Thai Cave kids | All 12 boys and coach rescued from cave | visiting United

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
I'm not totally convinced that a Brit living in Thailand can have a fair legal fight with a billionaire, but I'm sure he'd like to.

The other group who might be unimpressed though, are the scuba team who had to work on the rescue. Some of those tweets not only downplayed their efforts they seemed to be accusing them of lying. Again though, I doubt either the divers who've gone back to their normal lives, or the Thai government really want the argument.

There's lots more in the thread too.

Revan

Assumptionman
I'm not totally convinced that a Brit living in Thailand can have a fair legal fight with a billionaire, but I'm sure he'd like to.

The other group who might be unimpressed though, are the scuba team who had to work on the rescue. Some of those tweets not only downplayed their efforts they seemed to be accusing them of lying. Again though, I doubt either the divers who've gone back to their normal lives, or the Thai government really want the argument.
I think there will be plenty of good lawyers who would get interested on this for free (or to get some % in case they win the lawsuit).

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
I think there will be plenty of good lawyers who would get interested on this for free (or to get some % in case they win the lawsuit).
I'm more concerned that the Thai government probably has more interest in what Musk or his companies can offer them in the future, rather than an individual ex-pat. I may be being too cynical, but we aren't actually talking about an open democracy with a high respect for individual rights.

bazalini

The Baz Man - He made us laugh 2000 - 2012

I'd say there is a few legal practices only willing to take on that fight at no cost and take a percentage of penalties.

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
While I kept up with this on the news and on twitter over the past couple of weeks, I’m only getting a chance to go through this tread now. It’s rare I’d find a thread 20 odd pages on here and read every single post. Such is the scale of this whole story.

Firstly from hearing about 12 boys and their coach missing in a cave which was now flooded after monsoon rains. I doubt I’m the only one who thought their chance of survival was close to zero. Then, 9 days later, to all be found was an amazing story in itself, to talk of being down there for months and then to the incredible rescue effort. It really is a story that gives you great hope in humanity. The rescuers are an incredible group of people, the boys, and their coach equally incredible to survive such an ordeal. 9 days in darkness must have felt like an absolute eternity.

I found Elon Musk getting involved quite funny and even gave him credit for at least trying to help, even though his submarine seemed completely useless given the situation. But still, I thought, it was good of him to try. Those tweets though are astonishing. What an absolute cretin. It’s such a pity that he’s become the focus of this incredible story.

Anyway, I hope the boys’ status is sorted out. While the idea that anyone in the area is stateless is horrible, these 12 boys have been through enough. I can’t imagine how much they have ahead of them in terms of both their physical and mental recovery.

fcbforever

Supports
FC Bayern München
They're not that popular here. You do see the odd S and X model. The X model has fantastic gullwing style rear doors...and it turns heads - it's not bloody cheap mind. But I suspect Tesla will fade into oblivion in a decade or so.
The model X is one of the worst cars build this decade. The doors are the worst part of it actually.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
That's fantastic from the club. Love to see the kids smiling.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Just heard tonight that Thai government are in the process of rescuing twelve young boys from a cave. Again.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
These are some lucky kids! The chances of seeing a good game of football were slim. Keep inviting them.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Man, this rescue operation will be talked about for decades. Just amazing human cooperation.