Television The Book of Boba Fett

choccy77

Should have been May 5th. They have missed an excellent marketing opportunity
May the 4th you mean.

Disney have another show ending that day, so clearly didn't want Kenobi taking away the focus.

Disney will probably run their trailer on the 4th instead (if they don't do a Superbowl ad)

Revan

Assumptionman
Actually liked the finale. Saying that, I do not think there is a need for another season of this.

A bit surprised by Mando-Grogu reunion. I thought that Grogu at least for the next season is gonna stay with Luke. Very interesting to see how they are gonna continue their adventures, and even more interested about the Ahsoka show (one of my favorite SW characters).

Kenobi coming in May is also cool. Love Kenobi, but please, I do not want a reunion with Vader in that TV show.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
That was a really bad finale. Deī ex machina, one after another after another... The syndicate are dumber than a rancor, nothing has any consequences (only 2 poor goblins died despite Boba completely fecking up preparations for the syndicate's order 66 moment) and even Cad Bane loses his life due to a boring "bad guy speech" trope. The fight has no pace whatsoever.

The season overall was pretty meh — I liked a couple of series although only 1 of those, I think, was dedicated to Fett. They really didn't explore his character development — his whole transformation from a ruthless bounty hunter to an all-round great altruistic guy was basically concentrated in his training montage with the sand people.

Meh.

choccy77

They really love Tattooine as a setting don't they?
Well, they don't really have a choice with Obi Series :lol:

It's a shame they kept Boba on Tatooine, because it would have been a better show out in space.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Well, they don't really have a choice with Obi Series :lol:

It's a shame they kept Boba on Tatooine, because it would have been a better show out in space.
I think the ending sets up the possibility of season 2 with Boba, Fennec & Krrsantan leaving Tatooine & doing some actual bounty hunting.

Norman Brownbutter

ask him about his bath time mishap
Just finished my binge and it was alright. By the end of it I felt like I was watching Mando season 2.5 than the book of boba fett. He was pretty much a side character in his own story. I didnt really like what they did to Boba. Was thinking we were going to be getting more of an ruthless anti hero that shot first and then shot again just to make sure your day was fecked. Instead we got low key dances with wolves type thing. By the time Episode 5 came around I was pretty meh about it. But Ep 5 was brilliant. 6 and 7 were good too, although the finale seemed a bit too contrived for my tastes.

But the biggest crime, IMO, is those fecking throw back to the 60s mod scene cnuts. Absolutely pulled me right out of the show when they appeared. Utterly ridiculous looking. They might have worked, or at least made more sense, in a city setting like Coruscant. But in a back water desert planet, its just stupid looking. Whoever came up with that idea needs sacked, and sacked hard.

Amarsdd

Thought the finale was shit and mostly hilarious. Not sure if it was meant to be that, though. I especially laughed out loud when that one-eyed mod dude did a 360 before a blaster shot while helping the wookie dude.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I can't bring myself to watch Disney Wars, but I've seen that the actor who plays Boba has called out the terrible writing? Mark Hamill is not alone.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Thought the finale was shit and mostly hilarious. Not sure if it was meant to be that, though. I especially laughed out loud when that one-eyed mod dude did a 360 before a blaster shot while helping the wookie dude.
Same, it was certainly the highlight of the finale :lol:

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Same, it was certainly the highlight of the finale :lol:
That and nobody ever using the shitload of houses around them for cover... Or Boba and Mando using their jetpacks to land in the fecking open ground to be shot at from every possible angle :houllier:

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
The woke biker gang looks so out of place, what a stupid addition to the story. Theyve got feckin floating colourful Vespas ffs.

Entertaining enough of a finale though

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I'm 20 minutes into this last episode and its so bad. The acting, the dialogue, the pacing and the cinematography's so flat , should I stick with it ?

GBBQ

Some of it was great. I just don’t get why Boba needed to be such an outright good guy though, have him be an anti hero.

Some of the dialogue is just pants as well. There was some god awful ‘pot calling the kettle black’ version that was just so forced.

Temuera Morrison was too old for the part. Boba is surely only 15-20 years older than Luke. Which would put him in his 40s.

Revan

Assumptionman
Some of it was great. I just don’t get why Boba needed to be such an outright good guy though, have him be an anti hero.

Some of the dialogue is just pants as well. There was some god awful ‘pot calling the kettle black’ version that was just so forced.

Temuera Morrison was too old for the part. Boba is surely only 15-20 years older than Luke. Which would put him in his 40s.
He should be 41-42 or so (32BBY + 3 years during OT + 6 years after RotJ). At the same time, I think that clones might age earlier, at least this is shown in the Clone Wars/Rebels TV show.

I think that they completely rewrote Boba's character. As you said, he should have been an anti-hero, like in the old EU. Here, he went from the best bounty hunter in the galaxy, to a really nice guy in space of 5 minutes. The problem though, is that they had Mando already as a kind of an anti-hero. To be fair, they had Mando what everyone imagined Boba to be.

choccy77

Boba was around 10 approximately at the time of Attack of the Clones.

There is a 20 year gap between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope. (Luke is 19) - these are all rough ages from top of my head, but you get the idea.

choccy77

He should be 41-42 or so (32BBY + 3 years during OT + 6 years after RotJ). At the same time, I think that clones might age earlier, at least this is shown in the Clone Wars/Rebels TV show.

