g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Television The Boys

didz

Frenchie killing chickens? You son of a bitch, I'm in.

I watched this when the first 3 seasons were already all out. Does anyone know if it's usually a weekly release or a binge drop?

AaronRedDevil

Frenchie killing chickens? You son of a bitch, I'm in.

I watched this when the first 3 seasons were already all out. Does anyone know if it's usually a weekly release or a binge drop?
It's a full on binge all at once

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Is gen v worth watching by the way? I tried half an episode a while back, but it just lacked the vibe. Wondering if it picks up
Definitely. It’s its own thing, but it’s every bit as good and has plenty of touch points with The Boys.

If it wasn’t blindingly obvious, the ‘Gen V’ is a direct reference to Compound V from The Boys. Only difference being that the whole lot of them know that they have powers derived from the substance. (Obviously also a play on Gen X/Z or whatever).

It plays with current social issues more than The Boys that’s looking at facism and global power structures. Some of it is super dark and every bit as disgusting and gory as The Boys.

I don’t see that much difference between them. It’s great.

GuyfromAustria

I didn't think GenV was quite a good for me as The Boys, but still absolutely fine if you enjoy that kind of show. There are also some interesting connections to the other show including crossovers from certain characters.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Same for me. The Boys was a level above Gen V. Gen V while much the same isn't as strong both in characters and story, though still enjoyable to watch.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Time was limited and I had some other shows that pulled me in first. Also didn't develop a care for the characters right away, but maybe that gets better as it goes on (?)
Yeah it does! I was mainly asking in case it was the tone you didn't like, because that remains the same. I feel your attachment/hate for the characters is developped quite well as the show goes on, so I'd definitely recommend you to give it another shot!