The Book of Joseph-Désiré Job (Footballers in Books)

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
No, but I had a long hard look at it in the library once. Is it good?
Fantastic. Absolutely crazy story and the writing is superb (though don't know how well it would translate to other languages). You have to put in the back of your mind that the author was a right-wing xenophobic Nazi sympathiser, but it's really a book that should be read at least once in your life.

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
Fantastic. Absolutely crazy story and the writing is superb (though don't know how well it would translate to other languages). You have to put in the back of your mind that the author was a right-wing xenophobic Nazi sympathiser, but it's really a book that should be read at least once in your life.
Cool. It was quoted in the opening of the film The Great Beauty, that's how it entered my radar.

Rooney in Paris

Scout
Cool. It was quoted in the opening of the film The Great Beauty, that's how it entered my radar.
Ah didn't know that. It's a really famous book in France, considered as one of the best in French language. There's always a bit of controversy with Céline because of his political views, but that doesn't transpire that much in 'Voyage au bout de la nuit' (there are some parts in Africa where you sense underlying racism, but it's more due to the colonial mentality than ideological views I'd say, in that instance).

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
Ah didn't know that. It's a really famous book in France, considered as one of the best in French language. There's always a bit of controversy with Céline because of his political views, but that doesn't transpire that much in 'Voyage au bout de la nuit' (there are some parts in Africa where you sense underlying racism, but it's more due to the colonial mentality than ideological views I'd say, in that instance).
I wish I had the patience to read more, there's so many books I want to read but I always pick the most ambitious, hard to read ones, in the same vein as my film taste.

Rooney in Paris

Scout
I wish I had the patience to read more, there's so many books I want to read but I always pick the most ambitious, hard to read ones, in the same vein as my film taste.
This one is very long and quite daunting at first, but I was surprised at how easily I read it to be honest. Loads happens in it, and it's very vivid and written in a flowing way (his style was very criticized at the time, almost too premature), so I think you'd handle it.

It's no Ulysses or Marcel Proust in that regard.

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
This one is very long and quite daunting at first, but I was surprised at how easily I read it to be honest. Loads happens in it, and it's very vivid and written in a flowing way (his style was very criticized at the time, almost too premature), so I think you'd handle it.

It's no Ulysses or Marcel Proust in that regard.
Yeah, I could use some flowing writing to ease me in, thought the rapid On the Road was a quite easy read, I had a go at Dostoevsky and Julio Cortazar's Hopscotch afterwards which was all a bit daunting for me.

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
The film adaptation of Anna Karenina made me want to make love to and strangle Keira Knightley at the same time...and shoot Aaron Taylor-Johnson in the face.

Rooney in Paris

Scout
:lol:

Yeah Russian authors are hard, them, Ulysses, Proust and the naturalists of end of 19th century in France are those that I have a hard time reading.

Nilsson, get on to The Journey to the end of the Night asap, and I'll watch Aguirre.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
The film adaptation of Anna Karenina made me want to make love to and strangle Keira Knightley at the same time...and shoot Aaron Taylor-Johnson in the face.
That's easily the most accurate review of that film I've seen.