The “Ole In” Brigade

fergiesarmy1

And Fergie was one of the best young managers in Europe, a CWC winner with Aberdeen and the last man to win the scottish league while not managing a member of the Old Firm.
For the love of god the argument was about owners and chairman take the easy option and I gave an example of a chairman we all know that said exactly the same not that Ole is another Fergie, some of you guys are unbearable at times yet call me a prick every day on here :rolleyes:

Enigma_87

You know who
Certainly better than the glazers, investing in the squad, not taking money out every year for interest payments and dividends, investing in the stadium, looking to invest further into it also.

Think we may be repainting this year.

Are you actually defending the glazers?
Again you didn't answer my question - how are they bad when they were terrible under Dalglish, yet good under Klopp?

Same owners, different manager.

Everyone pays out dividends and interests.

The problem with the Glazers isn't the business side of how the club is run, but them having zero clue about the sport.

And no, but supporting Ole and his 'plan'- you certainly are.

fergiesarmy1

Again you didn't answer my question - how are they bad when they were terrible under Dalglish, yet good under Klopp?

Same owners, different manager.

Everyone pays out dividends and interests.

The problem with the Glazers isn't the business side of how the club is run, but them having zero clue about the sport.

And no, but supporting Ole and his 'plan'- you certainly are.
Suggest you read up a bit on what the glazers are doing mate.

LJJT

The difference in your example is that both Liverpool and City had world class managers at the time prior and after those players. We have a shite one.

On the contrary not recruitment but managing and coaching those players into a cohesive unit is the most important factor for any team. Just buying good players doesn't cut it.

Again what makes you think that those good players that would improve us will choose the inept manager apart from money, compared to going to say Spurs or Chelsea?

No one in his right mind will come here under him, unless he's driven by money and we overpay in both wages and fees.
Well we shall just agree to disagree I’m not staying up all night debating with you. Maguire came, he’s not driven by money or a mercenary and he’s improved us and one of our best players. More signings like that will improve us. Goodnight

Lentwood

I don't know what you think popularism is but this is more inventionism nonsense.

He didn't "let Lukaku leave" for example. Lukaku was angling for a move the entire summer and has claimed he basically wanted to leave the entire time he was here. He was also hated and constantly slagged off on here and one of THE main reasons people on here were so against Mourinho was literally for playing Lukaku. Now you are actually trying to turn that around completely again and use it as a stick to beat the next manager with. Another problem with this argument is that Rashford has significantly more goals this season than Lukaku did this time last year. Martial has 10 despite being injured for over 2 months. Greenwood has 8. It's not the forwards that are struggling to get goals.

Again, you would not have found a single person on here saying "selling Fellaini is a diabolical decision" until it became an argument to suit an agenda. He was worse than useless as a midfielder. If he was still here and getting picked you'd want Ole sacked for playing him.

Matic has been injured and actually played quite a lot when he's been fit, and again, Jose and even Ole get slagged off FOR playing him. He has hardly been alienated. McTominay has been prefered to him in some games due to performing better. You can't really claim we haven't replaced a player when a) they are still at the club and b) they have LITERALLY been replaced by someone in the first team.

He hasn't "gone to Jones" when Maguire needed a rest either. He picked Jones because he was one of only two fit centrebacks available for the game. The only other time he's played Jones in the last few months, it was in the same team as Maguire.

It's impossible to take whatever point you try to make seriously when literally everything you say is a deliberate lie.

If you're going to criticise at least base it on actual reality rather than made up childish nonsense.
Same as always mate, the same posters come on here whining every time we lose but they’ve no actually real-world suggestions for how to improve anything.

Other than “sack the manager” which we’ve done three times since 2014

Rafaeldagold

Same as always mate, the same posters come on here whining every time we lose but they’ve no actually real-world suggestions for how to improve anything.

Wow he’s great logic. We sacked a manager before & they didn’t work so let’s keep a shite one for life! Long live Ole.
Seriously how fcking stupid. Can’t wait til the Ole in lot also piss off along with Ole

Alabaster Codify7

The opposite in fact, sacking him gives the board and owners another 6-12 months to say we have a new plan without everyone going mad at them.

The fans sticking with the manager and turning on the board and owners will be the only way change for the good will happen.
One way to change this mess is to remove this complete Clown shoes manager and the rest of his ludicrous team of NOBODIES.

We'll still have a terrible squad but better coaching will make them less terrible at the very least.

