The “Ole In” Brigade

Ok, I’m still Ole in.
He, as would any other manager, wanted more/better players. Woodward didn’t give him them.
Who else could he have picked tonight? Injuries and a paper thin squad - our injury record over the years has been shocking. That needs to be addressed.

Why the feck did he absolutely rip up the squad then and leave himself having to play Lingard and Andreas in midfield.

How the feck is that not dogshit management @soapythecat?? My God man, think long term yes, but in sport you ALWAYS have to take care of the short term too. Ole didn't, he was on a popularism wave getting rid of disliked players and only bringing in players if they "are true United players".

Make no mistake, Ole has ripped this squad that finished 2nd to pieces and we're dogshit. But hey, give him a shitload of money and new players, he can be trusted. He got rid of them players I didn't like, he's great.
I hated Fellaini in a United shirt, but I'm not stupid enough to think he's not 100 times the player Andreas and Lingard are.

Why the feck did he absolutely rip up the squad then and leave himself having to play Lingard and Andreas in midfield.

How the feck is that not dogshit management @soapythecat?? My God man, think long term yes, but in sport you ALWAYS have to take care of the short term too. Ole didn't, he was on a popularism wave getting rid of disliked players and only bringing in players if they "are true United players".

Make no mistake, Ole has ripped this squad that finished 2nd to pieces and we're dogshit. But hey, give him a shitload of money and new players, he can be trusted. He got rid of them players I didn't like, he's great.
I hated Fellaini in a United shirt, but I'm not stupid enough to think he's not 100 times the player Andreas and Lingard are.
I hear you, and I kind of agree but I’m sure he was promised more then he got.
Fellaini was sold before the summer - probably with reassurances that he’d be replaced.
Lukaku because he wanted out. I doubt much Ole could have done to keep him.
Sanchez - I think we were all glad he went. James has done more then him since arriving.
Having Pogba and Martial our for long periods highlighted the weak squad but that’s on the board.
I do feel he’s massively over estimated how good our youth are/what they can do in the league though.

I hear you, and I kind of agree but I’m sure he was promised more then he got.
Fellaini was sold before the summer - probably with reassurances that he’d be replaced.
Lukaku because he wanted out. I doubt much Ole could have done to keep him.
Sanchez - I think we were all glad he went. James has done more then him since arriving.
Having Pogba and Martial our for long periods highlighted the weak squad but that’s on the board.
I do feel he’s massively over estimated how good our youth are/what they can do in the league though.

ahhh... so everyone else's fault but him.

Bollocks. Have some balls, say "no" to Lukaku like SAF did to RVN or Ronaldo, not until someone else is in the door. Don't sell Smalling if Jones is your next bet.

And if you're a top manager, find an easy signing from the Championship or France, or Belgium, or Denmark that's better at CM than Andreas.

Well managed second half to get use back into the game. Shame we look like we're going out. We looked good second half!

What 2nd half did you watch? How many chances did we create in that half? All we did was pushing further up and allow further space to be exploited by City. Thankfully Sterling was utter shit so the scoreline didn't become embarrassing.

Anybody bashing Ole - please tell me you really think we'd lose today with Pogba, McTominay, Maguire, Martial starting? It's not Ole's fault his options are fecking Jones and Lingard, this squad has been run to the ground be the men above him. Sure, he's not an elite manager, but our squad is a complete joke atm ZERO depth

Well managed second half to get use back into the game. Shame we look like we're going out. We looked good second half!
Now comes the question; shouldn't Man Utd manager start the game with right lineup and right formation?
Common excuse for shit is "Ole doesn't have other options". Did you all from his brigade now saw how one simple change( Matic on dmc in 433 instead Lingard on no10 in 4231) can change the squad's shape?
That is manager's job.

What do you expect when there's another loss, a round of applause ? :lol:

What was available to Ole tonight was always going to struggle. The only confusing thing about Ole is why he constantly picks Lingard. Hopefully that's the last we see of him for while.

Of course we beat them in the second half. We showed them how to play football. Pep Guardiola was schooled in tactics by Ole. Pep had no clue how to overcome our brilliant tactics in the second half.

Anybody bashing Ole - please tell me you really think we'd lose today with Pogba, McTominay, Maguire, Martial starting? It's not Ole's fault his options are fecking Jones and Lingard

Erm, yes it is @red_de_pologne

He sold Fellaini, didn't replace Herrera, alienated Matic, sold Lukaku, got rid of Smalling.

Don't give me this bullshit that the state of the squad aint he fault when it quite fecking clearly is.

What was available to Ole tonight was always going to struggle. The only confusing thing about Ole is why he constantly picks Lingard. Hopefully that's the last we see of him for while.

Picking Andreas alongside Fred again after Sheff United and Aston Villa wasn't confusing at all, especially with Matic on the bench :lol:

awful awful manager.