I think that they completely rewrote Boba's character. As you said, he should have been an anti-hero, like in the old EU. Here, he went from the best bounty hunter in the galaxy, to a really nice guy in space of 5 minutes. The problem though, is that they had Mando already as a kind of an anti-hero. To be fair, they had Mando what everyone imagined Boba to be.
Yeah TM is basically 20 years too old for the role, they could have either de-aged him or used another actor (Daniel Logan) as Boba fully or just a mix of him and de-aged.

Or just kept the helmet on and problem solved.

Revan

Assumptionman
Yeah TM is basically 20 years too old for the role, they could have either de-aged him or used another actor (Daniel Logan) as Boba fully or just a mix of him and de-aged.

Or just kept the helmet on and problem solved.
The problem is that we saw that with Mando.

Him too old is consistent with clones ageing faster. But then he is not a regular clone so who knows. I think an even bigger problem is that the actor is not that good. In all honesty, they should have just had Mando as Boba Fett.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Boba should've continued to be a side character in the Mando series.

edit: oh, and that Twi'lek Majordomo is so damn irritable and unfunny.

Last edited:

Moston Red

Formerly Giggs1973
I really loved this series.

I’m 50 and when I was a kid collecting Star Wars figures, Boba Fett was a rare figure. I managed to get one and then one of my sneaky friends stole it from me. I was gutted, but eventually I was able to get another Boba Fett character.

I remember my mum and dad sold my whole collection to a guy they met in Asda! I pretty much had all the figures and the millennium falcon. I think they got about £20 for everything. Probably a decent amount in the mid eighties:confused:

dove

I don't understand why it had to be a new series as it's basically the season 3 of Mandalorian because Boba is a side character. If not for the appearance of Mandalorian and Grogu, this would have been extremely average. Mandalorian saved the season but most likely only temporarily as it's really hard to see any future for it, seems like they have completely ran out of ideas after the 2nd episode, nothing interesting is really happening. So unless Boba will remain the side character, this spin off is probably not going to be very successful.

The writing is mostly hilariously bad, teen gang look so out of place it's laughable and the less said about the season finale the better. Yea there was a decent amount of action but it was painfully stupid and made no sense. Bad guys complete inability to aim is well documented in Star Wars universe but this was some next level stuff :lol: Surely all of them, including the machines must have been blind, no other explanation.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
It was a typical SW finale. Lots of fluff and no content. Even Grogu couldn't save it! All it did was made sure everyone had their moment of fame.
After all this time, they really should be able to do battle scenes better. Was rank amateurish. Looks like everyone in SW Universe except those with Beskar armor are one shot kills!

Overall a mildly entertaining series that promised more and delivered far less.

GueRed

I’m 50 and when I was a kid collecting Star Wars figures, Boba Fett was a rare figure. I managed to get one and then one of my sneaky friends stole it from me. I was gutted, but eventually I was able to get another Boba Fett character.

I remember my mum and dad sold my whole collection to a guy they met in Asda! I pretty much had all the figures and the millennium falcon. I think they got about £20 for everything. Probably a decent amount in the mid eighties:confused:
That's proper nspcc shit. Unforgiveable

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
This show was strange. Some good and some bad episodes. The two Mando focused episodes were a clear step up in everything. I don't know why that was the case but it was. I wouldn''t mind another season. I would like it bit more focused, though.

I enjoyed some parts the last episode but I would have loved to have see Tusken's get involved in the fight after what happened to that tribe.

I was disappointed to see Grogu team up with Mando so soon after the end end of S2. We don't even know how long he was with Luke. I would have liked them kept apart for all of season 3.

SoCross

I enjoyed the season. Especially like the scenes with the Tuskens.

Edit; however do have a grouse with how they brought back Grogu so soon.After all the build up to training him as a Jedi...

VanDeBank

Ma’am

Sounds like a truly traumatic experience :(

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Strange series. Enjoyed it overall....because its Star Wars. But quite a bit of the writing and production value in particular just seems.....off? Which is surprising because the budget must be pretty substantial.

I agree with those who say the Mando episodes were a clear step up in terms of production value. Don't really know why that was the case though.

choccy77

Strange series. Enjoyed it overall....because its Star Wars. But quite a bit of the writing and production value in particular just seems.....off? Which is surprising because the budget must be pretty substantial.

I agree with those who say the Mando episodes were a clear step up in terms of production value. Don't really know why that was the case though.
Better directors too

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Jabba would be a good coming of age story.
How he went from being a porky little human to evolve into a big ,fat gooey slug monster.

RedDevilRoshi

Didn’t live up to the hype which was disappointing. Finale was executed very poorly.

Sylar

It was ok

The mandalorian and grogu (and Luke) made the show better but was also a crutch.
It took away from the main character.

The mandalorian episodes could have been a 2.5 two shot episode bonus deal. They should have focused more on Boba, the flashback stuff was great.

Think a cross over with mandalorian should have been saved for season two

Widow

Just finished ep3 and it's bang avarage so far. The action is minimal, the acting is avareat best and the 'car chase' has to be the slowest in history.

I find it a real issue that Disney make these shows for the younger generation. We need a little more in the fight scenes and maybe the odd f bomb.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Overall the show was ok - obviously loved all the Mando episodes - I'd not be rushing to watch it if they made a second season however I probably would because I'd be worried about missing out on Asoka, Mando stuff. Boba Fett as a character isn't very interesting unfortunately.