That Torres Miss

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
I actually held my head in my hands for him. I'm not sure if my hands where moving to my head in preparation for his goal, or I empathised with him. Or both.

Varun

Staff
Harsh tbh. 999 times out of 1000 he'd score. it was a freak miss.

LARulz

Still can't believe he missed it. Think he was probably thinking about how to celebrate

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
This is a worse miss than the Forlan. The biggest difference is the score line and the importance of the supposed goal. That sort of miss in incredible. My head was already turned down when he got pass de gea. Then I saw in the corner of my eye that he missed and the next thing you know the fans were celebrating more than ever.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
I was already looking at the clock to see how much time was left before he took his shot. Some things are unmissable. That was unmissable. Impossibly, he missed it. By miles.

For that reason alone I've never experienced a worse miss live.

The worst thing about it all is that we actually allowed this clown to score a goal against us. The embarrassment is all ours.

ricky-romeo

i believe that forlan miss was during a pre season game against juve.

this one from torres is in a big premiership game.

the occasion makes the difference even bigger.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I was already looking at the clock to see how much time was left before he took his shot. Some things are unmissable. That was unmissable. Impossibly, he missed it. By miles.

The worst thing about it all is that we actually allowed this clown to score a goal against us. The embarrassment is all ours.
Torres is quality and there is no shame in him scoring against us. He's going through a bad patch and some fickle pundits and fans are getting on his back. But looks at his all round play and you can see he is still a top player.

MUFCgal

Sure the miss was horrendously funny, and really bad for a player like him. But, he's clearly going through a quite bad patch. That goal will probably do him the world of good.

I wouldn't call him a clown, he's not a bad player.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Sure the miss was horrendously funny, and really bad for a player like him. But, he's clearly going through a quite bad patch. That goal will probably do him the world of good.

I wouldn't call him a clown, he's not a bad player.
That bad patch started in September...2010! :eek:

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Thing is he was actually quite good today. He actually looked quick for once.

Must be because he has became blond again.

MUFCgal

That bad patch started in September...2010! :eek:
Rooney was the same, he had a bad patch for months but eventually came good towards the end of the season.

A good player like Torres doesn't stay shite forever. To say it's an embarrassment that he scored against us is a bit OTT.

I said to my Dad before the match that I wouldn't be surprised if Torres scored today. Just thank god it didn't make a difference in the end.

RedLars

I've seen worse.

That is hands down, the best miss in the history of time. The player deserves a lot of credit for being able to prevent a goal there, even if he was trying!

Torres' miss was almost as funny though, but I was too shell shocked to enjoy it. Was sure the game was on again, and even the miss couldn't shake that feeling for me.

BaldwinLegend

Harsh tbh. 999 times out of 1000 he'd score. it was a freak miss.
I don't reckon it was - you can see he's full of confidence as he rounds the keeper and then he suddenly looks under pressure when he looks and sees the empty net glaring at him, as if he knows he's going to miss. And then does.

I think he's got the footballer's equivalent of the yips in golf - and that miss is going to stay in his head a long time and make things even worse. Incredible.

Varun

Staff
I don't reckon it was - you can see he's full of confidence as he rounds the keeper and then he suddenly looks under pressure when he looks and sees the empty net glaring at him, as if he knows he's going to miss. And then does.

I think he's got the footballer's equivalent of the yips in golf - and that miss is going to stay in his head a long time and make things even worse. Incredible.
Dont agree with that. an open goal is not something that'd pressure me let alone fernando torres.

imo, he took it too casually and didnt really wrap his foot around it. as a result, it went a bit wide.

embarrassing yes, but hardly something to do with him being far too daunted by the sight of the goal.

i do agree with the last bit though, he was looking like coming back to his old self till then. that miss might just set him 5 steps back after 2 ahead.

Kelvin

he look gutted and shell-shocked by it too, seem almost like want to cry..

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Rooney was the same, he had a bad patch for months but eventually came good towards the end of the season.

A good player like Torres doesn't stay shite forever. To say it's an embarrassment that he scored against us is a bit OTT.

I said to my Dad before the match that I wouldn't be surprised if Torres scored today. Just thank god it didn't make a difference in the end.
Rooney doesn't suffer frequent debilitating injuries. If he did he would be in the same boat as Torres. I agree Torres can come good as he is a class footballer when on form, but he rarely is on form.

If pushed I would say I miss Torres. But not as much as Torres misses himself. :D :p

Looks like he's going to back scoring lots of goals very soon, some of his runs were brilliant today