The Active Shooter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Who was that guy after the Florida shooting who said something about how the shooter could have killed people with a butter knife if he wanted.
I'd be interested to know the statistics he's gathered about butter knife murders with a highlight of butter knife murders in schools.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Ahh here is the original. Just some twitter idiot but still funny.
That, and saying that Cain killed Abel with a rock seems to be the go-to by many 2A supporters. What they don't get - or do but aren't bothered - is that you can't kill anywhere near the number of people in a short period of time with a rock or a knife than you can do with a gun.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
That, and saying that Cain killed Abel with a rock seems to be the go-to by many 2A supporters. What they don't get - or do but aren't bothered - is that you can't kill anywhere near the number of people in a short period of time with a rock or a knife than you can do with a gun.
Frankly, I think people that stupid should just lose voting privileges.

I'd love to see their response when showed that dutch school video and asked what if the attacker had two guns?

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Frankly, I think people that stupid should just lose voting privileges.

I'd love to see their response when showed that dutch school video and asked what if the attacker had two guns?
They’d probably argue that there would’ve been a good guy with a gun somewhere who would just shoot him.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Norwegian govt. just outlawed semi-auto rifles originally constructed for full-auto action, like the Mini-Ruger 14 used at Utøya.

People who own them are given three years to either hand them in, destroy them or sell them abroad.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
:lol:
Has there ever even been any incidents of an attacker shooting at masses of people and Mr. Good Guy coming to the rescue with his handy gun?
Caleb Keeter - Country Music Star caught up in the Vegas shooting said:
“I’ve been a proponent of the 2nd amendment my entire life. Until the events of last night. I cannot express how wrong I was. We actually have members of our crew with [Concealed Handgun Licenses], and legal firearms on the bus,” Keeter wrote. “They were useless.” He continued:

We couldn’t touch them for fear police might think we were part of the massacre and shoot us. A small group (or one man) laid waste to a city with dedicated, fearless police officers desperately trying to help, because of access to an insane amount of fire power.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
We couldn’t touch them for fear police might think we were part of the massacre and shoot us. A small group (or one man) laid waste to a city with dedicated, fearless police officers desperately trying to help, because of access to an insane amount of fire power.
It shouldn't have to take a mass shooting to deduce, but fair enough to him for finally realizing.

Mike Schatner

Devil's advocnut
:lol:
Has there ever even been any incidents of an attacker shooting at masses of people and Mr. Good Guy coming to the rescue with his handy gun?
Not really. The closest I can think of is the Church shooting recently. A guy in a nearby house heard teh gun shots ad came out with his AR15. He managed to engage the shooter but he was already fleeing anyway.

I have proficient with most firearms, shooting has been my hobby 30+ years. Personally I would not go out of my way to engage someone with an AR15 if I only had a 9mm. At 25+ yards the chances of me hitting and taking down the bad guy are relatively small yet the chances of him hitting and killing me are very high.

barros

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Where liberty dwells, there is my country
This makes me think of a fun Jim Jefferies bit, where he explains keeping your gun in a safe kind of defeats the argument of having it for protection.
Not really if the safe is finger print activated the only thing i have to do is touching the small finger pads and opens silently and besides anybody who tries to get inside my house will have to deal with my dog which will give me enough time to grab the gun.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
Not really if the safe is finger print activated the only thing i have to do is touching the small finger pads and opens silently and besides anybody who tries to get inside my house will have to deal with my dog which will give me enough time to grab the gun.
What if you're sleeping? Is the safe in your bed? How "silently" can you get up and walk to it? Does it beep when it opens? What if your dog is asleep? What if they quieten your dog somehow?

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Nope

slyadams

I would love it if we could somehow simulate these situations and see just how people truly would react. Nothing like the ninja moves described here I’m sure.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
I would love it if we could somehow simulate these situations and see just how people truly would react. Nothing like the ninja moves described here I’m sure.
I would absolutely hate to live in so much fear that I felt the need to own a gun. As mentioned ad nauseam stuff can be replaced so stay safe and hidden and phone the police. That's what insurance is for and even if it came to defending yourself imagine having to live with killing someone? Or say you miss and hit a family member or neighbour? Or escalate the situation that was just a burglary but you make it worse by trying to be Rambo.

It's just insane to me how people have this mindset where they think they can and would defend their home or worse those that think they could take on their government. :houllier:

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Not really. The closest I can think of is the Church shooting recently. A guy in a nearby house heard teh gun shots ad came out with his AR15. He managed to engage the shooter but he was already fleeing anyway.

