The Biden Presidency

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout

Hmmm, remove the filibuster and It all goes away.

Will he do an Obama and try to be bipartisan? Or will he have the balls to force things through?

The Republicans didn't think twice before and wouldn't if they were in Joe's and the Dems position now.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

Hmmm, remove the filibuster and It all goes away.

Will he do an Obama and try to be bipartisan? Or will he have the balls to force things through?

The Republicans didn't think twice before and wouldn't if they were in Joe's and the Dems position now.
He doesn't''t have the votes to remove the filibuster.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
He doesn't''t have the votes to remove the filibuster.
Maybe someone out there who is more politically savvy than me can explain why the Dems can't just break HR1 into 30 (or whatever number of laws) separate bills, each one short and to the point, and bring those up for a vote. I know it will take a lot longer to do, but many of those provisions are wildly popular on both sides of the voting public. Make the R's filibuster them 1 by 1. It would demonstrate once and for all that they have no interest in bipartisanship, or governing in general.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
This is enraging and there is no excuse for it. The NG or FEMA could set up a tent city in days and the Army Corp of Engineers could likely erect semi-permanent buildings in weeks. We are far enough out from Trump that you can no longer blame it all on him, a portion, if not all, of this lies on Biden and his administration.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
This is enraging and there is no excuse for it. The NG or FEMA could set up a tent city in days and the Army Corp of Engineers could likely erect semi-permanent buildings in weeks. We are far enough out from Trump that you can no longer blame it all on him, a portion, if not all, of this lies on Biden and his administration.
Yep. We can erect camps in a couple of weeks. There are dismantled camps that probably could be reconstituted even quicker. This is unacceptable.

DavidDeSchmikes

whenever I go on Twitter and see a reporter posting a story about this, too many replies are like "well but Trump" and "leave Biden alone" and "why are you like this".

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
whenever I go on Twitter and see a reporter posting a story about this, too many replies are like "well but Trump" and "leave Biden alone" and "why are you like this".
I don't think Biden should be managing this directly, that's not his job, so it's one of 3 things:

1) This is his policy, and his underlings are doing what he wants.
2) This is the policy/incompetence of the person he put in charge.
3) The BP and ICE are ignoring orders and doing this themselves.

None of those 3 are acceptable. My bet is on option 2. He best fix it, now.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
I don't think Biden should be managing this directly, that's not his job, so it's one of 3 things:

1) This is his policy, and his underlings are doing what he wants.
2) This is the policy/incompetence of the person he put in charge.
3) The BP and ICE are ignoring orders and doing this themselves.

None of those 3 are acceptable. My bet is on option 2. He best fix it, now.
Hè shouldn't be managing this directly, but he can set priorities. If he says that wants to see a certain kind of improvement within x days, then it will be done. (As long as x is within reason.) Clearly, that's not the message of his administration to whoever can make it happen operationally.

Barnslig

I fell up some stairs once (maybe twice?). I ded too? :(
That's not the point though is it? The inconsistencies between reportings in the media on the guy we don't like, and the guy they do like is insane. Biden could've tumbled down those stairs and leftist media wouldve still portraid it positively. While the guy we don't like can't even have a glass of water without threats of impeachment.

Surely even the leftists in here can see how this is not a good thing?

SirAF

Ageist
That's not the point though is it? The inconsistencies between reportings in the media on the guy we don't like, and the guy they do like is insane. Biden could've tumbled down those stairs and leftist media wouldve still portraid it positively. While the guy we don't like can't even have a glass of water without threats of impeachment.

Surely even the leftists
in here can see how this is not a good thing?
Hm.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Wow. Please respect the people she says, while they are in there like fish in a barrel, and videotaping these conditions is supposed to be the disrespect? Unbelievable.
It seems strange but I can see how filming them and broadcasting it is disrespectful. If they were US citizens you'd need them to sign a waiver.

Barnslig

It seems strange but I can see how filming them and broadcasting it is disrespectful. If they were US citizens you'd need them to sign a waiver.
The disrespectful act in all of this is how these people are being treated, not shining a light on possible human rights violations.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
The disrespectful act in all of this is how these people are being treated, not shining a light on possible human rights violations.
Oh I don't disagree that the treatment they are being subjected to is disrespectful, it's downright terrible, but broadcasting their plight and the horrendous conditions they are enduring can also be seen as disrespectful. I doubt any of us would appreciate being filmed and shown to the world at our lowest ebb, even if the intention is to shine a light on the situation. The migrants should be asked for their consent to be filmed.

