The chase for 4th place (not top 4)

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
With all the high expectations heaped on Man Utd with three really strong acquisitions after finishing second, this team struggling to find an identity and play to the level of the squad has to be soul crushing. It would not shock me at all for them to go on a late run and win all but two, and those two could be draws. Not that I have faith in the players, they have done a disappearing act. I just think they are still talented and there could be one last twist left in the top 4.

Based on the play in the last month, it should be Spurs…… but they get spursy.

Ibi Dreams

Very interested to see how Arsenal react to losing 3 in a row. Could easily be a bit of a downward spiral to end the season, they're often poor when the pressure is on.

Nero

It's getting extremely tiresome seeing people say it's definitely over now, every week for the past 2 months.

AndySmith1990

Every week in this thread: "well that's top 4 over then"

I guess now it's really really really over

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
My dudes, our players weren’t chasing top four anyway. They could beat Arsenal and it’d be back on but they won’t try to beat Arsenal so it’s irrelevant.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
We can do it if we beat Arsenal and Chelsea.

Spurs have Liverpool and Arsenal.
Arsenal have us and Spurs. Not to mention a tricky tie vs Everton on final day if relegation battle goes to the wire.

Volksie316

Simply have to beat Arsenal on Saturday.

I mean we had to anyway, but the need is even more now after Arsenal won tonight.

Irwin99

We can do it if we beat Arsenal and Chelsea.

Spurs have Liverpool and Arsenal.
Arsenal have us and Spurs. Not to mention a tricky tie vs Everton on final day if relegation battle goes to the wire.
Don't do it to yourself. Even if Arsenal had lost tonight it's just not going to happen. Genuinely think we might struggle to even hit a 60 point total at this rate :(

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Arsenal winning tonight is a huge blow. I think it's obvious we will banter our way to the conference league.

Statue of Limitations

Needed Arsenal to be losing this tonight to keep the hopes alive.
Was already slim, but now very little chance.

Conference league :(

tomaldinho1

Arsenal winning tonight is a huge blow. I think it's obvious we will banter our way to the conference league.
We will beat Arsenal and then Spurs will also beat them before being Spurs do a Spurs and lose to Burnley and Norwich allowing United the most undeserved CL spot ever won.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Amazed people still thought we had a chance of this, it was over ages ago as I said.

We're hurtling towards the conference with our form and fixtures.

Abhinav

Top 4 was long gone. There is no way we win 5 consecutive games when we struggle to even win one against the bottom sides.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Don't do it to yourself. Even if Arsenal had lost tonight it's just not going to happen. Genuinely think we might struggle to even hit a 60 point total at this rate :(
I’ll be surprised if we manage more than 56. It depends if Brentford and Brighton’s players have joined ours on holiday by then. Arsenal, Chelsea and Palace will look to thrash us.

Irwin99

I’ll be surprised if we manage more than 56. It depends if Brentford and Brighton’s players have joined ours on holiday by then. Arsenal, Chelsea and Palace will look to thrash us.
I'll go for one win, two defeats and two draws

Arsenal (A) - Loss
Chelsea (H)-Draw
Brenford (H)-Loss (last home game too, lots of angry fans probably) :nervous:
Brighton (A) Draw
Palace (A) Win

59 points and statistically our worst season in the PL era.

SamVimes

Honestly I will be amazed if we pick up any more points. The toys have well and truly been thrown out of the pram. I am open to correction here, but the Captain of the Club didn't even do any media interviews after the Liverpool game. They are not bothered and don't care.

Bulldog United

Top Four is gone for now until Arsenal and Spurs do what Arsenal and Spurs do, after which we'll be back in the race, but then immediately blow it again with another diabolical defeat.... and so top four will be gone again.

soapythecat

I’m glad. CL would have just created more problems. Yes, the money is good but we wouldn’t be competitive next season - we’ve got a whole squad to rebuild. Players need a pay cut and no CL is just that.
A blessing in disguise if you ask me.

Jezpeza

Top 4 is over for us. Spurs and arsenal game in hand on us and We would need to probably win at least 4 of our remaining 5 and we just arent going to do that. We arent magically going to pick up form. Draws not even good enough in the games against arsenal and chelsea which would be decent results.

Botim

Supports
Royal Antwerp FC
We will beat Arsenal and then Spurs will also beat them before being Spurs do a Spurs and lose to Burnley and Norwich allowing United the most undeserved CL spot ever won.
Even tying with spurs isn't enough, given our pathetic GD.