g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

The Bailly Substitution

Andy_Cole

Was it tactical or was he injured? I was shouting him to do it all half and he did. Surprised as I didn’t think Ole would be ruthless. Another positive for Ole if it was pure tactical.

Walters_19_MuFc

He looked like he was limping when he came off but I hope it was tactical because he looked lost out at right back. Bringing on Dalot and putting Young at right back changed the game for us. PSG wasn't able to get down the channels as often as they did with Bailly on. Would love to know why Ole started Bailly right back, though.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Why do people on here keep calling him Bailey? Is it a running joke I've missed?

ChaddyP

Tactical. I’m sure Jose had to sub him once before half time for being utterly crap as well.
Agreed but he "looked " injured when he came off. unless he was just pretending to look injured so 9le would yank him off as he knew in his mind he was a deer infront of headlights out there

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I had a quick look for a similar thread to this earlier.
I thought it was strange he even started, Dalit had more game time recently and done great in the weekend.

You could see straight away we were all over the place on the right, Young and Bailly taking turns to mark same person and sometimes neither. PSG were having a field day out there.

But, Baily did look or at least act injured before he came off so I was unsure whether it was tactical or genuine injury. Whatever it was, thank god he came off.

Raw

I think from post match interviews people have said he got injured, though they could have just said that to protect Bailly. I think Ole would have planned that change soon anyway, it clearly wasn't working for him.

Drz

That really worked out for the best. I was initially furious when Veratti rolled his studs on Bailly's ankle.

DRM

Baily I'm afraid is simply not good enough for us. I just feel that everytime he plays we conceed a goal. He is a very good athelte but his positional awareness is really bad.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Was an excellent decision from Soslkjaer I thought. Poor decision to start him there in the first place but the fact that he recognised that and wasn't afraid to make a change after 15 minutes was good to see. So many managers always wait too long before fixing things.

RMD83

He was injured. But it was a blessing anyway as he was having an absolute mare.

mu4c_20le

Was it tactical or was he injured? I was shouting him to do it all half and he did. Surprised as I didn’t think Ole would be ruthless. Another positive for Ole if it was pure tactical.
He did it for you, Andy.

Infra-red

Bailly looked like he had forgotten how to play football. He didn't look particularly arsed about it either.

Horrendous performance, possibly his last for United.

He was injured in the previous challenge but he needed to come off anyway. Looked like he and Young had no idea what they were supposed to be doing on the right.

reddevil80

I have always been in Bailly's corner but he was having a real 'mare last night. Him and Young could not agree with each other about positions which caused confusion and PSG picked up on it straight away. Luckily for utd, so did Ole. Excellent decision which was needed and saved our progression into the quarters. I hope Bailly can get his 1st seasons form back, and I hope he gets another chance but only at centre back. He is not a right back.

LingiBW

He looks really bad. We should sell whilst he had some resale value. All he has is his athleticism but he fails to take advantage of it.

He's not the type you want to have in his 30s as he starts to decline because he doesnt have the brains to do whats needed consistently.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Bit of a crazy decision to play him RB in the first place. Was way out of his comfort zone.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
It was injury related but I'm sure if he weren't having such a shocker Bailly could have continued, I suspect he wanted to get off

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Dalot was warming up before bailly ‘hurt’ himself. It was tactical.

Okey

I wonder why he was so poor. He's played right back before. You can be poor out of position without being as utterly hopeless as last night. I guess the overall judgement is he isn't good enough for us. Possibly him and Rojo to leave. They'll both fetch half decent money and we can sign a quality starting CB.

hobbers

He was "injured".

Cleary it was a bit of a face saving exercise.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Dalot was warming up before bailly ‘hurt’ himself. It was tactical.
Would have to re-run the game to check but if that's true then yeah, purely tactical. The commentators were all over Bailly too about how he was getting fcuked by PSG.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
That defending for their goal was pure park league.

You see it one angle thinking how has this guy just wandered in with so much time and space. Then you see it, and matey just stands still. Oh that'll be the ball being crossed into a dangerous position then.

Mcking

Tactical I think. It is amazing how much our defence improved the moment he was subbed off.

edcunited1878

70/30 tactical v injury.

He could have carried on if he had to, but everyone knew he was underwater and was targeted. He celebrated just like everyone else and didn't mind being subbed.

Very tough match for him to go into RB. Just didn't work out like the team hoped. He still has his uses as a CB and would definitely have him over Rojo and Jones.

Art Vandelay

Solskjaer made a mistake in starting him and rectified it taking him off. That should really be his last game for us, he's had some serious stinkers and is injured a lot of the time.

Trizy

Possibly the worst defensive performance I've ever seen and he only last what, 20 minutes? Completely asleep for the goal. First he kept the player on side and secondly he let his marker get past him without even moving.

jesperjaap

Either way, it was a turning point for me in terms of us getting ore balance and not being ripped open. He looked lost and like he had never played in a back three. I say that as a fan, as rash and clumsy as he can look at times, personally I still think he can be a top centre back, though with the new contracts given to the likes of Jones and the fact I am sure we will sign a centre back, I wonder if he will get the opportunity to prove it here

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Pretty obvious he had to make way. He looked lost on the pitch. Understandably, I thought he was feigning injury.