The Firestarter

Surely even the leftists in here can see how this is not a good thing?
Thank god the rightist media has been so honest. Someone has to tell it how it is.

Barnslig

Thank god the rightist media has been so honest. Someone has to tell it how it is.
Did I say that? Did I once say Fox news is the saviour in all of this? All media is fecked, especially the American ones. I just find it insanely inconsistent how the left keep peddling how their media is always right and everyone else is wrong.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Did I say that? Did I once say Fox news is the saviour in all of this? All media is fecked, especially the American ones. I just find it insanely inconsistent how the left keep peddling how their media is always right and everyone else is wrong.
Yet as far as I can tell, you're only showing up in Current Events threads to criticize anything leftist.

And to anticipate a point you might bring up again: a lot of people in here are criticizing Biden's work and the way some people are blindly following him while he's allowing some horrible stuff to happen. So we don't desperately need someone to finally provide that counter voice, that's not the reason.

Barnslig

Yet as far as I can tell, you're only showing up in Current Events threads to criticize anything leftist.

And to anticipate a point you might bring up again: a lot of people in here are criticizing Biden's work and the way some people are blindly following him while he's allowing some horrible stuff to happen. So we don't desperately need someone to finally provide that counter voice, that's not the reason.

Yeah because I have just seen for myself how incredibly inconsistent the leftist media and people are, and I now want to stick the knife in and see some of them squirm trying to do mental gymnastics defending the exact same actions from a guy they like, compared to a guy they didn't like.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Yeah because I have just seen for myself how incredibly inconsistent the leftist media and people are, and I now want to stick the knife in and see some of them squirm trying to do mental gymnastics defending the exact same actions from a guy they like, compared to a guy they didn't like.
So you're just trolling really, by your own words?

Also, what does posting on this forum have to do with getting back at leftist media and people? It's not like it's full of journalists and Biden apologists on here.

Finally, in response to an earlier comment, what is Biden doing worse than Trump? (Without meaning to imply that Biden is doing a great job, mind. I'm just curious how you compare the two.)

Barnslig

So you're just trolling really, by your own words?

Also, what does posting on this forum have to do with getting back at leftist media and people? It's not like it's full of journalists and Biden apologists on here.

Finally, in response to an earlier comment, what is Biden doing worse than Trump? (Without meaning to imply that Biden is doing a great job, mind. I'm just curious how you compare the two.)
:lol:
If asking people questions that ultimately shows their bias is trolling, then I guess so.

Bringing Democratic normalcy back to the Middle-East, ie. straight back to bombing them.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
:lol:
If asking people questions that ultimately shows their bias is trolling, then I guess so.

Bringing Democratic normalcy back to the Middle-East, ie. straight back to bombing them.
Well, you said yourself that you're showing up now to get back at the hypocritical leftists, and I'm just wondering where they are on here. But I don't expect you to engage seriously, that's obviously not your purpose in any of these threads. You're just scoring points - as you say yourself.

Barnslig

Well, you said yourself that you're showing up now to get back at the hypocritical leftists, and I'm just wondering where they are on here. But I don't expect you to engage seriously, that's obviously not your purpose in any of these threads. You're just scoring points - as you say yourself.
Wait, what? I didn't realise you were serious when you asked how posting on this forum gets back at "Biden apologists", as there are none on here? You must not have been around during the election. These forums are heavily left leaning.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Wait, what? I didn't realise you were serious when you asked how posting on this forum gets back at "Biden apologists", as there are none on here? You must not have been around during the election. These forums are heavily left leaning.
Yes, it is quite clearly left-leaning, and yes, people were rooting for Biden. That's not the same as being a Biden apologist though. Most of those people liked Biden because Trump was the alternative. And now they're critizing Biden for doing things poorly. I can't think of a lot of people on here that really loved and still love Biden for Biden. Can you?

Last edited:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
You’re shouting at straw men who don’t really exist on this forum. It’s very left leaning, yes, which is why Biden has been met with nothing but apprehension and regular criticism. He’s the Democrat leader and he’s not Trump but he’s also a centre right politician with some fairly horrible positions historically.

Everyone was happy Trump was out because he’s a corrupt and despicable human being but very few were happy it was Biden other than him being able to beat Trump. The reason people weren’t happy about it being him? For the reasons you’re currently criticising him and comparing his political actions/inactions to Trump.