The Biden Presidency

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
Just got my email from Joe telling me my student loans are about to be forgiven.

Amazing man. Is great that biden is pushing this even with the opposition of Rs and some Ds

Can i ask some questions out of curiosity. You absolutely dont need to answer if if is too personal

- how long did you have that credit
- what percentage you already paid when it was condoned?

Carolina Red

Staff
- how long did you have that credit
- what percentage you already paid when it was condoned?
I’ve been making payments for 12 years, but for 10 years while signed up for the public service forgiveness plan.

Like… around 25% of the principal amount.

Kaos

How is it decided which students get their loans written off? Is it a lottery system or do they have some form of prioritisation system based on outstanding debts, personal circumstances, state, college etc.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
"I didn't go school and get my education so those that did can get their loans paid off by the guv'nent! That's not fair!"

Possibly echoed in a trailer park near you.

Carolina Red

Staff
"I didn't go school and get my education so those that did can get their loans paid off by the guv'nent! That's not fair!"

What's great are the complaints by my Gen X & older colleagues that they paid off their loans the old fashioned way.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
What's great are the complaints by my Gen X & older colleagues that they paid off their loans the old fashioned way.
Their loans that were like 1/10th the amount

edit: I had the same discussion with my dad once. The great thing about having gone to the same Univ he did is I could directly compare tuition and costs. We only had that discussion once. :)

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters

edit: I had the same discussion with my dad once. The great thing about having gone to the same Univ he did is I could directly compare tuition and costs. We only had that discussion once. :)
1/10th is being generous if you ask me

Hamnat

The other thing about those arguing against the student loan relief or thinking it is "unfair" Those same people you can hear a lot of them don't care at all about corporate tax breaks or the types of loopholes the GOP try to give to businesses etc that only benefit the rich or corporations.

I only have about 5k to pay on my loans. I would have had the last 10k cleared off by Bidens initial plan. I had already been accepted before the SC intervention. I personally would not be like "I paid mine the hard way" exorbitant interest rate and all and screw everyone else. I would still favor other people getting the relief after me. The idea that normal people, average citizens getting the direct relief for once is bad I just don't get it.

I would much prefer these people that are trying to better themselves with their education have the relief and they can go on and spend their money elsewhere in the economy. Or save for retirement or whatever.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich

It’s problematic because in a simple way it’s an easy to support argument. It’s a bit like staying in the EU. The arguments for it are nuanced and take a bit of getting your head round, whereas the arguments against it are easily explained in a 3 word response.

Carolina Red

Staff

Oh no doubt. Back then schools like South Carolina and Clemson were $7k-$8k per year to attend... and that's tuition + room & board.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
I’ve been making payments for 12 years, but for 10 years while signed up for the public service forgiveness plan.

Like… around 25% of the principal amount.
Oh wow. It is amazing! 75% and that long had to liberating

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
Old man in telling same story over and over again shocker.
What is a shocker is that is the POTUS and he wants to be POTUS again.

Nothing against old people rambling, but you don't want them near responsibility positions

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
What is a shocker is that is the POTUS and he wants to be POTUS again.

Nothing against old people rambling, but you don't want them near responsibility positions
People literally start doing this in their 70s, some even sooner. It's a nothing burger attempt at resurrecting the Sleepy Joe meme because the RNCs guy pulled his own sleepy routine in court last week, with added incontinence.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
People literally start doing this in their 70s, some even sooner. It's a nothing burger attempt at resurrecting the Sleepy Joe meme because the RNCs guy pulled his own sleepy routine in court last week, with added incontinence.
Last part is whatabaoutism

Regarding the first part, you retire in your 60s for a reason. So or been POTUS is the easiest job in the world or no one should be allowed to run for office after 70. There is a limit for how young (30 I believe) so I don't know why it should not be a cap for older age

And saying that Biden is not fit, is not saying that Trump is. Trump is way worse because is not only a rambling old man, is a corrupt dangerous man and is fecking dumb

I would pick Biden any day over Trump, but that doesn't mean that is immune to criticisms and the state of US politics

