Television The Book of Boba Fett

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
TM is every clone and he is Jango and he is Boba.
He is the right age given the story narrative and the recent trauma and living in the dessert for a year or so, to look more aged.
I know that. It just doesn't matter in any fundamental sense. The whole 'Boba Fett is a clone' plotline is silly and few people care about it. Boba Fett is just a guy in a cool armor.

Last edited:

lilcurt

Really enjoyed episode 4, wish there were more episodes in a season as already feel this is on the home straight now in terms of what is being setup.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Enjoyed that episode. I’ve liked the pace of the show so far, seen a few people criticise it but they’re building the story of what’s to come & have given context to what’s happened.

I’m excited for Boba to go shopping with his credits :drool:

choccy77

Enjoyed that episode. I’ve liked the pace of the show so far, seen a few people criticise it but they’re building the story of what’s to come & have given context to what’s happened.

I’m excited for Boba to go shopping with his credits :drool:
Haha yeah

Also there is due to be a big surprise of some kind coming so will be interesting to see what happens.

Think some familiar faces coming in next episode on his shopping spree as hinted by the music.

lilcurt

Haha yeah

Also there is due to be a big surprise of some kind coming so will be interesting to see what happens.

Think some familiar faces coming in next episode on his shopping spree as hinted by the music.
As long as they don't force (excuse the pun) a Jedi into the show. I'm really enjoying the universe without the Jedi/Sith dynamic.

I also don't want these shows to become like arrowverse or Marvel whereby you have cameos from characters from other shows each season.

choccy77

As long as they don't force (excuse the pun) a Jedi into the show. I'm really enjoying the universe without the Jedi/Sith dynamic.

I also don't want these shows to become like arrowverse or Marvel whereby you have cameos from characters from other shows each season.
Have to trust Filoni will make it right.

decorativeed

Only just got around to watching the fourth episode, after the third was so bad it put me off. There was a lot of absolute shit in this episode too, but they brought it round by the end.

Some of the art direction in this show has been utterly abysmal. The power-ranger Joan Jett gang from last week and this week's generic cyberpunks being chief offenders. They make the whole thing look cheap as shit, like Doctor Who at its worst.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Only just got around to watching the fourth episode, after the third was so bad it put me off. There was a lot of absolute shit in this episode too, but they brought it round by the end.

Some of the art direction in this show has been utterly abysmal. The power-ranger Joan Jett gang from last week and this week's generic cyberpunks being chief offenders. They make the whole thing look cheap as shit, like Doctor Who at its worst.
The shot of the Bantha eating was also terrible - looked like they'd created the mouth from cardboard.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
I liked episode 5 a lot. It's my favorite of the season, by far and Boba was not in it! Bryce Dallas Howard is really good. It did a nice job of filling in the history of the darksaber, for people unaware.

It lost some momentum once we go to the ship building part, though.

And was it just me or was the production of a higher quality for this? Visuals were a step up from previous episode's. It looked great.

I'm betting we see Grogu in the season finale.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
It did look more visually impressive. Maybe this was shot during the Mandalorian ?

Swedish_Plumber

Clearly the best episode yet but it’s not really an episode of this show…

Just gets me hyped for what’s to come in the future with everything Mando. I really enjoyed it.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
I have loved it up to todays episode. Todays was good but was just an episode of the Mandalorian.

It’s interesting to see so many different options of the show so far. It’s pretty much hit all the right notes for me but I know many have not been into it at all

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I have loved it up to todays episode. Todays was good but was just an episode of the Mandalorian.

It’s interesting to see so many different options of the show so far. It’s pretty much hit all the right notes for me but I know many have not been into it at all
I loved that though. So many nice little Easter eggs as well. Loving his new ship as well.

I’d rather watch this and The Mandalorian than any of the new trilogy movies.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
I mean, a whole episode of a Boba Fett series is on a character who has his own show, and no Fett at all? Wow they really didn't have much of an idea how to make this. Shame as I was so excited for Boba' story to be told.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
The contrast in quality in today's episode was stark, far superior to the last 4.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Really enjoyed that episode. As others have said, it looked visually much better than the Boba episodes so far. Enjoyed them explaining the darksaber stuff & loads of easter eggs!

However, I'm not sure why they dedicated that entire episode to Mando within the context of this show. I think the opening scene would've been enough & then they focus back on the stuff at Mos Espa. Not complaining as it was a good watch, but slightly confused how it fits in & if they'll also focus next week on Mando?!

Robertd0803

That was a really good episode of The Mandalorian. As an episode of Boba Fett not so much....

Oldyella

That was a great episode, but just shows that the Mandalorian was much more enjoyable than this has been. Oh and kudos to Bryce Dallas Howard.

choccy77

When The best episode of the series by a mile is one featuring a completely different show, you know you have failed.

This was a brilliant episode and might just as well have been Season 3 of Mando.

The difference between the two shows is obvious and Mando is what people wanted and got with cherries.

