The Biden Presidency

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

Most transparent President in history?

Is he having a fecking laugh?

The level of bullshit is just too much :lol:
Wow. Gym is something else.

It’s shocking that a functioning adult, either Gym or an aide, actually typed this out & sent it. It’s equally shocking that at least 50 million mental deficients will believe this completely.

The Firestarter

Most transparent == sending a deranged incoherent tweet every hour? Is that what he is trying to say?

Cloud7

Most transparent == sending a deranged incoherent tweet every hour? Is that what he is trying to say?
That’s exactly what they call transparent. Keep in mind that Trump’s supporters never fact checked what he said and realized it was all lies, so to them he probably was the most transparent president ever.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Is this precidency so boring that it fell of the forum's first page? I heard he's being quite generous with the covid relief? Wot say you?

Also, I thought Q said Kamala would be sworn in by now.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Is this precidency so boring that it fell of the forum's first page? I heard he's being quite generous with the covid relief? Wot say you?

Just hope his dog doesn’t have any more outbursts. The indignation caused by such would be massive.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me

He promised 2000 checks out immediately. Instead they gave 1400 checks after 2 months, changed requirements to make 12 million people who got Trumps checks ineligible for this one and cut unemployment benefits by 25%.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
He promised 2000 checks out immediately. Instead they gave 1400 checks after 2 months, changed requirements to make 12 million people who got Trumps checks ineligible for this one and cut unemployment benefits by 25%.
Sounds like a great American. So, worse than Trump?

freeurmind

weak willed
Lots of concerning things from this administration on foreign policy. Also disappointed they have not dropped the charges against Assange.

Poor form from Biden sticking up for Cuomo but then again sexual predators have to stick together.

Sweet Square

Well gosh I guess the most powerful person on the planet has to just shrug his shoulders and say oh well
Remember you had to vote in Biden because Trump was the most dangerous president in the world. Also Biden can't do anything as president.

Now just be grateful you're alive, you slob!

The Firestarter

Remember you had to vote in Biden because Trump was the most dangerous president in the world. Also Biden can't do anything as president.

Now just be grateful you're alive, you slob!
I guess a gigantic stimulus bill falls below 'anything'. Get rid, useless.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Well gosh I guess the most powerful person on the planet has to just shrug his shoulders and say oh well
If the senate won't approve a spending bill then it really doesn't matter what the president wants. Its hardly the first time this has happened.

Eboue

Do you think Manchin cares more about Biden's approval than he does about getting re-elected?
Approval? You think that's how politics works? Manchin is a member of the presidents party and the president is a leader of the party. Manchin is blocking something the president explicitly campaigned on.

Let me ask you this, what would LBJ have done if he was faced with this scenario? The simple fact is that Biden and Sinema serve an important function in the Democratic party. The people that control the democratic party and their major donors do not want the things that democratic politicians claim to want. Now that the democrats control all three law making bodies they can't blame Republicans so they need Manchin and Sinema as reasons to explain why once again the democrats are breaking their campaign promises.

The final piece of the puzzle is credulous ordinary people such as yourself who constantly excuse inaction with scapegoats and vagaries about reconciliation and parliamentarians. This shit never happens with Republicans because the party leaders goals are in line with the majority of its voters. It's different for democrats because they are a front party for corporations and military contractors who have successfully positioned themselves as the supposed left party in this stupid country.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Approval? You think that's how politics works? Manchin is a member of the presidents party and the president is a leader of the party. Manchin is blocking something the president explicitly campaigned on.

Let me ask you this, what would LBJ have done if he was faced with this scenario? The simple fact is that Biden and Sinema serve an important function in the Democratic party. The people that control the democratic party and their major donors do not want the things that democratic politicians claim to want. Now that the democrats control all three law making bodies they can't blame Republicans so they need Manchin and Sinema as reasons to explain why once again the democrats are breaking their campaign promises.

The final piece of the puzzle is credulous ordinary people such as yourself who constantly excuse inaction with scapegoats and vagaries about reconciliation and parliamentarians. This shit never happens with Republicans because the party leaders goals are in line with the majority of its voters. It's different for democrats because they are a front party for corporations and military contractors who have successfully positioned themselves as the supposed left party in this stupid country.
Funny you should bring up LBJ. The CRA, in it's original form, was filibustered by LBJ's own party. It took the substitution of a weaker bill to gain enough votes to end the filibuster.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea

I don't know why you're accusing me of being credulous when I actually agree with you about the disconnect between the Democratic party and what voters actually want. Its literally the only reason Republicans still win majorities.

