Television The Boys

AaronRedDevil

Just a really debauched, edgy story.

For instance, something that will no doubt be cut...

Shooting up heroin that is mixed with Maeve's "vaginal mucus".

Smoking ground up aborted fetuses.

But the show has been great at adapting from the comics and leaving shock value stuff out so I'm sure they'll do it again.
What the feck....

b82REZ

I've just bought the first omnibus. Some of the comic storylines sound too great to pass up on

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Just finished season 2 last night. I really liked how it was kind of a metaphor for a lot of political systems. However, I felt like it got a bit too on the nose in the second half(?) of season 2. "Yeah, this is Trump and the Republicans and they're racists". It could've been more subtle but anyway. Good entertainment nonetheless.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I read Preacher and didn't like the TV adaptation much. I Binged this during vaccine flu. The dialogue :lol:

Billy's life advice to his wife's son revealed:

Billy to boy:
"Remember what I told you?"

Boy:
"Don't be a cnut."

Brilliant social commentary, that really hit close to home as a black American:
People love what I have to say! They believe in it! They just don't like the word "Nazi". That's all.
And what about this inconspicuous gem:

Sylar

Don't be a cnut
Is great advice that everyone should be given or should be Forced to follow

Dante

Average bang
Anyone been watching the videos they're releasing on the Vought International Youtube page? Some funny stuff in there to keep tide us over till next summer.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Finished a watch-through a few weeks back.

Homelander's reaction to "It's called white genocide." is too funny. Even that psycho is thinking "What the feck...".

Fully Fledged

I really like what they're doing with these videos.

Was that OurSheets guy Seth McFarlane? :lol: I can't tell.
I think I've watched them all now they are a great addition to the worldbuilding.

I don't know who the actor is but I bet his sheets are as uncomfortable as MyPillow's are.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
I just watched half an episode of Netflixes the Guardians of Justice. A campy mix of the Boys and Watchmen. What a terrible terrible show compared the the brilliant “The Boys”. I don’t know if it’s a knockoff of the Boys or what but what a shitshow.

Ekeke

The animated show in The Boys universe Diabolical was good too. First episode maybe the weakest but probably 5 or 6 interesting superhero stories

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
The animated show in The Boys universe Diabolical was good too. First episode maybe the weakest but probably 5 or 6 interesting superhero stories
Would recommend everyone watches the 8th episode of Diabolical for some background.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Just watched the first of the 3 released. Not sure I remember one bad episode of this series: absolutely barmy, and a fantastic take on corrupt superheroes. Homelander is just phenomenal as a character