The Biden Presidency

Giggsyking

If Putin isn't doing everything within his power to stoke the fire's of these protests in the West then he must be dead or something. Because that's what he does...
:lol:

Putin is paying US protesters. Get out of here. You people are unreal.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

:lol:

Putin is paying US protesters. Get out of here. You people are unreal.
Why is it laughable? It would be much simpler for Putin if Trump was in charge rather than Biden, so anything to undermine Biden's leadership is probably number one priority for their propaganda/disinformation teams out there.

That's not to say the protest aren't legit, but Russia surely has an eye on fueling the fire as much as possible in any possible way.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Why is it laughable? It would be much simpler for Putin if Trump was in charge rather than Biden, so anything to undermine Biden's leadership is probably number one priority for their propaganda/disinformation teams out there.

That's not to say the protest aren't legit, but Russia surely has an eye on fueling the fire as much as possible in any possible way.
Putin literally doesn’t need to do anything given how weak, feeble and disingenuous Biden is. He’s made a rod for his own back. Putin is probably over the moon on how things have unfolded over the last 6 months.

neverdie

It was whataboutism to suggest any US responsibility for the situation, over decades, in the lead up to the Russian-Ukraine invasion. That charge shut many people down in that thread, and perhaps you were right: the scope of other actors when Russia had invaded maybe went too far.

The obvious contrast is that there now exists a contra whataboutism which is an "anti-cult" of personality surrounding the apparently omnipotent Putin and how he organizes acts of resistance to what is a genocide in Gaza on American campuses. It's ridiculous. A DNC talking point. Large-scale pro-Palestinian protests have been going on in the United States, across Universities and outside them, for decades. It has the sum total of nothing to do with Putin.

Will the Putin regime use the Israeli-Gaza situation for propaganda? Yes. That is obvious. Is that the reason people are protesting what many now consider a full blown genocide (independent of all Russian capacity to control narratives)? No.

Kaos

I mean Biden is doing himself no favours. Putin is obviously going to try and capitalise on whatever turmoil Biden has to contend with, but Biden has made it easy for him by choosing to play enabler and sponsor of a genocidal regime running rampant in the Middle East, its as simple as that really.

You can blame Putin all you want, but Biden has created this division all by his own doing. And yes these protests are very much legit.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

I'm sure Putin loves the protests since that is part of his own policy of fomenting and exploiting division in democratic nations, but I seriously doubt he's behind any of them.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
I'm sure Putin loves the protests since that is part of his own policy of fomenting and exploiting division in democratic nations, but I seriously doubt he's behind any of them.
Pretty much this. He'll be trying to fan the flames and do what he can do get Trump elected, but these protests are legit and largely down to the decisions the Biden administration has made since October 7th. Or I guess probably since the end of October.

As I've posted many times in here, I've no idea what Biden and team are seeing that is having them behave how they are - from here it makes no sense whatsoever. Politically, morally, strategically etc.

Revan

Assumptionman
Yep, agree that while Putin is a scumbag and this protests actually are welcomed by him, there is no need for conspiracy theories that he is behind them. Biden's bad politics are behind them.

Occam's Razor and all that.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
Well he's not doing well at winning any of his civil cases. Obviously you need more proof for a criminal trial it's not like he didn't say and do a lot of the things he's accused of fairly publicly, pissing off a lot of witnesses to it along the way.
True but imprison him, as you said will be more difficult. Specially because the system is rigged and he knows how to work it out. He might lose hundreds of millions but he will do many more. For starters, if true, if his son in law got 2 bn from the saudis, he can get this or more and if not, with all the corrupted favours while POTUS he will have always someone that will bankroll him with trips, places and more

He will die comfortable of old age (because he is already old)

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City

He's probably eating pop corn and laughing his ass off at the moment, but at some point you'll have to accept that Biden and his administration are the sole responsibles for these protests.

Biden's baffling and unconditional support to a ultra-right regime that gave up on any semblance of rule or human decency, shitting on international laws and daily carrying out one war crime after another to achieve its ethnic cleansing, just doesn't fly with a part of the US population. The repression and repeated attempts to silence them don't help either, on the contrary.

There will be lasting consequences for this utterly shameful and self-destructive stance, long after the living corpse currently sitting in the White House either kicks the bucket or completes its second mandate.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Yeah, I have my doubts about this particular case, but Putin does have a track record of doing this sort of thing.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/oct/17/russian-troll-factory-activists-protests-us-election
My guess is that there are some decent young politically engaged Americans that see what's happening in Gaza and want to voice their concern.

