The Biden Presidency

Carolina Red

Staff
It truly is. We had a layover in DC a few years back and drove from the airport at like 5am, wide awake decided to stop at Arlington whilst it was quiet. It was kind of misty with the grass all covered in dew, an incredible atmosphere to the place.

Was just after Remembrance Day so there was a wreath laid on each cross too.
Oh man, that had to have been a moving sight. I'm glad you got to see that.

MarylandMUFan

We volunteer for the cleanup crew to remove the wreaths every year. It's funny because it completely lacks the ceremony that laying the wreaths do. We bring broom stick and slide as many wreaths as we can on the stick and carry them to the haul away dumpsters.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Dread to think what he will look like in 4 years, considering how the job ages Presidents. He already looks ancient.

DavidDeSchmikes

Biden's first foreign leader call as president will be with Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau on Friday,

Boycott

Sharp remarks here although I do find the tradition of ceremonial oath taking for bureaucratic roles a little weird.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Biden's first foreign leader call as president will be with Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau on Friday,
I really doubt this will heat up in the slightest, as I don't think Trudeau actually cares. For his government, focus is on building the TransMountain pipeline, which the Canadian government bought and will now want to see become profitable. The Canadian oil sector might not even need more than that and the Line 3 pipeline (as discussed here). However, Trudeau has to express this disappointment for the Canadian audience, as this is a big thing in the Prairies and the Liberals are already perceived as weak (or simply: evil) on the issue. So I think he's talking to Canadians here, and may not even bring this up with Biden on Friday (except if it's to make sure it appears in Canadian news reports afterwards).

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular

Sharp remarks here although I do find the tradition of ceremonial oath taking for bureaucratic roles a little weird.
Canada also has a public service oath: "I, ________, swear (or solemnly affirm) that I will faithfully and honestly fulfil the duties that devolve on me by reason of my employment in the public service of Canada and that I will not, without due authority, disclose or make known any matter that comes to my knowledge by reason of such employment. (Add, in the case where an oath is taken, “So help me God” (or name of deity).)"

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
actually good stuff, though i think the pipeline didnt progress much even with 4 years of trump and zinke. would be good if now he held back on the insane prosecutions of DAPL protestors.

obligatory feck trudeau.

sport2793

Wow the star power for this inauguration is stunning, Trump must be extremely angry he couldn't get the same support.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Wow the star power for this inauguration is stunning, Trump must be extremely angry he couldn't get the same support.
You really think the narcist would have wanted to share his special night with anyone who might be considered more famous than him?