The Biden Presidency

sport2793

Hmmmm...

Maybe they are trying to get the cash through weapons sales like the $200m they just got from Egypt?
This is such a clown statement, $200 million is like pocket change compared to the $1.9 trillion cost of the entire package.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
This is such a clown statement, $200 million is like pocket change compared to the $1.9 trillion cost of the entire package.
More clownish to not notice sarcasm in a post that was more just pointing out a Tweet showing it's business as usual for the USA selling weapons to countries with dodgy human rights records while only recently chastising others about the same issue.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
More clownish to not notice sarcasm in a post that was more just pointing out a Tweet showing it's business as usual for the USA selling weapons to countries with dodgy human rights records while only recently chastising others about the same issue.

The US has been keeping Egypt on side for decades. They are useful allies.

sport2793

Indeed they have, but it's the hypocrisy that sticks out. Trump was getting slammed for his arms deals in his last few weeks of office (rightly so)
Ya but keep in mind that Egypt and Israel normalized relations in the late 70s and Sadat got assassinated for it. The Egyptians didn't win many friends in the Arab or Palestinian world for what they did at the time. Contrast with the Trump situation where he definitely bought off the Arabian peninsula regimes to score a cheap foreign policy victory when these regimes should have been able to come to a similar conclusion a while back without needing a lot in return. Therefore, I don't think selling arms to Egypt reaches the same threshold. Plus the Israeli human rights record of late is arguably worse than Egypt, yet no one would bat an eyelid if they got more arms from the US.

Ultimately your comment was too lazy and dumb (from a financial and geopolitical perspective) to be called sarcastic.

Last edited:

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
"Tonight on Hannity".....

We can only imagine. His segment with Cruz the other night was hilarious. Twisting things so it seemed like Ted was just being a good, protective father dropping his girls off in Cancun. Made it seem like he was just dropping them at the mall for a pizza before they had a sleepover at their mates. :lol:

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
big news day today! senate parliamentarian decides that minimum wage isn't a substantial economic impact bill or whatever and it can't be put in reconciliation. now, kamala harris has the power to overrule her, and to overrule kamala the senate would need 60 votes (i.e. not happening). instead, they've already folded and will not be increasing the minimum wage.

bernie, who started this human centipede of failure by failing to convince the parliamentarian (and of course by losing to sleepy joe in the first place), has an alternative bill, as he too accepts his place as the public face of the party of losers.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
For some reason this argument strikes me as wrong. I am trying to put my finger on why. I think it is that they dems have been arguing that "raising the wage is great for the economy, so lets raise it!" But now Bernie is saying lets incentivize business to do so. I'm not against doing it, as then end result is fantastic and helping out small business is a good thing. I just think this is what is wrong with how the Dems argue points. They are weak and flip floppy.

Drifter

American
Nancy Pelosi will put on a show in the house. Voting on the bill with the $15 included, showing defiance to the parliamentarian, while being relieved.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout

I thought Manchin and Sinema were enough to be the pantomine villains Democrats needed this time, but for effect they can also add an unelected nobody whose pronouncements are advisory and can be overruled (but won't be).

freeurmind

weak willed
There's plenty of blue no matter who folks on here, to be fair I was one of them four years ago.

WPMUFC

As non american I started to miss Trump's international policy.

At times of global pandemic instead of solving world issue as leaders they choose to plunge themselves into another hot zone.
assassinating military generals to distract from domestic policy embarrassments, massively increasing drone strikes from the Obama years, positioning US troops to protect Syrian oil, and letting Turkey slaughter people because you like strong dictators and want to build a hotel in the country is not "the good old days"

Obama, Trump and Biden are still garbage on "international policy". It's just that you'd hope "neoliberals" not jump to raining death as quickly as conservatives like to, yet they continue to disappoint.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
assassinating military generals to distract from domestic policy embarrassments, massively increasing drone strikes from the Obama years, positioning US troops to protect Syrian oil, and letting Turkey slaughter people because you like strong dictators and want to build a hotel in the country is not "the good old days"

Obama, Trump and Biden are still garbage on "international policy". It's just that you'd hope "neoliberals" not jump to raining death as quickly as conservatives like to, yet they continue to disappoint.
Trump managed to lower the bar for everyone of us