That Sensible Football Forum

B Cantona

Desperate
I'm a good gauge, I find the people considered to be good posters by most get on with me, while those who are generally considered cnuts / go on to be banned do not

Davo, you've never had an arguement with me have you?

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I've come around to the idea somewhat, due mostly to the alternatives being a bit rubbish

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
I'd prefer it if we magically forked the Football Forum so that noone knew any different, but in fact there were now two different versions - one good one, featuring me, noodlehair, etc., and one shite one, featuring The Chief, Davo etc.

If anyone noticed posters being missing, we could say they were invited to the special forum where others were not.

Genius.

We could do the same with the General, and split it so that everyone posts in one forum, and Brad and laura in another.

Davo

I still maintain that it would be good to have a forum where you could discuss the merits of Torres's start to the season without a hundred rabid gimps screaming about Derby and too early to call him world class, when no has..

And another forum where you can follow the Chief round saying things like "Thus mistakenly thinks the Chef"

Perfect

Sjarkus

I still maintain that it would be good to have a forum where you could discuss the merits of Torres's start to the season without a hundred rabid gimps screaming about Derby and too early to call him world class, when no has..

And another forum where you can follow the Chief round saying things like "Thus mistakenly thinks the Chef"

Perfect
I know I'm your favourite poster, Davo, so I'm obviously in.

Noodle's been acting like a bit of a spastic so far this season.

The chief thinks Henry isn't a good finisher.

Weaste is cool now he isn't a mod.

I fancy GB and Hectic.

That is all.

Sjarkus

It's that Tevez thread.

When I saw it, I knew my life would be changed forever. You know that warm, tender feeling one sometimes gets. I got it everytime I was on the brink of reading one of your posts. The determination, the thirst for success, the burning desire in your eye.. eehrm, posts. That's what did it. I'm totally lost in you, and I fecking hope I find the way out.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
:lol::lol::lol:

Brilliant. I feel like I owe you somehow.

Can I pay you in more Wiki edits?

Hectic

Supports
30fps
I can't stop laughing from that post of yours.

Did you get the anfield edit from today? I think someone else was editing it at the same time so it looks like the whole page has been done. Had me chuckling.

pert

I don't know what that means

Is it a fancy word for spastic?

Hectic

Supports
30fps
No. It basically means foreseeing the future.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
:lol:

The desire, it's there too. It's like you've got one single goal in your life, and you do everything in you power except you look like you've got huge amounts of goals in your life. If you follow me. What's the secret?

A strict routine my friend. I shit everyday in the morning, clear the system and you clear your senses. Put all emotions into your targets and goals, thus either achieving your aims, or failing but feeling like you have tried anyway. Also, try and have as many goals as possible, that way when you undoubtedly fail at most, you will achieve a few and feel great.

Other then that, I think the other important factors is being able to dictate like you are either a pirate, or some kind of force in the government. The next thing is to semi-spam, make sure that if your point doesn't get across through meaning, then you can fall back on visual reputation. Mesmerize the mind, obtain the soul.

VanNistelrater

Poncey film buff
MUFC Champions 2006/2007: Where will the goals com
This is the worst idea since Nazism and the Entertainment Forum.

Just kick out, or trim down, the rival fans in the Football Forum and you'd have a much more sensible, rational Football Forums rather than 30 page fecking leviathans full of Scousers going on about their class and dignity.

Elizabeth

Manageress
certain people like to wind up others,ban all of them from that forum on personality rather than who they support-without rival teams we will all sit around ass-kissing.

VanNistelrater

Poncey film buff
Do we do that in the MUFC forum?

I dont think so.

Without rival fans we could fulfill what this board was intended for - a discussion place for Manchester United fans.

Whilst you have so many rival fans on here stirring things up, you'll never get sensible discussion, because people become defensive and it spirals into tit-for-tat. Id have thought this was fairly obvious.

If you want rivals on here then fair enough, but you cant at the same time whinge about threads falling into anarchy and mud slinging.

Bearded but no genius

Calm down, eh.

I love you Van. I love you Liz. Hold hands and sing with me together...

We could even sing a rock song by some random long haired guitarist no one's ever heard of. Liz knows of whom I speak.

Elizabeth

Manageress
That would be the point of a 'select' forum.Only certain posters can use it,by cherry-picking posters whom are known for their debating quality you ensure it never stoops to a certain level of name calling.

VanNistelrater

Poncey film buff
That would be the point of a 'select' forum.Only certain posters can use it,by cherry-picking posters whom are known for their debating quality you ensure it never stoops to a certain level of name calling.

You cant actually be serious about the idea can you?

One of the most pretentious, elitist things discussed on here!

What are you going to have, a forum full of people writing three word posts or sitting around agreeing how wonderful Liverpool are.

You'll end up with a two tier system in every forum on the board, where people who say things the Mods dont like get left in the gutter. You'll have a newbie forum and a main forum in every section of the board - madness!

If you feel the FF isnt up to standard then sort it out. Demote people, ban people from there - whatever. Personally I just think the best, and fairest, way to go would be to weed out those who start the 39 page spastic fest - by and large, the rival fans all of whom admit the only reason they come here is to annoy 'the mancs'. Let them in the General by all means, btw.

VanNistelrater

Poncey film buff
Really if you think about it, people like Davo are only here to try to get United fans admit to how wonderful Liverpool are, or a certain Liverpool player is.

That is his objective behind every Football related post.

If you call that 'serious debating' and want to make it easier for him to do that then god help us all.