That doesnt however mean that the situation with the likes of Manchin is as simple as you make out. There is no common centrist any more than there's an identikit progressive. What Biden wants isn't the same as what Manchin wants, but because of the endless dance taking place there's a constant balancing of temporary alliances. The Democrats simply need Manchin right now and he'll take advantage of that for everything its worth. Sure in an ideal world they wouldn't be in a situation where they need him, but that world doesn't actually exist.

My issue with you isn't that I think you're wrong about how things should be, just that you seem to think because they aren't that way that there's no point in trying to achieve anything.

Dr. StrangeHate

I am going to guess most people here are from the UK. When Trump was president he did things that f'ed the whole world, and caught the attention of this forum more. With Biden, he is going to be doing things f'ing mostly Americans, so people care about it less.

entropy

I don't know why you're accusing me of being credulous when I actually agree with you about the disconnect between the Democratic party and what voters actually want. Its literally the only reason Republicans still win majorities.

That doesnt however mean that the situation with the likes of Manchin is as simple as you make out. There is no common centrist any more than there's an identikit progressive. What Biden wants isn't the same as what Manchin wants, but because of the endless dance taking place there's a constant balancing of temporary alliances. The Democrats simply need Manchin right now and he'll take advantage of that for everything its worth. Sure in an ideal world they wouldn't be in a situation where they need him, but that world doesn't actually exist.

My issue with you isn't that I think you're wrong about how things should be, just that you seem to think because they aren't that way that there's no point in trying to achieve anything.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
I am going to guess most people here are from the UK. When Trump was president he did things that f'ed the whole world, and caught the attention of this forum more. With Biden, he is going to be doing things f'ing mostly Americans, so people care about it less.
He's also going to be doing things that feck Americans less to be fair.

forevrared

The simple fact is that Biden and Sinema serve an important function in the Democratic party. The people that control the democratic party and their major donors do not want the things that democratic politicians claim to want. Now that the democrats control all three law making bodies they can't blame Republicans so they need Manchin and Sinema as reasons to explain why once again the democrats are breaking their campaign promises.

1000%

It's exactly why the Democrats will get less done controling the White House, Senate, and House than Republicans get done with 2/3 of those.

Eboue

See that's the thing. Its not me who says there's no point trying to achieve anything. It's the water carriers for the politicians who promise with no intention of delivering. The republican governor of West Virginia expressed support for expanded stimulus. It is a broadly popular program. And yet what did Biden do to make it happen? He didn't offer much of a carrot to Manchin and he surely didn't threaten the stick. He could have used the bully pulpit. He could have told people to stand outside Manchin's house. He could have stripped him of committee assignments. He could have withheld funding on other things Manchin supports. There's plenty of things he could have done but he didn't. Biden is the one not doing anything.

MTF

In 4 years all Trump got out of Congress was appointing judges and a tax cut that partly reverts in 10 years. He didn't get his border wall heavily funded, and was trying to divert funds from DOD to do it, and more importantly he didn't get rid of the ACA which was one of the main things he ran on (mainly because Obama's name is on it). McConnell put the partial repeal of the ACA to a vote and famously came up short with McCain not voting for it. So I don't know where this notion of "this never happens to Republicans" comes from.

Eboue

In 4 years all Trump got out of Congress was appointing judges and a tax cut that partly reverts in 10 years. He didn't get his border wall heavily funded, and was trying to divert funds from DOD to do it, and more importantly he didn't get rid of the ACA which was one of the main things he ran on (mainly because Obama's name is on it). McConnell put the partial repeal of the ACA to a vote and famously came up short with McCain not voting for it. So I don't know where this notion of "this never happens to Republicans" comes from.
He gutted the ACA to the point where it's no longer usable. It was never good to begin with but he killed most of the good there was.

Logged on to look at the health insurance options for 2019 on the marketplace. Here are the silver plans for 1 non smoker in their 20s in good health:

$358 premium, $4000 deductible
$428 premium, $5700 deductible
$444 premium, $3000 deductible
$447 premium, $7900 deductible
$448 premium, $3300 deductible
$495 premium, $650 deductible

here are the catastrophic plans which cover practically nothing

$251 premium, $7900 deductible
$314 premium, $7900 deductible

this is absolutely insane

Precaution

It's cheaper for me to fly to England to use the NHS than it is to even get a part of my deductible :lol: plus I get a holiday for a few weeks, win win.