Thinking that Putin is behind it is just bizarre and insults young Americans. Biden will be remembered in ths history books for actively supporting this genocide. He's scum. Which is a shame as Americans like the British have to decide which is worse rather than which is better. Sigh.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

Mentioning putin/russia/china is exactly that: suggesting the protests aren't legit.
Putin literally doesn’t need to do anything given how weak, feeble and disingenuous Biden is. He’s made a rod for his own back. Putin is probably over the moon on how things have unfolded over the last 6 months.
I mean Biden is doing himself no favours. Putin is obviously going to try and capitalise on whatever turmoil Biden has to contend with, but Biden has made it easy for him by choosing to play enabler and sponsor of a genocidal regime running rampant in the Middle East, its as simple as that really.

You can blame Putin all you want, but Biden has created this division all by his own doing. And yes these protests are very much legit.
He's probably eating pop corn and laughing his ass off at the moment, but at some point you'll have to accept that Biden and his administration are the sole responsibles for these protests.

Biden's baffling and unconditional support to a ultra-right regime that gave up on any semblance of rule or human decency, shitting on international laws and daily carrying out one war crime after another to achieve its ethnic cleansing, just doesn't fly with a part of the US population. The repression and repeated attempts to silence them don't help either, on the contrary.

There will be lasting consequences for this utterly shameful and self-destructive stance, long after the living corpse currently sitting in the White House either kicks the bucket or completes its second mandate.
I'm well aware of the natural strong feelings this revenge campaign on Gaza have on people, specially young people as i feel them myself.
My point was that i don't think it's laughable to suggest that Russia is doing everything it can to capitalize on the situation if it makes Biden look bad/weak.

But i take your points, and no reason to discuss this further.

Giggsyking

You just said two different things, Putin using the legitimate protests for his benefit (if we want to believe that) is on a completely other level to accusing the protesters being connected to Trump via Putin,

cant you see the idiotic conspiracy of Pelosi?

Giggsyking

My guess is that there are some decent young politically engaged Americans that see what's happening in Gaza and want to voice their concern.

Thinking that Putin is behind it is just bizarre and insults young Americans. Biden will be remembered in ths history books for actively supporting this genocide. He's scum. Which is a shame as Americans like the British have to decide which is worse rather than which is better. Sigh.
Of course they are legit protests, they are human beings compassionate about and feeling the suffering of other people with a gigantic tragedy unfolding right Infront of their eyes, a dinosaur like Pelosi is insulting millions of Americans who stands with these protests by connecting them to Putin. Once she opened that door, any protest can be categorized as Russian and shut down.

Giggsyking

I'm well aware of the natural strong feelings this revenge campaign on Gaza have on people, specially young people as i feel them myself.
My point was that i don't think it's laughable to suggest that Russia is doing everything it can to capitalize on the situation if it makes Biden look bad/weak.

He is bad and weak, Putin does not need to do anything to showcase that. Just let him continue his complicity in the Israeli war crimes.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona

Promoting the protests, capitalizing in them, etc and all it has nothing to with the suggestion that they grab random people that they care about Gaza, pay them and send them to protest in favour of Gaza

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
Of course they are legit protests, they are human beings compassionate about and feeling the suffering of other people with a gigantic tragedy unfolding right Infront of their eyes, a dinosaur like Pelosi is insulting millions of Americans who stands with these protests by connecting them to Putin. Once she opened that door, any protest can be categorized as Russian and shut down.
She is one of the best US politicians I read around here

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Whatever Biden is doing lately, its helping him in the polls. Probably a bump post SOTU. He's now leading Trump in two major polls (Morning Consult and Marist).

nimic

something nice
Scout
Interesting that Kennedy takes more from Trump than Biden in both of those. It's sort of what I expected, but I remember some in here being certain it would be the other way around.

Simbo

So you think Trump is connected to the protesters via Putin, Like Pelosi's theory?
I think Trump/MAGA and their enablers want as much chaos as is possible while Biden is president, 10 fold during an election year, the timing couldn't be better. I think Putin is desperate for a 2nd Trump presidency, like existentially so, or at least for Repubs to keep one branch of the government.

I'd be very surprised if they weren't getting involved, personally.

Giggsyking

I think Trump/MAGA and their enablers want as much chaos as is possible while Biden is president, 10 fold during an election year, the timing couldn't be better. I think Putin is desperate for a 2nd Trump presidency, like existentially so, or at least for Repubs to keep one branch of the government.

I'd be very surprised if they weren't getting involved, personally.
So you do think Putin aided by Trump are paying protesters.

Can't you se how silly you sound.

