The Biden Presidency

Revan

Assumptionman
Thats right. You don't care about the people whose lives Biden ruined.
His vote for the Iraqi war wouldn't have even mattered, considering that 76 other senators voted for him. So, putting the blame for millions of lives destroyed cause of Biden is hypocritical.

As it is you putting the blame on Biden for the crime bill, but giving a pass to Sanders who voted for the same bill.

Dobba

His vote for the Iraqi war wouldn't have even mattered, considering that 76 other senators voted for him. So, putting the blame for millions of lives destroyed cause of Biden is hypocritical.

As it is you putting the blame on Biden for the crime bill, but giving a pass to Sanders who voted for the same bill.
Why say 'wouldn't have mattered' when you clearly don't think it matters now?

Revan

Assumptionman
Why say 'wouldn't have mattered' when you clearly don't think it matters now?
WTF? If Biden votes against, the bill would have still passed.

The blame is in Bush, Cheney, and co., not in some random senator who voted for it.

Dobba

The blame is in Bush, Cheney, and co., not in some random senator who voted for it.
No, it's on every one of the cnuts who voted for it.

Biden gets a cherry on top of his personal pile of corpses for his role as chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.

Last edited:

Revan

Assumptionman
Whether his vote was the decider or not is moot. He still voted for the war.
Yes, and it was a pretty terrible vote for a pretty terrible thing. At the end of the day though, if he voted against, the same exact thing would have happened.

Was Biden smart, nice, or just not a total twat for voting for it? Of course, not, it was a pretty much disgusting thing to do (even without the benefit of hindsight). But still, that vote does not make him responsible for millions of lives destroyed.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me

Cheney not supporting it wouldn't have mattered considering the president supported it. So, putting the blame for millions of lives destroyed cause of Cheney is hypocritical

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Is this the thread when we take the piss out of @Eboue and @entropy ?
I think the chances are bigger that they'll be in here rubbing in how uninspiring Biden's presidency is and that it's not leftist in any reasonable sense of the word. I mean, I'm happy Trump didn't get reelected, but if you think Biden is going to prove Entropy or Eboue wrong on him, then I 100% expect you to get disappointed.

Dobba

I guess he went by what the intelligence officials told him.
Did they tell him to invite only enormously pro-WMD bullshit speakers to the Senate hearings about it, leading to no sceptical views on the claims Iraq possessed WMDs which he'd later point to to argue that they definitely had them, in his role as chairman of the Foreign Relations Committee too? Those bastards.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Cheney not supporting it wouldn't have mattered considering the president supported it. So, putting the blame for millions of lives destroyed cause of Cheney is hypocritical
To be fair, Cheney had more motive to want a second war in Iraq from his time as Secretary of Defence and was instrumental in making it happen. As such, he could be considered to carry slightly more culpability than those who voted to approve it.

Dr. StrangeHate

Did they tell him to invite only enormously pro-WMD bullshit speakers to the Senate hearings about it, in his role as chairman of the Foreign Relations Committee too? Those bastards.
I don't know much about it other than it was an illegal war. Is there a good read about it and the role of Biden in it.

Drifter

American
Schumer was just on, talking about bold new policies, keep hearing this. What are they?

Oldham

If this's the best USA has to offer, then surely they are the greatest country on earth!!!

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
To be fair, Cheney had more motive to want a second war in Iraq from his time as Secretary of Defence and was instrumental in making it happen. As such, he could be considered to carry slightly more culpability than those who voted to approve it.
Would be interesting to finally unseal the Energy Task Force’s policy papers to see how much more motive Cheney could have had for the war.

Untd55

Why are people so excited by a person who is funded by Naral? Naral are an abortion agency that supports abortion up to birth when babies are fully formed. I don't get why anyone would so excited when supported by something so sick.