure.

B Cantona

Desperate

Incidently I think it's bollocks. We move games to avoid trouble, ridiculous police presences through the City, some pubs shut down for nothing, if players so much as remove a shirt they get punished for incitement, and yet the club can take out a massive fecking billboard with the sole aim of goading the opposition?! Ridiculous

Crerand Legend

Incidently I think it's bollocks. We move games to avoid trouble, ridiculous police presences through the City, some pubs shut down for nothing, if players so much as remove a shirt they get punished for incitement, and yet the club can take out a massive fecking billboard with the sole aim of goading the opposition?! Ridiculous
If we had done a poster campaign like this the Daily Mirror would up in arms about it,it is provocation

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
Pathetic.

FortBoyard

gets teste with iPads
Supports
Bitter Racism
:yawn:

anything about now

MUFC lad living in a matriel world
Don't even give them the light of day. I've had a look at their bluemoon forum, they make scousers look sensible and intelligent. Almost one third of their forum is like a "United watch".

Boss

Melodramatic, attention seeking space-attacker
I left you with enough memories to resurrect me wi
Allow them, let 'em have have their two minutes of fame, we will do our talking on the pitch as always and then we would see who is laughing

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
I'll be laughing and we'll be laughing all the way to the bank - when Owen outscores Tevez.

Two things come to my mind.

'Classless' and 'Small Time'.

Thats what Man City are proving they are with provocative eyesores like this. But let them continue with their own stupidness. On the pitch this matter will be sorted once and for all.

Tibs

Can't wait till the final league table next season

1. Manchester UNITED
2. Chelsea
3. Arsenal
4. Everton
5. Liverpool
6. MASSIVE MANCHESTER CITY WITH THEIR MASSIVE BILLBOARD POSTERS

IBleedRed

likes to use pantyhose

1. Manchester UNITED
2. Chelsea
3. Arsenal
4. Everton
17. Liverpool
18. MASSIVE MANCHESTER CITY WITH THEIR MASSIVE BILLBOARD POSTERS
fixed (as long as were going for ideal)

Spoony

The People's President
the funny this is, the international press seem to think Tevez and Adeboyar have move or are planning to move to Manchester United. We're 'Manchester', and they know it.
+-988**

vijay

Im rude and disprespectful to the ladies of the fo

1. Manchester UNITED
2. Chelsea
3. Arsenal
4. Everton
5. Liverpool
6. MASSIVE MANCHESTER CITY WITH THEIR MASSIVE BILLBOARD POSTERS
If they can get Adebayor they stand a strong chance to qualify for the UEFA cup comfortable and a decent chance of finishing fifth.

At the moment I'd go with

Chelsea-United 50-50
Liverpool
Arsenal
Villa
City

MG

Seems to me like it's saying welcome to the people, not to Tevez.
It's blatantly a dig from City fans saying Tevez is finally going to Manchester now he's joined City because Old Trafford "isn't in Manchester", and all our fans are actually from Timbucktu.

City are the only club in Manchester didn't you know, and they are also massive.

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
Seems to me like it's saying welcome to the people, not to Tevez.
That's how I see it too.

It's like they're advertising Manchester as being blue, and that poster is to tell people that.

It's kind of ambguous really.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
Manchester city that all conquering team who just lost 2nil to the Orlando Pirates.

Bread

Ridiculous i hope the Fa really comes down on them for this, OH NO WAIT..they arent united so will get away with basically putting a huge poster in the centre of a city with an enourmous football fan prescence and a classic history of violent rivalry purely to annoy thier rivals, insane.

It's not like we would put a poster up saying "you've won absolutely feck all in 33 years" surronded by our trophies.

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
I don't see why people are getting upset by it. It's just a harmless bit of oversized banter. We'd all be loving it if we did a similar thing to them.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
This thread is useless without pictures.

No need for us to get narky.

Its obviously a great ploy by shitty to wind up United and I think is very funny. I actually think its quite classy and were I a shitty fan love it to bits.

Touche by shitty on us .... for the time being ... roll on Sept 19th

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Ridiculous i hope the Fa really comes down on them for this, OH NO WAIT..they arent united so will get away with basically putting a huge poster in the centre of a city with an enourmous football fan prescence and a classic history of violent rivalry purely to annoy thier rivals, insane.

It's not like we would put a poster up saying "you've won absolutely feck all in 33 years" surronded by our trophies.
maybe we should

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I don't see why people are getting upset by it. It's just a harmless bit of oversized banter. We'd all be loving it if we did a similar thing to them.
my sentiments exactly. I think its very witty and clever.

Team Brian GB

Baby Cameron loves X-Factor
Supports
Chelsea
Where are those locations specifically? If you really want to do it properly you'd put them on Beetham Tower or the Trafford Centre; Chelsea on the other hand have advertising at erm... Piccadilly Circus on the samsung big screen and on the Adidas store on Oxford Street, not on some trunk road beside a railway overpass.

Not to mention on Samsung displays in Seoul, Tokyo and Times Square.

The Physio

Where are those locations specifically? If you really want to do it properly you'd put them on Beetham Tower or the Trafford Centre; Chelsea on the other hand have advertising at erm... Piccadilly Circus on the samsung big screen and on the Adidas store on Oxford Street, not on some trunk road beside a railway overpass.

Not to mention on Samsung displays in Seoul, Tokyo and Times Square.
Why do football clubs have to advertise? Doesn't make sense?