The Biden Presidency

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I was just thinking, how the feck can he sit through this and not feel anything but shame for what he has upheld and supported the past 4 years. At least Trump had the unintentional dignity of not showing his face.
He'll also no doubt be reflecting on when he got thrown under the bus during the insurrection.

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
Plus I think all the congress/Biden have been vaccinated. Not an excuse though.
I think they all had to have a Negative Covid Test so maybe that's why they feel safe because it's a more controlled environment. The situations involving Trump and his minions was not the same. They were not tested and they refused to wear a mask.

Dudu

Was curious too. "Everyone tested twice in the last 72 hours"

That's a relief.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
And what if he says no? There is no one else that would even get close to winning a West Virginian Senate seat. Plus if you immediately abolish the filibuster you open yourselves up to criticism (no matter how unjustified) that you are not being bipartisan.

That's why Reid waited until Republicans blocked even the most straightforward judicial nominee before he removed it for non-Supreme Court judicial appointments. And yes, the Republicans got rid of it for the Supreme Court without a lot of criticism - that seems to be the hypocrisy of the left/right divide.

It would be much easier for Manchin to get on board with the removal if and when McConnell keeps blocking popular policies, but this will take some time.

I would love for it to go and for DC and Puerto Rico to become states. I just cannot see it happening.
I can't see it happening either but it's not because Republicans might criticize them for being partisan, it's because the democratic party leadership does not want to do the things that they run on.

Dan

Looks like Biden has a normal signature compared to the last guy.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Seriously why do they have to go over the top with all of this motorcade shit? I get that he's the POTUS n'all but for feck's sake, come on.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Get the feeling this thread will be a fraction the size of Trump thread, and that is a good thing. I think USA and the rest of the world could do with at least 4 years of normality

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Get the feeling this thread will be a fraction the size of Trump thread, and that is a good thing. I think USA and the rest of the world could do with at least 4 years of normality
Just thinking about where we were on January 20th, 2017 and where we are now is mind blowing stuff.

Charlie Foley

It is an amazing place. My dad is buried there and it never gets old going there when we visit his grave site.
We have done wreath laying in a few military graveyards around Christmas. Did Arlington a few years ago and here in Annapolis a couple of times too. Not a religious person but always quite moving. Respect to your father

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Just thinking about where we were on January 20th, 2017 and where we are now is mind blowing stuff.
I think it’s caused many people who weren’t previously interested in politics, very politicised.

It’s forced some left leaning people further left but also sadly people on the right further right. Not all, but some. Also those who consider themselves dead centre really had to pick a side as the division became too much.

MarylandMUFan

We have done wreath laying in a few military graveyards around Christmas. Did Arlington a few years ago and here in Annapolis a couple of times too. Not a religious person but always quite moving. Respect to your father
Yeah, I am an atheist but was quite moved by the ceremony and dignity he received at his burial, especially since he had such an undignified last few years of his life with brain issues. Made me realize the importance of that process.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Arlington is something else.
It truly is. We had a layover in DC a few years back and drove from the airport at like 5am, wide awake decided to stop at Arlington whilst it was quiet. It was kind of misty with the grass all covered in dew, an incredible atmosphere to the place.

Was just after Remembrance Day so there was a wreath laid on each grave too.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Hadn’t seen this when typing the above, it was something to behold that.