That Torres Miss

Hectic

Supports
30fps
We were just behind the goal, I'm sure I'll be in one of the goals! Torres miss was exceptional. Everyone. Absolutely everyone had their head in hands and had accepted the goal, when he missed there was a two second pause, and then a giant roar of laughter, followed by thousands of people pointing their finger at him shouting 'you scouse bastard' which he got many times through the game. It was a great moment.

The best was the 'Are you Arsenal in disguise' chant at 3-0 that went up.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
The guy in the centre of that pic is just awesome. He's nailed the whole 'point and laugh' gesture to the tee. Head falling backwards, evil laughter on face, this guys done this before a thousand times.

The two youngsters below him still have a lot of work to do get up to that level and I guess these things come with time. You can see that there's a clear lack of technique in both cases. The one of the left has a decent point of the finger but he's not really laughing. He's giggling or smirking. Or something. And that's just not on. Now on the chap on the right. He's just an absolute mess. He looks as if he's giving Torres a lecture. Get yourself sorted young man.

bsc

The Stretty gave him dog's abuse yesterday. I almost felt sorry for him, until he gave it the big'un when he scored.

Twat.

SittingBull

That's great and all, but what is Sergio Canales u
At United, we strive for perfection, and if we fai
The miss aside, i thought he was back to his best, with the deceptive runs and body feints. I wouldn't count against him finishing with at least 30 goals for Chelsea this season.

ps: Man.... would love to see him in our lineup. He would be the perfect partner for Rooney.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
The strange thing is that no matter how many times I watch it, it still seems impossible that he'll miss. It's like the brain can't comprehend it, even if it knows what's coming.
Football can be so cruel, a split second of inattention or loss of focus and millions of people laugh at you.

204Red

The miss aside, i thought he was back to his best, with the deceptive runs and body feints. I wouldn't count against him finishing with at least 30 goals for Chelsea this season.

ps: Man.... would love to see him in our lineup. He would be the perfect partner for Rooney.
Agreed.

Objectively the 2nd half of that game was the best Torres has played going back a season and a half. He tore us apart at times.

The smartest thing AVB could do now is make sure he lets Torres know he is the man to lead his attack.

Goals will come for Fernando... he is finally starting to some some fire in his belly... when do Chelsea play Liverpool?

at the same time, poor Frank Lampard should be put out to pasture... he simply can't do it against the best sides. Both he and Meireles looked hopelessly off the pace.

Waltraute

She-Devil
Football can be so cruel, a split second of inattention or loss of focus and millions of people laugh at you.
Absolutely.

The objective part of me feels sorry for Torres (like e.g feeling sorry for Bolt at the 100m - an athlete making a one-in-a-million feckup), the subjective, United-supporting and generally childish part of me says 'That's divine justice for thinking about giving it large before it's even in the net, you horrible bastard!'

JazzG

Resident Arse.
If he had scored everyone would pull out the Torres does well against Man utd instead he has become a laughing stock, the life of a footballer!

In all fairness we can see he's regaining his true ability, slowly but surely.

:lol: But that miss was scandalous! He did the hard part expertly, but I still don't know how he couldn't finish it. Strange game.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
In all fairness we can see he's regaining his true ability, slowly but surely.

:lol: But that miss was scandalous! He did the hard part expertly, but I still don't know how he couldn't finish it. Strange game.
He either misjudged where he was and thought "I'm gonna bury this one" or he mis-kicked it completely.

I'm going to say it was a bit of both, which makes about as much sense as that miss.

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
Not to sure if this was said already but...

So there i was, Row F, behind the goal at Old Trafford watching Torres go round De Gea wondering if he would score. And then it hit me!

noodlehair

"It's like..."
This was fecking hilarious. Especially since he was giving it large to the Stretty after he scored earlier on.

He was far too fired up in the second half. Waving his arms around, kicking people. Nearly got himself into a red card rage at one point just because Smalling leaned on his back.

I reckon that's why he missed. Rush of blood on top of already being overly fired up. He was probably already thinking about goading the crowd again or getting the third before he'd even put the ball in the net, which it turns out he didn't.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
:lol:

That would have been perfect if he had pressed square at the last moment half way till the bar filled up instead of X.

Boss

Melodramatic, attention seeking space-attacker
I left you with enough memories to resurrect me wi
Moments players would rather forget - Premier League News | FOX Sports on MSN

In 2008, Cristiano Ronaldo, the self proclaimed world's most handsome, well paid and best player had his own horror moment in front of the Stretford End…and this came during his 42-goal rampage! Playing against Sunderland he had the luxury of watching Ryan Giggs skin the entire Black Cats defense before rolling the ball along the six-yard box to his trusty right foot. With the goal gaping, the ball somehow found itself out of Old Trafford and into the center of Salford where it’s still rolling down the High Street.
I honestly can't remember this. Wasn't he suspended?

Zen

Xander45

Know-It-All Champion May 2009
In 2008, Cristiano Ronaldo, the self proclaimed world's most handsome, well paid and best player had his own horror moment in front of the Stretford End…and this came during his 42-goal rampage! Playing against Sunderland he had the luxury of watching Ryan Giggs skin the entire Black Cats defense before rolling the ball along the six-yard box to his trusty right foot. With the goal gaping, the ball somehow found itself out of Old Trafford and into the center of Salford where it’s still rolling down the High Street.

Ok so first it was 2006, second it was against Sheffield United, third Giggs doesn't move so he didn't skin an entire defence and fourth it wasn't even at Old Trafford!

Amir

Villa must be the worst of them. Mind you, there are so many shocking misses that are considered 'the worst possible'. Just goes to show you can't trust your feet even when you're world class!