I have proficient with most firearms, shooting has been my hobby 30+ years. Personally I would not go out of my way to engage someone with an AR15 if I only had a 9mm. At 25+ yards the chances of me hitting and taking down the bad guy are relatively small yet the chances of him hitting and killing me are very high.
Problem is far too many Americans think CQB is just like watching a movie or playing a game and can be instantly adapted. CQB is purely tactical and requires aptitude, positioning, etc. It gets more difficult as the terrain comes into play, i.e. cars, buildings, PEOPLE, darkness/lighting factors, etc.

barros

I would absolutely hate to live in so much fear that I felt the need to own a gun. As mentioned ad nauseam stuff can be replaced so stay safe and hidden and phone the police. That's what insurance is for and even if it came to defending yourself imagine having to live with killing someone? Or say you miss and hit a family member or neighbour? Or escalate the situation that was just a burglary but you make it worse by trying to be Rambo.

It's just insane to me how people have this mindset where they think they can and would defend their home or worse those that think they could take on their government. :houllier:
You need to be able to defend your family members and yourself because if you wait for the police then would be too late, where I live is safe and when I bought my handgun I did because I like to shoot targets, actually I was really good when I was in service and we used a 9mm walter (?) and I could shoot really far with a galil without a scope.

Mike Schatner

Devil's advocnut
The problem is you would be escalating a situation to potentially lethal. Making noise and putting the lights on while avoiding direct confrontation is much more sensible. Invest in smart home technology and switch on all the main lights in the house with a simple voice command from the safety of your bedroom. Most burglars will leave pretty damned quick given the chance.

barros

The problem is you would be escalating a situation to potentially lethal. Making noise and putting the lights on while avoiding direct confrontation is much more sensible. Invest in smart home technology and switch on all the main lights in the house with a simple voice command from the safety of your bedroom. Most burglars will leave pretty damned quick given the chance.
In the moment they force the door or windows the alarm goes off then a crazy dog will run downstairs like crazy and if the guy still try to come inside then.....

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
Rambo!

:rolleyes:

Twitter is absolutely choc full of people arguing and bitching about the Parkland kids and their "Brainwashed Liberal Leftist ideals" and saying they are actors or being paid by the media to say all these things. At the same time these loons are all saying owning a gun is their absolute right and they would never give them up, many saying because they need them to defend themselves against a tyrannical government or home invasion.

Meanwhile, all because of these ridiculous hypothetical scenarios where people literally get hard at the thought of being invaded at home or rising up against a corrupt government. And because these people absolutely refuse to give up their guns due to something that was written on a piece of paper a very long time ago, kids get shot at school, people get shot in churches, nightclubs, veterans housing etc

It's bullshit and like Bill Maher rightly said last night It's high time people stopped being scared of taking on the 2nd Ammendment because it is just that AN AMMENDMENT and not a commandment. It's been changed before, it can be changed again. Yes it would be difficult, but so is anything worthwhile that needs doing in politics.

onemanarmy

Barros is one of these guys who'll shoot in his own foot the moment someone enters his house.

The sane thing to do imo: make noise and turn on the lights. 99% of all burglars would run.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Gonzales said Tuesday's incident changed his views about President Donald Trump's recent proposal to arm teachers.
"I was kinda leaning toward having armed people in school in case something happened. After today, I get why people say there should be no guns in schools," Gonzales said.

Really, now you get it? Before today your mind could in no way comprehend that stuff like this might've been why people don't think it's a good idea to equip teachers with lethal weapons? Because they might accidentally injure the wrong person, because they studied to be a teacher and not to shoot people with a gun?

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
I'd like to know what kind of training he underwent that taught him it was safe to discharge the gun when pointing it at the ceiling. Whenever we did clearance drills it was always fired into the ground or a suitable receptacle.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I'd like to know what kind of training he underwent that taught him it was safe to discharge the gun when pointing it at the ceiling. Whenever we did clearance drills it was always fired into the ground or a suitable receptacle.
I think he is in the reserves. Not sure which branch. Most likely air force or navy.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
It's only a police reserve that's on the town's council and teaches kids during the day. Not like that person is used to responsibility.

It's a wonder this doesn't happen more often given how many people are stupid behind a vehicle and end up killing people out of negligence.

Status
Not open for further replies.