"That" penalty...

Bearded but no genius

What the feck was that?

Another reason we need a fifth tv replay official, and genital shock devices installed on crap officials.

Of course, cue TV commentators claiming some sort of horrible conspiracy to not give the opposition a fair shake because penalties are rare at OT - nothing at all to do with being the best team in the land over the last decade and a half...

noodlehair

"It's like..."
It was pretty strange to be fair

I mean, we've had some dodgy penalties this season, but what the feck?

The rules of the game arn't supposed to change depending on the score

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
He felt sorry for Bolton and gave them a cheap penalty. I bet Kusczzak isn't happy with the penalty he still hasn't kept a clean sheet I think.

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
No, tv replay is shit. It is for wankers and would only allow commercial inbetween those "breaks". They should have a shrink checking every refs head instead. Now they had their penalty at OT so they can be quiet for some time. Good thing it came when we were 4 up :P

Justin

Wiley waited 87 minutes for that one, he should be very proud of himself :mad:

Kelvin

Difference to us keeping a clean sheet, so it matters, shocking decision, never a penalty.

Drifter

American
Eyepopper said:
Yes.... would you say that if it happened in a game where we were 2-1 up?
No.That's why i'm saying it in a game where we were 4-0 up.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Drifter said:
No.That's why i'm saying it in a game where we were 4-0 up.
Dont you get it? If the ref can give that when we're 4 up he can give it anytime..

Hectic

Supports
30fps
ExcuseMeFrench said:
ronaldo's assist should've been a goal kick :rolleyes:
No it shouldn't have. The ball clearly didn't cross the line completely.

Ferguson

total rubbish

It is a cheap goal that Bolton won't take any comfort from, and our defenders will find annoying.

Tommorow the referee will be embarassed.

M160RA

You could see Fergie was livid on the touchlines. To lose a clean sheet because of some retarded referee is annoying.

Ixion

Never a penalty, can't believe the commentators and 'pundits' were justifying it. If thats a pen there would be 10 given per match.

The Murray

Fergiefan
Unfortunately it's all about the referees these days.

They need to have 'stature'. The game was too fecking easy for him to referee that he felt he needed to do something in it.

First class bellend.

rumac

Ixion said:
Never a penalty, can't believe the commentators and 'pundits' were justifying it. If thats a pen there would be 10 given per match.
This is true
olesmyhero said:
Vidic barely put that elbow into him
But so is this. Vidic clearly pushed him in the back. It's one of the first things you are told when you play footie, "don't put your hands on somebodies back when heading the ball"

kkcbl

rumac said:
This is true

But so is this. Vidic clearly pushed him in the back. It's one of the first things you are told when you play footie, "don't put your hands on somebodies back when heading the ball"
He was backing into Vidic and the latter's contact was very minimal - I've seen many more obvious penalty decisions not given against United - like that penalty Ronaldo was denied against Lille - the ref was more interested in booking him for falling dramatically when he was obviously tripped, which was bizarre to say the least.

At the least, the penalty at OT nails the lie that United don't get penalties awarded against them at OT, let alone non-existent ones!

green demon

Caf Nostradamous 2008
Near to nowhere, in the suburbs of Amnesia.
Ixion said:
If it was given the other way; the commentaters would have been livid about soft penalties always being awarded to United.

I've come to the conclusion that a penalty is a bad decision only when it's awarded to us. We could have had lots of justified spot-kicks this season that we weren't given, but we've not been given one that these "un-biased" :houllier: experts have not argued against. They are cretins.

Ole_Gunnar

green demon said:
If it was given the other way; the commentaters would have been livid about soft penalties always being awarded to United.

I've come to the conclusion that a penalty is a bad decision only when it's awarded to us. We could have had lots of justified spot-kicks this season that we weren't given, but we've not been given one that these "un-biased" :houllier: experts have not argued against. They are cretins.
We've had more things go against us at OT than we've had go for us. A series of perfectly legitimate offside goals amongst other things. We're on top this season in spite of poor decisions at home.