That Torres Miss

M160RA

I thought Ramires' was bad, but this was fecking hilarious.

Tribec

It almost looks lke he's lost his geography and thinks all he has to do is shoot straight, not realising he's actually wide of the net. However, it may be a different sport, but I am debating which is the worse miss...

Coca Cola

One balled wonder
I just don't understand it. I'm genuinely confused that he somehow managed to miss that chance. It shouldn't be possible.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
It almost looks lke he's lost his geography and thinks all he has to do is shoot straight, not realising he's actually wide of the net. However, it may be a different sport, but I am debating which is the worse miss...
:lol:

I'd say definitely the NHL one, though it's close. What makes it worse is that the other team went straight to the other end to score :lol: (was that the winner they scored, btw?)

Though I loved every minute of it, I still have a wee little sympathy for Torres. Its difficult to see any top player go through such a shit spell.

Boss

Melodramatic, attention seeking space-attacker
I left you with enough memories to resurrect me wi
I still can't get my head 'round it. He's not terribly off balace, why does he kick it like that? Is he too tired to aim at the gaping goal?

It's all just strange. I've seen true some misses in my life but this is inexplicable.

It's like he's about to score, and then something in his head says 'No! don't do it!'

Tribec

:lol:

I'd say definitely the NHL one, though it's close. What makes it worse is that the other team went straight to the other end to score :lol: (was that the winner they scored, btw?)

Though I loved every minute of it, I still have a wee little sympathy for Torres. Its difficult to see any top player go through such a shit spell.
To answer the question, no it tied the game with 2 seconds to go. The game went to overtime and then penalties and I think Edmonton won if I remember so it did cost them the game....

mattsville

It was unbelieveable, but it was brilliant, like scoring a goal. When he went around De Gea you were thinking, right shit it's 3-2 what happens from here, then he missed, and you realised you have just won the game in that moment.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Colin Montgomery with his arms folded, on the far right. :D

Neutral

BTV

Why do they all turn to Islam, when things aren't going great? :sulk:

I want someone at the top of their game converting...not people in the US penal system or failed footballers.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I thought he was offside at first and only took a careless shot after the whistle has already blown. It felt weird when I actually realised that he was onside and it would have counted.

lysglimt

Scout
I ALMOST feel a bit sorry for him - he had an outstanding match and then that happens :)

anything about now

MUFC lad living in a matriel world
The worst miss in Chelsea's eight year history.
Heh..... i'm sure Chelsea fans would rather see that happen ten times and have Terry slot home the penalty. Torres' miss was pretty shocking, but i doubt it induced tears.

Zen

Terry not scoring the penalty is kind of expected with him being a defender....Torres scoring an open goal is well yeah...

the effect they have on their fans and what it matters in the grand scheme of things is irrelevant.

Shimo

Annoyed me on the telecast I was watching how the commentators just kept saying how sorry they felt for him and no footballer should have to go through that. They can just feck right off .... it was brilliant to see and I love watching it over and over again.

Aporkalypse

I KNEW I recognised that bloke in the middle....

Image without watermark here... any mileage in a Photoshop thread?

Devilton

I laughed, but there was a second I actually felt sorry for him.

Then I realized who he's played for...and resumed my laughter again. :lol::lol::lol: