Television The Book of Boba Fett

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Luke looked incredible. So much better then the end of Mando S2

I thought the Jedi were going to be more relaxed after the fall of the empire? Luke himself had tons of attachments in the original trilogy and they only made him stronger as a Jedi... Made me think the boring rules oriented jedi were just for the prequels.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I didn't realize next week is the finale. We've only had 30 seconds of Boba Fett in the last two episodes. I hope he gets some good scenes on Wednesday.

decorativeed

I'm rewatching episode 4 with my kids, as they're behind on it. I'd almost forgotten the part where Uncle Fester, err, I mean the Galaxy's Greatest Bounty Hunter® does a passable impression of Mr Bean as he struggles to catch a baby robot in a kitchen.

There have been so many missteps in this thing.

Last edited:

Sylar

The last two episodes were great but it really was mando season 3 or season 2 bonus :lol:

We need more fett and fennec as well.
Though I'd never complain about seeing grogu

Also with the timeline and all, and grogu not appearing in any movies... That means something bad happens to him right? :nervous:

SuperiorXI

The last two episodes were great but it really was mando season 3 or season 2 bonus :lol:

Also with the timeline and all, and grogu not appearing in any movies... That means something bad happens to him right? :nervous:
Yeah he's gonna get murdered big time

One of the fat arse slugs probably catch him and eat him

Revan

Assumptionman

I don’t think they’ll kill him, to be fair. For example, they did not kill Ahsoka in Rebels despite that it makes no sense her being alive but somehow sitting out of the final conflict in the main trilogy.

Also, there are other Jedi alive (next to Luke) during the events of the original trilogy, but they just happened to not fight the Empire. They could easily send Grogu to meditate in some planet a year or so before Ben destroys Luke’s academy.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
I found that to be a weird episode. The space western stuff was fine, but the whole Luke and Grogu thing was a bit shit.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
Cad Bane stepping into the episode was very awesome.

Really love what they are doing with all the new Stars Wars content!

GBBQ

I found that to be a weird episode. The space western stuff was fine, but the whole Luke and Grogu thing was a bit shit.
I guess they were trying to show that before he went and tried to kill Kylo Ren and became bitter about the force that he was a dedicated instructor for a time. What it had got to do with Boba Fett though is anyone’s guess

SuperiorXI

I guess they were trying to show that before he went and tried to kill Kylo Ren and became bitter about the force that he was a dedicated instructor for a time. What it had got to do with Boba Fett though is anyone’s guess
Because the little green dude is gonna be the Deus Ex Machina for the Mandalorian in the final episode with his OP chainmail, he'll save the day only to get squished by one of the Hutts.

Then it will fade in to Luke who will say "I told you so" showing how the way of the Jedi is the only true path, the show will end with Luke winking at the camera and breaking the third wall and then it will fade out to credits.

dinostar77

In regards to luke Skywalker, why not hire someone to play him, rather than this deep fake crap. As good as it is, the emotions dont come across and its all abit wooden.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
In regards to luke Skywalker, why not hire someone to play him, rather than this deep fake crap. As good as it is, the emotions dont come across and its all abit wooden.
Fan service is more important to them than acting.

cafecillos

Yep, the Luke and Grogu scenes were wooden as feck, and Luke's voice sounded really hammy. I don't know, a tiny practical special effects toy jumping around and a deep-fake faced guy being super wise didn't work for me at all.

choccy77

The Book of Boba Fett, is being used to tie up many threads, before they all split into the new shows.

It's easier to do this in the way they have, so that they can leave the individual shows to explore their own stories.

It's why they didn't go straight into Mando season 3.

It's just a shame that the Boba Fett we wanted to see, they basically made that guy the Mandalorian.

But I trust DF & JF.

It's a shame the Finale is being directed by the worst director of this series so far :houllier:

Sylar

Does it get better? First three episodes were tripe. Mandaboreian amirite.
If you liked Madalorian you will like the last two episodes for sure

I don’t think they’ll kill him, to be fair. For example, they did not kill Ahsoka in Rebels despite that it makes no sense her being alive but somehow sitting out of the final conflict in the main trilogy.

Also, there are other Jedi alive (next to Luke) during the events of the original trilogy, but they just happened to not fight the Empire. They could easily send Grogu to meditate in some planet a year or so before Ben destroys Luke’s academy.
That's fair and makes sense (well you make sense rather than people not helping ha)

evil_geko

I didn't mind the finale, a bit weaker than previous two episodes but it was fine. I find hilarious seeing SW fandom moan about how much they hate Mods and want them to die. :lol:

Also, is Cad Bane really dead? I think he is supposed to be dead, making Boba Fett killing him be worthy etc. but I have a feeling they will bring him back somehow just because of how popular he is.

evil_geko

Rodriguez shouldn't be allowed near Star Wars again tbh.
Why? He wasn't the writer, only director. All the complains I saw are because of writing. The finale was a big action piece, which makes sense to give it to Rodriguez.

Send your complains to Jon Favreau instead, it's funny how when episodes are great, Jon and Dave get the praises, but when people don't like an episode, director is at fault.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Thought it was good from an action standpoint. We got a lot out of it. It was never going to be Luke training Grogu every week.

I won't be sad if that's the last time we see the Power Rangers in the show again. Weird additions.

choccy77

Why? He wasn't the writer, only director. All the complains I saw are because of writing. The finale was a big action piece, which makes sense to give it to Rodriguez.

Send your complains to Jon Favreau instead, it's funny how when episodes are great, Jon and Dave get the praises, but when people don't like an episode, director is at fault.
You can have a great story and it's ruined by a bad director.

Problem with Rodriguez, he ha sonly one style of directing and it hurts this show, especially when the spotlight is glaring on it, for not being what people wanted or expected it to be.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Thought it was a good finale. I enjoyed the season as a whole

evil_geko

You can have a great story and it's ruined by a bad director.

Problem with Rodriguez, he ha sonly one style of directing and it hurts this show, especially when the spotlight is glaring on it, for not being what people wanted or expected it to be.
Yes, it can be ruined, but this was far from terrible direction, it was nothing special, but my point was lots of people blaming literally only Rodriguez here.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I feel the series lost its way a bit when they switched focus to Mando & Grogu. The finale felt a bit rushed after a slow pace to the first 4 episodes, which I enjoyed to that point.

Boba going through all that trouble only to say he’s not suited for it was random. I guess that means Cobb Vanth will take over Mos Espa once he recovers. Cad Bane’s scenes were my favourite part. Rancor effects were cool.

Overall, I think it was a decent series, but not as good as I expected.

Grogu was always going to come back - he’s too marketable for Disney to have him away from season 3 Mando. But, imo, it takes away from the journey they went on in season 2 to get him to Luke in the first place.

lilcurt

After really enjoying the early start to the season I feel it lost its way and in the end appeared as the Mando btech spinoff it probably is.

I think I was a mistake to kill off all the tuskens, that dynamic was really interesting.

While I loved the Mando and Grogu episodes for what they were, they detracted from the Boba series. I really think they could of bought Mando back for the finale with dedicated and episode or needing Grogu at all. With the end of the episode not really teasing what comes next for those two, they really could have left the reunion for Mando season 3.

That being said, the action pieces were nice, if not a little Dr Who action where nothing truly feels kenetic.

I'd give the series a 3/5 overall.
Not sure it has legs for a dedicated season 2

dinostar77

There really shouldnt be a season 2.

Who was in the bacta tank for the extra scene post credits?