Erm, yes it is @red_de_pologne

He sold Fellaini, didn't replace Herrera, alienated Matic, sold Lukaku, got rid of Smalling.

Don't give me this bullshit that the state of the squad aint he fault when it quite fecking clearly is.

Takes time to flush the bad players and build a new team. He needs patience he’ll never get, but feck it, this toxic fanbase deserves this failure for acting like this every time. Reap what you sow.

Anybody bashing Ole - please tell me you really think we'd lose today with Pogba, McTominay, Maguire, Martial starting? It's not Ole's fault his options are fecking Jones and Lingard, this squad has been run to the ground be the men above him. Sure, he's not an elite manager, but our squad is a complete joke atm ZERO depth
Whilst I agree, the window is open right this second, and Ole when speaking about transfers hasn’t exactly been bullish.
I’ve backed him all the way, but if he and his team can’t identify players to improve this rabble this month, then he needs replacing with somebody who can.

The ole out kids are back in force.

Yeah we're all just spoiled kids who had it too good, the club and fans don't deserve anything but suffering and SAF's record after record broken for the wrong reasons. Feck CL football or winning any trophies for another decade, we have Ole at the wheel who'll steer us to a comfortable 7th place season in, season out while our rivals clean up. Stupid spoiled kids their fans are too.

You didn’t ask a question genius, but to hint at the ridiculousness of your original comment; the people wanting him out never went anywhere so the idea that they’re “back” makes no sense.

There's obviously going to be some inconsistency with the current squad, but the Ole out brigade disappear when we win. It's not a shock that we have nights like tonight, but as I said, who do you think can give us more consistency?

Is this a WUM? It's a stretch to say we were good. We were average and City stopped playing.

Genuinely think that people have forgot what playing good looks like. We had a good 10 minute spell against City in previous game, defended the other 80 and apparently dominated the game.

I don’t see it going anywhere under Ole. The football we’re playing is horrible, it’s nothing like the “United way”. If people are happy watching this for a few years then fair enough. It won’t get us anything other than possible top four finishes.

Zero point being Ole in. Zero point being Ole out.

If the last 6 years has taught us anything, it's that the rot lies far far deeper.

Make no bones about it, ours is the toughest job in world football right now. We need total refurbishment in every single aspect. From players, to management. From owners, to even the fecking stadium.

Right now, you would be mad to join us. Player, manager, coach... anyone. Unless you're jumping up from a far inferior club or coming to the end of your playing career, you would be insane to come here.

It's this for me that truly confirms our demise. I remember looking at players going to Pool under Hodgson and thinking why the feck would they choose that option. That's us.

Hate to be depressing and over the top, but you're plucking at strings which simply don't exist to suggest otherwise.

Worst thing is, I think we've got a way to fall yet.

Takes time to flush the bad players and build a new team. He needs patience he’ll never get, but feck it, this toxic fanbase deserves this failure for acting like this every time. Reap what you sow.
Yup. A fanbase that tolerates such an inept manager day after day deserves this shitshow to be served week in and week out.

What 2nd half did you watch? How many chances did we create in that half? All we did was pushing further up and allow further space to be exploited by City. Thankfully Sterling was utter shit so the scoreline didn't become embarrassing.

Errrrm, you do know we won the second half? Seriously man, which game did you watch?

Is this a WUM? It's a stretch to say we were good. We were average and City stopped playing.

See above.

Posted this in the match day thread:

It pisses me off. I was listening to the UWS podcast recently (great podcast) and unbelievably someone said OGS was doing a great job! :eek: I think it was before the Watford game (that went well). I just don’t understand it. Do these people not care about the club? People keep pointing to games like Spurs and City (one-off games and short-term evidence) as proof that he is the man for the job long-term. Where is the logic in that?!

Also annoys me hearing weekly match goers talk as if their opinions carry more weight than others. Sure it would be more evident if they turn but I watch every game and go over to a few games a season so I don’t see what’s wrong with my opinion. I’ve seen enough to know he is not the man long-term.

Also his defenders biggest argument seems to be that he doesn’t have the players. I’m guessing they missed all the games this season that we lost to teams in the lower half this season then. I don’t know what the excuse is there because surely we have better players than Watford, Crystal Palace, etc.

We seem to say that every single time, it's always the players who happens to all be toxic or deadwoods and when a dozen of players have been sold and numerically replaced, we are back at square one they become deadwood too.

There's obviously going to be some inconsistency with the current squad, but the Ole out brigade disappear when we win. It's not a shock that we have nights like tonight, but as I said, who do you think can give us more consistency?

The “brigade” (vomit) absolutely do not disappear when we win. There are an absolute litany of posts after wins with people saying he’s still not the man so you’re just lying.

I mean, if you're one of the 'I don't think a new manager will fix shit' indifferent type of guys I sort of get it. But Christ, if anybody is truly 'Ole in' at this point you guys need a group therapy.