The Biden Presidency

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
With each day that I see such atrocities keep on happening, my doubts about the world keep on overwhelming my hopes. The little kids must be going through hell. :(
Just seeing that one child just standing there, wobbling unsteadily as any young person would do even not being dropped from six feet, that’s tough to watch.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Just seeing that one child just standing there, wobbling unsteadily as any young person would do even not being dropped from six feet, that’s tough to watch.
I imagine what the parent's perspective is, that they would make that choice for their child rather than remaining in Ecuador or the other countries they come from. Granted the coyotes no doubt sell them a different narrative about the journey but they must be aware of the risks of crossing that southern border and still choose it over remaining where they're from.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I imagine what the parent's perspective is, that they would make that choice for their child rather than remaining in Ecuador or the other countries they come from. Granted the coyotes no doubt sell them a different narrative about the journey but they must be aware of the risks of crossing that southern border and still choose it over remaining where they're from.
No doubt. I can only imagine the spin the coyotes / cartels put on the trip, not to mention the undoubted blackmail once the children are being smuggled through Mexico.

Sweet Square

:lol:

I hate these people so much.

Republicans: "BUILD THE WALL"
Democrats: "BUILD [clap hand emoji] THE [ clap hand emoji] WALL[clap hand emoji] #BLM #Resist #khive #yasqueen
It was 100% expected but it's still disheartening to see the people who cried fascism and had their eyeballs glued to the television screen for the last 4 years, dropped all of it because the guy with the blue tie is now the president. If there's one defining feature of modern liberalism it's a belief in absolutely nothing.

Simbo

'The Wall' doesn't exist, never will. In the sense that it was a batshit idea, for political spin only, to construct a wall accross the entire 2,000 mile border... Still being used as a political football evidently.

What Trump's actually done is just replaced a lot of the existing old fencing and extended it a bit. There were 645 miles of barriers pre-Trump, there are now 694 miles - https://cdn.factcheck.org/UploadedFiles/CBP-Border-Wall-Status-Paper_as-of-12182020_FINAL.pdf

Why wouldn't they "plug any gaps" in the existing fencing? Taxpayer money has paid for it, it serves some purpose I imagine seeing as the US has always had fencing in these areas. What is there needs to be maintained, although I'm sure Biden's admin can find a better use for the 15 feckin billion raised for this project.

DavidDeSchmikes

:lol:

I hate these people so much.

It was 100% expected but it's still disheartening to see the people who cried fascism and had their eyeballs glued to the television screen for the last 4 years, dropped all of it because the guy with the blue tie is now the president. If there's one defining feature of modern liberalism it's a belief in absolutely nothing.
at least we have good manners, decorum and decency ™ back.
Tbf to Biden, he has only been in office for a handful of months taking over a country reeling from the Trump presidency, but we've gone from "kids in cages, these concentration camp", crying reporters etc.. to actually they are facilities that say 'hola' and asking journalists to stop reporting on the issues at the border.

"now do Trump" and "where were you when Trump" are two twitter replies to journalists that really irritate me

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
The thing about this is whether orders had already gone in during Trump admin.

Enter into contracts and this far along in the supply chain, there is feck all you can do otherwise you kop a lawsuit against you and then have to pay out the same money for the material.
This is probably the case. We are talking hundreds of millions of dollars in contracted material, highly doubt such contracts were just spun up in the past three months.

This smacks a bit of criticizing the Biden admin for maternity flight suits. That was approved in 2019.

Sweet Square

The thing about this is whether orders had already gone in during Trump admin.

Enter into contracts and this far along in the supply chain, there is feck all you can do otherwise you kop a lawsuit against you and then have to pay out the same money for the material.
This is probably the case. We are talking hundreds of millions of dollars in contracted material, highly doubt such contracts were just spun up in the past three months.

This smacks a bit of criticizing the Biden admin for maternity flight suits. That was approved in 2019.
The writer has updated the article

These are two charts that provide more context than a previous version, due to popular demand/me taking a lot of shit for only showing four quarters of 1033 finance. Let me remind you all that this analysis takes a really long time. That said, here is what you get when you look at 33 quarters.

Key findings:

Quarterly average of 1033 (controlled) transfers from 2013-2016: $61,027,937

…from 2017-2020: $29,766,929

…during Q1 of 2021: $33,506,765

The military equipment police have received through the 1033 program is now Biden’s policy. By him not doing anything about it makes it Biden’s problem.

The Defense Logistics Agency released its quarterly update last week, indicating that nearly $34 in military gear went to police through the first quarter of this year (up from $12 million from last quarter—or up $9 million from Q3 2020 or up $10 million from Q2 2020). Biden didn’t respond in any way—that’s a tacit endorsement/approval. Nor did he do anything about the $1.4bn+ already out there since 2013 when he took office. He sided with police unions instead.

1033 transfers aren’t like arms export sales. The military gear that flows through 1033 is on a conditional loan, the matériel can be taken back. Biden can order it to be done himself, without Congress. He has not. This chart reflects his policy decision:

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
I’m pretty sure that America could solve the bulk of the border problems with a policy along the lines of “5 Years in Prison for anyone that employs someone without a Visa”.

Sure, it would involve shining a light on all the average Americans that happily exploit immigrants.

They need immigrants. They need to give out more Visas. Instead they vilify the people they exploit to placate the racist society that happily employs them to do things they won’t.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
I’m pretty sure that America could solve the bulk of the border problems with a policy along the lines of “5 Years in Prison for anyone that employs someone without a Visa”.

Sure, it would involve shining a light on all the average Americans that happily exploit immigrants.

They need immigrants. They need to give out more Visas. Instead they vilify the people they exploit to placate the racist society that happily employs them to do things they won’t.
I think its currenty up to 6 months in prison and a fine of £3,000 dollars per person employed increasing up to 10 years in prison (If activley trying to hide it) and £16,000 per person employed

so I dunno if a 5 year sentence is going to do that much?

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
That could go in the ‘I want your pets’ thread.

Look at the little Q-tip head on the right of the pic.

Sweet Square

It might actually be a bit less

Also we should return to Obama levels argument really tells you how much power progressive have atm.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
It might actually be a bit less

Also we should return to Obama levels argument really tells you how much power progressive have atm.
How about we cut 200 billion and use it as seed money for M4A?

Insane amount of money for a military and an indictment on us as a country and as a species.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

Insane amount of money for a military and an indictment on us as a country and as a species.
MIC tentacles are too thoroughly disseminated into every portion of this country for that to ever happen, unfortunately.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.

Jeez. I got all excited at the prospect and then remembered that M4A stands for medicare for all not the M4A1 carbine.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
So do you have to be against pharmacare now, to make sure it doesn't take the US too long to catch up?
Won't make a difference. I am confident that half my abomination of a country would rather everyone die than help out their fellow citizens.