Television The Boys

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Homelander with The doppelgänger. :lol: :lol:

Norris

That was a pretty interesting episodes. Some real good moments laid out nicely. Better than the last 2 for me.

mu4c_20le

I remember a couple of weeks ago the Homelander actor Antony Starr teased that things would get really crazy, he must've meant this episode. Also that girl with the Magneto powers (Cindy?) looks interesting, hope to see more of her.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Feeling the need to name check myself in this thread

DouLou

Been caught pooping
Frenchie and MM's reaction to the monster dick gets funnier with every rewatch. Their facial expressions :lol:

Riz

Best episode of the series by some margin. Still not really sure where the series is heading but relieved that it’s picking up now after quite a poor start.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Easily the best episode this season.

The Firestarter

What would be that soup's name had he not been in the nut house ?

Long Dong
D-stretcher
Dickarus
Python X

ReallyUSA

Great episode. I am happy to see some of the supes have regular issues like debt and mental illness.

Paxi

In episode 6, where Butcher has a sniper rifle across the caravan...

His right leg is flat but his left leg absolutely fecking daft looking.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
One thing I didn't get, weren't Butcher and Hughie in the most wanted list (shown on TV in episode 1) for being accused of killing the previous CEO in season 1? They casually walked into a hospital and stayed there for days without anyone noticing?

Also, Starlight has just given up trying to hide herself in public after episode 1. Isn't she afraid anymore she will be caught with criminals?

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
One thing I didn't get, weren't Butcher and Hughie in the most wanted list (shown on TV in episode 1) for being accused of killing the previous CEO in season 1? They casually walked into a hospital and stayed there for days without anyone noticing?

Also, Starlight has just given up trying to hide herself in public after episode 1. Isn't she afraid anymore she will be caught with criminals?
Big plot hole that. In normal circumstances, the police would even be called for an injury like that. The writing was stupid there, they should have come up with some sort of clandestine clinic or something.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Big plot hole that. In normal circumstances, the police would even be called for an injury like that. The writing was stupid there, they should have come up with some sort of clandestine clinic or something.
Yea. It's like they've completely forgotten about that after episode 2, they don't seem to care anymore about being seen in public. Same with Starlight who was first using burner phones and wearing at least some sort of disguise earlier. These guys are supposed to be the most popular people in the US but she hardly ever gets recognized in public eventhough she doesn't wear a mask or similar when in superhero costume. She is meeting Hughie in public regularly.

Was hoping I missed something in the middle to explain this oddity.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Yea. It's like they've completely forgotten about that after episode 2, they don't seem to care anymore about being seen in public. Same with Starlight who was first using burner phones and wearing at least some sort of disguise earlier. These guys are supposed to be the most popular people in the US but she hardly ever gets recognized in public eventhough she doesn't wear a mask or similar when in superhero costume. She is meeting Hughie in public regularly.

Superman.

Paxi

Well they all just seem to cut around without any fecking bother. Their plot armour seems to pretty strong. I think we've established that this series is a bit ‘di-a-fecking-bolical’.

The Firestarter

Didnt Butcher make a deal with the Vought CEO when Black Noir was about to kill him ?

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Didnt Butcher make a deal with the Vought CEO when Black Noir was about to kill him ?
Ah yea that is true in fact, although I would've liked them to emphasize that a bit since I'm sure Vought are trying to hide the deal and it's known in public that they are criminals.

But even in previous episodes, before the deal, there were scenes of Hughie out in public with Starlight.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
It's the best episode of the series, but still so much fluff just to fill time. Snip episodes to 40 mins and it would be a lot better.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Started this on Wednesday last week and already caught up to everything. It's so good, wish they'd released everything at once.

Only negatives would be Hughie (cliched dweeb / nerd skinny white American character) and Karl Urban's accent. Couldn't figure out if was English or Australian as it's all over the place. Great character though.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I remember a couple of weeks ago the Homelander actor Antony Starr teased that things would get really crazy, he must've meant this episode. Also that girl with the Magneto powers (Cindy?) looks interesting, hope to see more of her.
Pretty sure she's meant to be Jean Gray. I'm guessing they'll have more of her at some point considering the ending scene.

mu4c_20le

Started this on Wednesday last week and already caught up to everything. It's so good, wish they'd released everything at once.

Only negatives would be Hughie (cliched dweeb / nerd skinny white American character) and Karl Urban's accent. Couldn't figure out if was English or Australian as it's all over the place. Great character though.
It's fecking diabolical

mu4c_20le

Pretty sure she's meant to be Jean Gray. I'm guessing they'll have more of her at some point considering the ending scene.
See, I wasn't sure if that scene meant more to come, or it was just an "oh shit" moment

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
See, I wasn't sure if that scene meant more to come, or it was just an "oh shit" moment
I think it means more to come, I don't think they'd have spent that time with her if she was only part of one episode.