It's a shame they lost sight of what people loved about Boba Fett but its Disneys fault ultimately and its obvious the rest of this series is gonna be filled with other characters we want in order to perhaps save it.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
When The best episode of the series by a mile is one featuring a completely different show, you know you have failed.

This was a brilliant episode and might just as well have been Season 3 of Mando.

The difference between the two shows is obvious and Mando is what people wanted and got with cherries.

It's a shame they lost sight of what people loved about Boba Fett but its Disneys fault ultimately and its obvious the rest of this series is gonna be filled with other characters we want in order to perhaps save it.
Totally agree. I don't know if this is part of a long term plan but Mando is just so much better to watch, Fett is completely ruined so far in this series.

Maybe there is a big change coming but it will need it to continue on it's own. Mando just proved it is gold in one episode even after Baby Yoda - but notice how whatever they forged was wrapped up in a cloth that looked like a Yoda head?

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
I never understood where his reputation came from in the first place. All I recall from the Original Trilogy was him giving up the high-ground and jet-packing straight into Luke for a casual merking.
Toys.

Back when Empire came out and they were releasing tons of action figures, which were super cool to all us 80s kids, Boba Fett was a cool-looking action figure. Plus, the rare first edition had a jetpack that shot out a missile! That was super cool stuff when you were a kid in 1981 (the new generation won't get that). So between Empire and Return, kids all started to love him as this bad-ass bounty hunter who piloted a unique ship.

Mercurial

Toys.

Back when Empire came out and they were releasing tons of action figures, which were super cool to all us 80s kids, Boba Fett was a cool-looking action figure. Plus, the rare first edition had a jetpack that shot out a missile! That was super cool stuff when you were a kid in 1981 (the new generation won't get that). So between Empire and Return, kids all started to love him as this bad-ass bounty hunter who piloted a unique ship.
This is the way.

dinostar77

Totally agree. I don't know if this is part of a long term plan but Mando is just so much better to watch, Fett is completely ruined so far in this series.

Maybe there is a big change coming but it will need it to continue on it's own. Mando just proved it is gold in one episode even after Baby Yoda - but notice how whatever they forged was wrapped up in a cloth that looked like a Yoda head?
He did ask for armour to be forged for grogu. Plus luke will probably help him wield the darksaber. Only gotta wait till autumn of this year for next mando episode :(

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Also love how well Pascal is perfecting his young Clint Eastwood voice.

Oldyella

Shame he lost the spear, I know he has the dark sabre but the spear on his back looked bad ass.

ChaddyP

It says a lot when everyone here says the best episode is essentially a bonus mando episode!
I havent minded the last 4 episodes, i just really love anything to do with Din Djarin and his actually character that this episode would have been a winner for me no matter what. It definitely was the best one yet and im more interested to see where the series goes

lilcurt

Think people in here are a little harsh on the Boba episodes, I've enjoyed seeing the story develop and like pretty much everything other than the power ranger bike chase!

Is Mando the better show, 100%. And this episode did prove that, but it doesn't make Boba bad.

They have kind of written themselves into a hole for Boba and Mando. Boba was meant to be the best bounty hunter in the universe, that would have been great to see. They can't do that however as that is now Mando's series. Therefore they have grounded Boba as an OG who wants to build his on dynasty, because it's Disney the whole building a mafia was never going to to the level the character deserved.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
I'm still a little confused as to why this EP had so much better visuals. It's like all the budget went on it.

I'm confident that we're going to get a good couple of last episode's. Expecting Grogu to fly with Mando in his new ship.

dinostar77

Q. As mando broken the rules of his cult and taken his helmet off. Therefore has to go to the mines of mandorlore to attone, does that mean he wont be taking his helmet off again in season 3 after he has attoned for his sin?

I would prefer if he kept the helmet on all the time on screen. More badass that way.

RedDevilRoshi

That was a great episode, but just shows that the Mandalorian was much more enjoyable than this has been. Oh and kudos to Bryce Dallas Howard.
Yep, it was the best episode so far which shows how successful the Mandolorian series was. This series just hasn’t got going so far. Hopefully it now picks up but will wait and see.

choccy77

I'm still a little confused as to why this EP had so much better visuals. It's like all the budget went on it.

I'm confident that we're going to get a good couple of last episode's. Expecting Grogu to fly with Mando in his new ship.
Whilst unlikely the same ship, the N1 Fighter is the exact ship Anakin flew in the last battle in The Phantom Menance

Revan

Assumptionman
Good episode but it was a Mandalorian episode, not a Boba Fett one.

I expect we might see Grogu net episode, then we will have the grand fight of Boba vs Pyke syndicate with Boba being in the verge of defeat before Mando shows and helps them winning the battle.

Hamnat

This was basically the season 3 Mandalorian premiere. And like everyone has said it was different class from the rest of this series even though I have liked the previous 4 in general.

This set up so much. A visit with Grogou and presumably Luke again, trip to Mandalore to return to the Way. We know he still has the Darksaber, so there is a salty Bo-Katan out there. And they fixed the plot hole with Bo-Katan being given the Darksaber in clone wars.