We have the worst of both worlds now but some are reluctant to even one illness out of blind Topred faith

How do you side with the manager but not with the board when the manager is in full support of the board and will do whatever they say to him because there is no hope in hell he will land a top job anywhere else?

Are you for real? People were mad at the board ever since they appointed Moyes? They aren't getting a free pass, yet you are giving Ole - who is their puppet - one?
He's a sockpuppet.
A hired patsy. Personally I don't even think he knows this, I think he genuinely believes in this weird process (that only our club,one of the biggest ever) has to go through to find mildly better times. He is incapable of anything above moderate success at best. Moderate success. IE....a cup team and top 5.

I don't believe he's even capable of that. He's inept.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics

Chose the strategy most likely to win games, get in a manager who can coach it, a DOF and a budget to buy the players to play it, a youth team coach that can adopt it.

In other words do what City did.

Lentwood

Chose the strategy most likely to win games, get in a manager who can coach it, a DOF and a budget to buy the players to play it, a youth team coach that can adopt it.

In other words do what City did.
Well I agree with that. I’ve agreed with that in just about every post I’ve made on this forum since I joined in 2015

Constantly changing the manager without all of the other stuff though is, in my opinion, actually worse than changing nothing because you end up with an absolute mess. I said that under LvG and Jose also.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Wow he’s great logic. We sacked a manager before & they didn’t work so let’s keep a shite one for life! Long live Ole.
Seriously how fcking stupid. Can’t wait til the Ole in lot also piss off along with Ole
:lol: I get the point, but why are you so angry. Also I think you'll find most United supporters loves Ole, that is why they love him because they are United-supporters. I don't think they will leave as fans of the club just because you want to sack the current manager.

noodlehair

"It's like..."

Thing is I think there are fair criticisms. I have no idea why Lingard would still be in the team...I don't dislike him but how long can you justify picking someone ahead of other players when they are offering so little? I think generally Ole doesn't do enough to establish standards in terms of being in the first team picture.

I don't understand why we'd press a team like City in their half, and do a piss poor job of it, with a weakened line up. We should have sat off more I think, or at least learn how to press as a unit before we try and do it against the most dangerous team in the country to get it wrong against.

Generally if you want to take even a really pessimistic view, the reasons to argue why are there...as they generally will be when we're not performing as well as people want...but we just get this made up crap all the time. After every game.

I mean it's like seeking career advice from someone and they tell you a bunch of stuff about yourself that you know isn't even true, and then use it to justify why they think you should quit your job...they might as well be dressed as a giant penis and have the words "don't listen to me" tattooed on their head and they'd have no less credibility at that point. We all watch the games, so there's no point making up bullshit to justify an argument...yet people do.

Rafaeldagold

:lol: I get the point, but why are you so angry. Also I think you'll find most United supporters loves Ole, that is why they love him because they are United-supporters. I don't think they will leave as fans of the club just because you want to sack the current manager.
Love Ole the player.
Hate Ole the manager.
The 2 aren’t mutually exclusive

Anyone who can’t see that both things can be true & definitely are true is stupid

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Love Ole the player.
Hate Ole the manager.
The 2 aren’t mutually exclusive

Anyone who can’t see that both things can be true & definitely are true is stupid
Yeah, of course. A lot of things are stupid, but not always relevant. For most people it is no problem to distinguish between judging a manager then judging the player. I find it harder to understand people who are distasteful or even abuse the manager and those with different opinions because they themselves can't distinguish between a respectable nice guy and a villain manager they have been trained to hate. We're not in this mess due to Ole, yet the anger towards him from some goes way beyond any regular critique of his management. It is like some people are looking for reasons to blame it all on one guy, when we know that 1. That isn't true. 2. It doesn't help.

I agree that Ole can't stay a boss forever if things continue, everyone agrees. We're still in a rebuild after SAF's winning team. We haven't done the rebuild properly and are struggling. The aim is to do that now. If we go up or down from here is totally dependant on the continuity and quality. It could go up, even with Ole and it might go another way.

In my eyes, we can actually afford to let Ole fail with a good squad. We can always change manager. What we can't afford is more useless managing of transfer, and Ed is in charge of it because he wont give up the power. If Ed fails again, hiring another manager is only temporary because at that point it is clear we're on a downward trajectory.

I mean we aren't on a good trajectory right now because of Ed in the first place, I know that. So I really don't trust him to do it right. But, for me this is the one last chance, and him giving his word he'll back Ole's plan. If I trust them both, and they both deliver, then even with Ole in charge it means a good job will be done for the longterm development and rebuild of the team. Something I'd be happy with, because as I said. It is easier to replace a manager when he is not taking over a big mess.