Mike Smalling

Interesting that Kennedy takes more from Trump than Biden in both of those. It's sort of what I expected, but I remember some in here being certain it would be the other way around.
It's the only thing that's really logical. RFK should take from the anti-establishment, conspiracy theory nutjobs that would otherwise go to Trump. He's even sending mixed signals on abortion, and his staffers has been open about Biden being his primary opponent rather than Trump. The only reason he'd take from Biden is that some low-information voters just hear the name "Kennedy" and want someone younger than Biden, but any Dem voter scratching the surface even a little bit would discard RFK as an option.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
It's the only thing that's really logical. RFK should take from the anti-establishment, conspiracy theory nutjobs that would otherwise go to Trump. He's even sending mixed signals on abortion, and his staffers has been open about Biden being his primary opponent rather than Trump. The only reason he'd take from Biden is that some low-information voters just hear the name "Kennedy" and want someone younger than Biden, but any Dem voter scratching the surface even a little bit would discard RFK as an option.
RIghtfully so.

RFK is even more stuck in a bygone era than Biden, which is saying something.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona

This can not be a real :lol:
It fecking is. Spanish PM after a citation he was reading "end of citation" and that like 5 or 6 times. Is embarrassing

Last edited:

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
For the pro-Biden people here @Beachryan @WI_Red @calodo2003

I think you are sincere when you say that Trump poses a unique fascist threat. Project 2025 looks scary to most people including me. And certainly protecting democracy is the main campaign of the Dems.

Five days ago, an extension of FISA, which allows warrantless wiretapping, was signed by President Biden after passing the House and Senate. Yesterday, the House passed a bill that gives the president the unilateral authority to strip non-profits of their status if he determines that they are "terrorist supporting". That bill has now passed the Senate Finance Committee.

Both bills were passed with massive bipartisan majorities. The FISA extension passed 259-128 in the House and 60-34 in the Senate, with 140 House Democrats and 30 Senate Democrats voting in favour. This represents the majority of the Democratic caucus in both chambers (not to mention the Democratic president who signed it).
The second bill passed the House 382-11 with only the squad and Thomas Massie voting against, representing an overwhelming majority of the Democratic caucus.

I'm personally against warantless wiretapping in general, and am worried about how the anti-Palestinian Democratic party can use the powers in the second bill. But I understand that many Democratic supporters may not share those concerns.

Coming back to Trump - I would guess that even Dem supporters can see how these laws would give him carte blache to deal with liberal organisations, for example, BLM, pro-migrant groups, the ACLU, HRC, etc. And a hostile dictator with the power to read every single thing you say isn't comforting either.

My question is - why do you think your party is arming the potential future dictator with Enabling Acts even before he comes to power? Do they not sincerely think he is a fascist threat, or are they sure they will win in November? And if it's the latter, is the game plan that no Republican will ever win the presidency in the future?

NM

I think you are sincere when you say that Trump poses a unique fascist threat. Project 2025 looks scary to most people including me. And certainly protecting democracy is the main campaign of the Dems.

Five days ago, an extension of FISA, which allows warrantless wiretapping, was signed by President Biden after passing the House and Senate. Yesterday, the House passed a bill that gives the president the unilateral authority to strip non-profits of their status if he determines that they are "terrorist supporting". That bill has now passed the Senate Finance Committee.

Both bills were passed with massive bipartisan majorities. The FISA extension passed 259-128 in the House and 60-34 in the Senate, with 140 House Democrats and 30 Senate Democrats voting in favour. This represents the majority of the Democratic caucus in both chambers (not to mention the Democratic president who signed it).
The second bill passed the House 382-11 with only the squad and Thomas Massie voting against, representing an overwhelming majority of the Democratic caucus.

I'm personally against warantless wiretapping in general, and am worried about how the anti-Palestinian Democratic party can use the powers in the second bill. But I understand that many Democratic supporters may not share those concerns.

Coming back to Trump - I would guess that even Dem supporters can see how these laws would give him carte blache to deal with liberal organisations, for example, BLM, pro-migrant groups, the ACLU, HRC, etc. And a hostile dictator with the power to read every single thing you say isn't comforting either.

My question is - why do you think your party is arming the potential future dictator with Enabling Acts even before he comes to power? Do they not sincerely think he is a fascist threat, or are they sure they will win in November? And if it's the latter, is the game plan that no Republican will ever win the presidency in the future?
One party is just less evil than the other buddy. Nobody is saying the democratic party is the best in the world. It's just that they are better than the alternative.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
One party is just less evil than the other buddy. Nobody is saying the democratic party is the best in the world. It's just that they are better than the alternative.
I understand that argument.

My question is, why are they giving the more evil party and its dictatorial boss more powers? Every member of the Dems has said Trump represents a fascist threat. Why are they strengthening the discretionary power of the presidency months before Trump could become president?

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United

Traveling so I don’t have time for a long reply, but I will say I do t consider myself pro-Biden. I did not vote for him in either primary (20 and 24). Rather I consider myself pro-“best of 2 choices”. Will try to address the rest later.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Wow, what wit, never seen that before. Incredible. No wonder (I assume?) he's huge on Twitter or whatever it's called.

For example, what do you think President Donald Trump would suggest doing to the various protests around the country?

Last edited: