The Active Shooter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
America really needs help, serious help.

Gun rampages in hospitals and places of education... so sad. These are the places filled with vulnerable and/or young people.

They really need help there.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
America really needs help, serious help.

Gun rampages in hospitals and places of education... so sad. These are the places filled with vulnerable and/or young people.

They really need help there.

God helps those who help themselves, even though everybody likes to send thoughts and prayers following shootings.

Rhyme Animal

It's just so sad. I grew up (in U.K) in the 80s and early 90s and always looked to America as the place of the 'American Dream', and although that was a little naive, there was this real element of this was a place you could go to fulfill your greatest dreams.

Of course there's still a lot of great people in America. But that narrative has just been run through the mud (the American Dream), and it's now literally just becoming synonymous with awful news stories, and basically a sense of a crumbling empire.

I hope they turn it around. Especially as Russia's presence seems to be rising as America's is appearing to fall into the realms of parody.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
It's just so sad. I grew up (in U.K) in the 80s and early 90s and always looked to America as the place of the 'American Dream', and although that was a little naive, there was this real element of this was a place you could go to fulfill your greatest dreams.

Of course there's still a lot of great people in America. But that narrative has just been run through the mud (the American Dream), and it's now literally just becoming synonymous with awful news stories, and basically a sense of a crumbling empire.

I hope they turn it around. Especially as Russia's presence seems to be rising as America's is appearing to fall into the realms of parody.
Like you said, its a 'dream'. The reality of America has always been what it is now. The racist and the violence has always been there. It was just covered up by the focus on materialistic gains.

Rhyme Animal

Like you said, its a 'dream'. The reality of America has always been what it is now. The racist and the violence has always been there. It was just covered up by the focus on materialistic gains.
Agree totally with your main point. America was built upon slavery afterall.

But has it always been how it is now - in relation to the rest of the World? I'm not sure.

There seems a feeling of a crumbling empire, rather than a flawed yet still peaking one.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Agree totally with your main point. America was built upon slavery afterall.

But has it always been how it is now - in relation to the rest of the World? I'm not sure.

There seems a feeling of a crumbling empire, rather than a flawed yet still peaking one.
The reality TV star who brought reality to the country and the world.

barros

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Where liberty dwells, there is my country
At least the police officer wasn't a coward and the shooter killed himself soon he engaged with the officer (they not sure if was the officer who shot him), 2 kids got shot, unfortunately the officer in Florida didn't had the balls to go inside the school because soon they engage the police they kill themselves.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
At least the police officer wasn't a coward and the shooter killed himself soon he engaged with the officer (they not sure if was the officer who shot him), 2 kids got shot, unfortunately the officer in Florida didn't had the balls to go inside the school because soon they engage the police they kill themselves.
Maryland RO is a SWAT member and the shooter had a handgun, not surprised this incident ended differently.

barros

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Where liberty dwells, there is my country
Maryland RO is a SWAT member and the shooter had a handgun, not surprised this incident ended differently.
Inside a building you have more chances to succeed with a handgun than a rifle when in movement, is hard to aim with a rifle in short distances and faster with a handgun, when I had my training in service we used Israel’s galils and the guy in front would have or a shotgun with the short barrels or a uzi for a fast response and then we could position ourselves.

Carolina Red

Staff
The girl shot in Maryland isn’t going to make it.

(CNN) — The 16-year-old girl who was shot by an armed student at Great Mills High School in Maryland will be taken off life support, her family said.
Melissa Willey, the mother of Jaelynn Willey, made the announcement at a news conference Thursday night.
https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/03/22/us/maryland-school-shooting-jaelynn-willey/index.html

And all because she apparently broke up with him...
Police said Rollins, the shooter, had a "prior relationship which recently ended" with Jaelynn and that the shooting was not a random act of violence. The handgun used in the shooting was legally owned by Rollins' father, police said.
I just can’t even wrap my mind around that.

Status
Not open for further replies.