Television The Boys

Dan

Forgot how gory this show was, that first episode. :eek:

VP

Wow what a bonkers but excellent show this is. I need to cleanse my palate after that first episode.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
An extreme close-up of a mini-man climbing into a guy's cock. This show is something else.
At first I thought that it was going to be another hole & felt like it was depicted completely unrealistically and then the realisation struck.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Antony Starr has a great face. I don't think there are many actors out there right now who play a specific character better than Antony Starr plays Homelander.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Antony Starr has a great face. I don't think there are many actors out there right now who play a specific character better than Antony Starr plays Homelander.
He looks like a giant man baby, but also looks menacing.

This show is brilliant, fair play. Felt bad for Timothy though :(

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
He looks like a giant man baby, but also looks menacing.

This show is brilliant, fair play. Felt bad for Timothy though :(
He has twice as many muscles in his face than any other human being on earth. It's extraordinary.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Funnily enough, my barber recommended this to me last week. She did mention it came with a health warning and to be prepared though. Should I be concerned?

Hamnat

This show is insane. About to watch the third episode. There isn't even a single minute I think I would cut it's got great pacing I think.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Just watched the first of the 3 released. Not sure I remember one bad episode of this series: absolutely barmy, and a fantastic take on corrupt superheroes. Homelander is just phenomenal as a character
I don't think it's a take on corrupt superheroes. It's just a "what if superheroes were real, what would the world look like?" And everything from the messed up sex to the corporate power and politics is somewhat realistic. I'll stop talking now before I turn myself into that Rick and Morty meme.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Great first 3 eps of the season. The termite in the dick bit :lol: You know they’re never going to shy away from the gore but it still shocks you when you see it.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
There’s been few superior caricatures of America personified than him.

But mostly I replied here specifically because as I was watching I was thinking Karen Fukuhara (Kimiko) must have one of the most perfect faces in the history of…whatever.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I agree he was born to play Homelander who is possibly the most horrible character I have ever seen and I absolutely love it.

atkar83

Funnily enough, my barber recommended this to me last week. She did mention it came with a health warning and to be prepared though. Should I be concerned?
It's a great cast, great story with great writing. There is gore but it's so over the top it becomes comical. But they push that as hard as they can, seems like Prime gave them the green light to do anything. I'm not a fan of gory things but the Boys doesn't bother me, like I said it's so outrageous all you can do is laugh.

But it also touches on a ton of touchy subjects

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
It's a great cast, great story with great writing. There is gore but it's so over the top it becomes comical. But they push that as hard as they can, seems like Prime gave them the green light to do anything. I'm not a fan of gory things but the Boys doesn't bother me, like I said it's so outrageous all you can do is laugh.

But it also touches on a ton of touchy subjects
Yeah it feels like someone explodes every episode :lol: but it's done in a tongue in cheek way that just makes you laugh.

atkar83

I agree he was born to play Homelander who is possibly the most horrible character I have ever seen and I absolutely love it.
Anytime Homelander is on camera doing his fake smile and hearing something he doesn't like I just start cracking up because it's so perfect, to the point my wife is getting annoyed when I do it

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
The comic to me had a very satisfying ending so hopefully they pull it off
Can't see them doing that. They've diverged so much from the comics now as well.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
He looks like Jason Bateman's psychopath brother.

ColvaleGoa

Just watched the first episode of the new season. Wow...just wow. They are definitely not scared of pushing the boundaries.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
First 3 episodes were very entertaining, as usual.

Still think Invincible is a better representation of what it could actually be like if the world's most powerful superhero wasn't actually a good guy and the hyper-violence is actually justified for the plot as opposed to how it's glorified in The Boys and there more to shock viewers.

Anthony Starr totally knocks it out of the park as Homelander, as usual, I do think his story is getting a bit stale now, though, and hopefully this season is building to him just becoming the show's big bad and needing to be wiped out at all costs, rather than this fannying around.

Glorio

Interestingly I was thinking the exact same thing about the casting for Butcher - Karl Urban is absolutely perfect for his dark, almost mental, anti-hero character. It's a testament that when they're both in the same room, Homelander's character doesn't overshadow his, even though Homelander could squash him to a pulp in a second without batting an eyelid

narnar

Needs Help
Episode 4 is not showing for me in Prime. :confused:
Same, seen an article online reporting that it is not showing for some people.

What are you using to view it? The article suggested searching for 'the boys season 3' on a firestick to locate the episode.

Dan

Same, seen an article online reporting that it is not showing for some people.

What are you using to view it? The article suggested searching for 'the boys season 3' on a firestick to locate the episode.
Just the app on my TV and iPad.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Interestingly I was thinking the exact same thing about the casting for Butcher - Karl Urban is absolutely perfect for his dark, almost mental, anti-hero character. It's a testament that when they're both in the same room, Homelander's character doesn't overshadow his, even though Homelander could squash him to a pulp in a second without batting an eyelid
Have you seen Dread? He's great in that and all you can see is his chin.