The Biden Presidency

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
See that's the thing. Its not me who says there's no point trying to achieve anything. It's the water carriers for the politicians who promise with no intention of delivering. The republican governor of West Virginia expressed support for expanded stimulus. It is a broadly popular program. And yet what did Biden do to make it happen? He didn't offer much of a carrot to Manchin and he surely didn't threaten the stick. He could have used the bully pulpit. He could have told people to stand outside Manchin's house. He could have stripped him of committee assignments. He could have withheld funding on other things Manchin supports. There's plenty of things he could have done but he didn't. Biden is the one not doing anything.
Yeah. Kinda sad that Trump managed to get his wall started and lot more while biden can't eveb push a stimulus check

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
I am going to guess most people here are from the UK. When Trump was president he did things that f'ed the whole world, and caught the attention of this forum more. With Biden, he is going to be doing things f'ing mostly Americans, so people care about it less.
A full 30% of the trump presidency thread was pivot jokes so it makes sense that this isn't as active.
Add some 50% comments and jokes about Trump's personality, tweets, and appearances, as well as comments on interpersonal relations within the administration and ensuing theories about upcoming implosions, fights, reveals, and you have a thread that was incredibly light on actual policy comments and discussion. Cut all that away, and you have a posting frequency that's probably not very different from this thread.
In 4 years all Trump got out of Congress was appointing judges and a tax cut that partly reverts in 10 years. He didn't get his border wall heavily funded, and was trying to divert funds from DOD to do it, and more importantly he didn't get rid of the ACA which was one of the main things he ran on (mainly because Obama's name is on it). McConnell put the partial repeal of the ACA to a vote and famously came up short with McCain not voting for it. So I don't know where this notion of "this never happens to Republicans" comes from.
Trump was extremely combative, pig-headed, vain, and simply destructive on just about anything though. It wouldn't have been the same if the GOP had had someone from within their own ranks in place, be it a clever political operator or another figurehead-type figure like Bush Jr. Surely Biden fits more in the latter categories; his relation to the Democratic party and caucus is nothing like Trump's to the GOP's.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Think Joe needs a stairlift

Why he felt the need to almost jog up them before falling baffles me, I've seen him do it a few times, sort of jog when walking would be great, like he's trying to prove he's not old as feck.

decorativeed

I also put this in the US Politics thread, but I'll share here too, Gerald Ford falling down the steps getting off the plane over 40 years ago:

Seems to be a presidential tradition to make a tit of yourself getting on and off a plane.

Carolina Red

Staff
I also put this in the US Politics thread, but I'll share here too, Gerald Ford falling down the steps getting off the plane over 40 years ago:

Seems to be a presidential tradition to make a tit of yourself getting on and off a plane.
Funny thing is, Ford is probably the best athlete to become president. Played football for Michigan and won 2 national championships.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Interesting. I wonder if the constant beating his head took as a practice dummy contributed to his growing paranoia throughout his adult life.

Well he really did have to fight for everything he got in life unlike Kennedy who seemingly got it all handed to him. I think not being able to attend Harvard really burned him his whole life as he was frequently up against Ivy League elites. It's why he liked to humiliate Kissinger frequently.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout

Biden and his crew coming under increasing scrutiny and fire for their lack of transparency regarding issues at the border. Republicans like Cruz are jumping all over it too.

Blodssvik

The Biden plan is to strengthen repressive security forces to prevent migrants from leaving their home countries in the first place. Forced from their lands by US supported extractivism and struck down with violence trying to leave. But at least they won't end up at the US border and cause an eye sore for US liberals.

Sweet Square

It's almost like these people are in the same class as the republicans. If Pence did this people would be going crazy.

Somehow the Biden presidency might actually be more dystopian.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans

It's almost like these people are in the same class as the republicans. If Pence did this people would be going crazy.

Why are they wrapped in silver paper?

neverdie

Same as usual. Biden won the presidency and most of the media class and many self-identifying "liberals" now pretend like there's no problem.

DavidDeSchmikes

Some of the replies to tweets like this......

E.G

Drifter

American
Oh, the hypocrisy

Fox News host ignores Boulder mass shooting to ask Ted Cruz about Kamala Harris's laugh