So for me it is frustrating people actually think the manager even matter much for our concerns. Short term for fixing this mess, I can live with Ole even if he doesn't get us to the top. If our transfer plans and everything is a hoax (which it sometimes seems to be) then Ed has to go for me. That's the bottom line.

lawliet354

For the love of god the argument was about owners and chairman take the easy option and I gave an example of a chairman we all know that said exactly the same not that Ole is another Fergie, some of you guys are unbearable at times yet call me a prick every day on here :rolleyes:
Well you are unbearable all the time

Last edited:

Tel074

To all the clowns on here slagging Ole . We could have Pep and we would still be shit because our club is run by complete idiot's . We have spent close to a billion in 7/8 years yet we have a top 10 squad .

Jones Lindalof Young Rojo Pereira Lingard Matic Mata all players simply not good enough to play for our club .

We could have any manager and they would struggle . Tell me any manager who could make any of the above mentioned better. We probably won't sign anyone in January and if we don't I can say now we are truly fecked !

I will go as far to say if we don't sign any players in this January window I for the 1st time in 20 years will not renew my season ticket because it shows me how little the owners actually care about our great club .

feck the Glazers they are total parasites

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Well he could come out and say he’s got a £200m kitty for January, that would not be a good idea for obvious reasons.
A good idea would be buying some players, let’s see if it happens.

Foxbatt

To all the clowns on here slagging Ole . We could have Pep and we would still be shit because our club is run by complete idiot's . We have spent close to a billion in 7/8 years yet we have a top 10 squad .

Jones Lindalof Young Rojo Pereira Lingard Matic Mata all players simply not good enough to play for our club .

We could have any manager and they would struggle . Tell me any manager who could make any of the above mentioned better. We probably won't sign anyone in January and if we don't I can say now we are truly fecked !

I will go as far to say if we don't sign any players in this January window I for the 1st time in 20 years will not renew my season ticket because it shows me how little the owners actually care about our great club .

You are bigger clown because it was Ole himself who kept these players. He also got rid of Fellaini and Smalling and accepting that what he has is good enough. These players are not as bad as you make them out to be. They are all International players. Get them a decent manager and they will play a lot better. Even a blind ,man can see that City did not have an CFs. Yet Ole could not see that and push one of our CBs into that space. Jones and Lindelof did not have anyone to even mark and floundered because the manager did not change the tactics. You give this team to Pep and he may not win anything but for sure he will get us to play a lot better football.

justboy68

It seems like a foreign idea to some people that a good manager should be able to make players look better.

It's easy to be a complete shambles and have everybody playing shit and then just say "Well look how shit these players are what could I do about it??". Absolutely anyone could do that. Before you know it the likes of Maguire and AWB whose performances have been gradually deteriorating the longer they are here will join the list and it will be the same message again, "Did you see that lineup? What do you expect" etc etc.

Lest we forget what Fergie could achieve with a reserve squad against Arsenal in the FA Cup. Or Klopp making 9 changes and still playing a full-strength Everton off the park. Of course those are two of the very top managers, but we should at least maintain a standard where we expect our coach to meaningfully improve players and get the most out of them. It's absolutely shameful how far and how fast we have fallen.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Our idea of rebuild is buy an egg, hatch it, wait for it to become chick, and raise it, before we cut it and cook a fried chicken out of it.

Meanwhile other team just buy a chicken and actually just fecking fry it.

In 3 years the rebuild would failed because awb turns to be a worse version of valencia, Maguire is a fraud, and james has been found out as championship player. Keep this midtable things going on for another 1 year martial would demand a move, pogba would move, sancho wont come, maybe longstaff would.

Then he'll leave the squad with exactly the same situation he found them, full of deadwoods.

Foxbatt

I really can't understand how he can be smiling after the game or how naive he was during the game before City scored. This is not even championship quality coaching. This is worse than that. The players will get demoralised. Players expect managers to come up with ideas and tactics to beat the other teams. If the managers can't then they know he has no idea how to do it and would get into accepting losing mentality.

And the hard option for Liverpool was to continue with Hogdson.

The hard option for United was to continue with Moyes.

The hard option for Chelsea was to continue with Di Matteo.

Continuing with crap managers who have given you absolutely no reason in their past or your current situation to believe that they can turn it around and go from utter crap to brilliant isn't just "not taking the easy route", it's down right stupidity.