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Last part is whatabaoutism

Regarding the first part, you retire in your 60s for a reason. So or been POTUS is the easiest job in the world or no one should be allowed to run for office after 70. There is a limit for how young (30 I believe) so I don't know why it should not be a cap for older age

And saying that Biden is not fit, is not saying that Trump is. Trump is way worse because is not only a rambling old man, is a corrupt dangerous man and is fecking dumb

I would pick Biden any day over Trump, but that doesn't mean that is immune to criticisms and the state of US politics
The original Tweet is from an account called RNC Research so your whataboutism claim is bunk.

Yes Biden is the oldest president ever but if his administration is effective and legislation sound he's going to run again. Presidents don't like to be one termers as history will remember them as failures. Plus, if his legislation has been effective you can't throw an unknown in against Trump. It's too risky considering what is at stake for the US.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
The original Tweet is from an account called RNC Research so your whataboutism claim is bunk.

Yes Biden is the oldest president ever but if his administration is effective and legislation sound he's going to run again. Presidents don't like to be one termers as history will remember them as failures. Plus, if his legislation has been effective you can't throw an unknown in against Trump. It's too risky considering what is at stake for the US.
I know what they like. They would probably like to be POTUS for a lifetime. I am just expressing my opinion, that matters 0, that and old man rambling is perfectly fine but it doesn't seem a great indicator for being POTUS and that old people should be kept away from this.

also, IMO, if Biden said 1 year ago that he would not be presented for reelection, we would not have an unknown Democrat option. But here we are, with Trump being favourite so far and again IMO, due to seeing Biden not well to be POTUS

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I know what they like. They would probably like to be POTUS for a lifetime. I am just expressing my opinion, that matters 0, that and old man rambling is perfectly fine but it doesn't seem a great indicator for being POTUS and that old people should be kept away from this.

also, IMO, if Biden said 1 year ago that he would not be presented for reelection, we would not have an unknown Democrat option. But here we are, with Trump being favourite so far and again IMO, due to seeing Biden not well to be POTUS
We would have had a quite unknown option. And a massively underfunded one.

Simbo

Absolutely mad, :lol:

How can a politician come out with a straight face and say that. This one of the stupidest conspiracy theories you will ever hear. Connecting Putin to Trump to protesters against the slaughter in Gaza.
If Putin isn't doing everything within his power to stoke the fire's of these protests in the West then he must be dead or something. Because that's what he does...

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
Can't read it, but one 'ominous' poll from some months ago is hardly definitive.
Yes. is never the correct time (actually I said if Biden would said it 1 year ago...) wasn't correct either last year the polls about Trump vs Biden and here we are still.

The reality is that whereever we look, Trump is shit, but Biden is even shittier electability speaking. Every single narrative is telling us that. Can improve? sure, but didn't happen for months. And will end with Trump destroying everything

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Yes. is never the correct time (actually I said if Biden would said it 1 year ago...) wasn't correct either last year the polls about Trump vs Biden and here we are still.

The reality is that whereever we look, Trump is shit, but Biden is even shittier electability speaking. Every single narrative is telling us that. Can improve? sure, but didn't happen for months. And will end with Trump destroying everything
I think Trump is going to jail tbf.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Nothing would please me more but is a slippery cnut and seems like the law doesn't apply to him
Well he's not doing well at winning any of his civil cases. Obviously you need more proof for a criminal trial it's not like he didn't say and do a lot of the things he's accused of fairly publicly, pissing off a lot of witnesses to it along the way.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Well he's not doing well at winning any of his civil cases. Obviously you need more proof for a criminal trial it's not like he didn't say and do a lot of the things he's accused of fairly publicly, pissing off a lot of witnesses to it along the way.
If you want to believe, i'm not going to stop you, but Trump will never spend a minute in prison.

At most, he will be slapped with some fine, which is legal team will delay and appeal, and all that BS.

Only "justice" is for the US to vote against him again, cause the legal system is there to protect the rich, punish the poor, little else.