Roboc7

It’s hilarious how many people think the manager can’t make a difference or no one could do better. We have a manager that literally wouldn’t get a job in the Championship and who was holding back Molde. It’s really not difficult to find someone who could do better and it’s also not a surprise we look worse than ever post SAF with a manager who is considerably worse than Moyes, LVG or Jose.

OhGee

Errr...fair enough the players may not be good enough - and remember was it not Ole telling everyone he is happy with his squad and will only sign players who will improve his squad?

in any case surely our players and squad are much better than the likes of Newcastle, CP, West Ham, Bournemouth....Ole picks the team and lays out the game plan for the players to execute. If it is not working he needs to adopt/adapt and change as soon as he realizes it’s not working. He is not decisive in adapting his game plan to suit the opposition and consistently sticks with the same formation and players that have churned out the same inconsistent results over the past 9 months. How he is still manager of this beautiful club is an enigma to me

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Note sure how this one got promoted.

Tell me any manager who would make these players better :lol: I think we've a forgotten those numerous CLs won by Ole who is clearly the very best in the business.

Enigma_87

You know who
Well we shall just agree to disagree I’m not staying up all night debating with you. Maguire came, he’s not driven by money or a mercenary and he’s improved us and one of our best players. More signings like that will improve us. Goodnight
We overpaid both in fee and salary. If City matched our bid he most probably won't be here.

It's also very early to say if he is a successful buy or not. Matic improved us when he came here.

MoskvaRed

Note sure how this one got promoted.

Tell me any manager who would make these players better :lol: I think we've a forgotten those numerous CLs won by Ole who is clearly the very best in the business.
If managers are essentially without influence on performances and results and entirely reliant on players, then presumably the Ole apologists on here believe that, if you swapped him with Klopp, he would be leading the current Liverpool squad to the title with 100 points? Or does the reasoning only flow one way?

Flexdegea

You do realise he has decided to gut the squad that finished 2nd and go with this squad?

Kin ell people, you don't back a manager because his squad is shit when he is responsible for it being shit and light.

He gutted the squad of players that needed gutted. Players with bad attitude and players not good enough. In the next 3 windows you see another 10 potentially gutted I've no doubt about it.

Its essential. We are in the middle of a rebuild. The only players worth talking about are the youth, the players he bought, and some established players who are already at the club like rashford, martial, de gea and cant believe I'm saying this Fred. Honestly I'm struggling to think of players here who I would keep.

I know some of the sh#te got new contracts but that's purely Woodward trying to protect the club with some resale value.

At this moment imo Ole the least of our worries. He needs another 3 windows to gut and improve this squad. If we change manager again it be same issues, another manager with different idea, and a chairman who uses youtube to buy players :houllier:

Judas

Open to offers
I've said so many times on here, but I'm all for giving a manager time, we have to do that, and we've actually done it with Jose, LVG, but Ole doesn't deserve it, he's way out of his depth, and giving him years is suicidal. He's the perfect stop gap to get rid of some of the deadwood, that was this season, he's got to go in the summer if the club wants to move forward, or we're in so much trouble.

Kostur

海尔的老板

Hehe.

Eddy_JukeZ

I've said so many times on here, but I'm all for giving a manager time, we have to do that, and we've actually done it with Jose, LVG, but Ole doesn't deserve it, he's way out of his depth, and giving him years is suicidal. He's the perfect stop gap to get rid of some of the deadwood, that was this season, he's got to go in the summer if the club wants to move forward, or we're in so much trouble.
I wouldn't be surprised if he's still here next season.

fergiesarmy1

And the hard option for Liverpool was to continue with Hogdson.

The hard option for United was to continue with Moyes.

The hard option for Chelsea was to continue with Di Matteo.

Continuing with crap managers who have given you absolutely no reason in their past or your current situation to believe that they can turn it around and go from utter crap to brilliant isn't just "not taking the easy route", it's down right stupidity.
Again missing the point of the argument.

fergiesarmy1

You are completely missing the point...

What the Glazers are doing is appointing a puppet that other puppets will follow and won't say a word.
Yet you want them to sack him and we end up with god knows who and the glazers get more time to milk us.

zenith

No point firing him now. We still have a shot at top 4 and the europa and we are in the middle of a transfer window, presumably looking to bring players in.

Firing him now will disrupt a lot more than it will correct. By the looks of it, poch will remain available till the summer and perhaps the club can take a call, based on where we are in April.

jimmyb2000

You forgot to add Shaw and Bailly to that list.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United

under whose watch Mata and Jones were given contracts?