g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

The chase for 4th place (not top 4)

Statue of Limitations

Would any points deduction be applied during the current campaign or would they start on a negative points total at the start of next season does anyone know?

I'm sure some clubs have started on negative in various leagues before.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I still think United will turn it around, they have more leaders in their team. We don't even have a proper captain in the squad, and that plays a key part in winning games when it gets tough.
Some of our senior players will jump ship at the end of the season. Pogba is definitely gone. Ronaldo and Rashford look likely to leave. Bruno hasn't signed an extension and might be tempted to go with no CL football. Maybe even Matic will decide he's had enough and retire. Lingard is gone. Cavani is gone.

The majority of so called senior players who'll still stick around will be the shite ones like Maguire, Fred and Lindelof.

These same senior players you call leaders have done very little to arrest the slump this season. Arsenal are safely getting their top four placing this season. If you lot don't finish top four, then I doubt United have had anything to do with it. Either you self imploded, or Spurs/West Ham beat you to it.

ArunCph

Supports
Tottenham
Arsenal : 13 to play

Away games - Chelsea,Tottenham, Villa, Southampton, WestHam, Newcastle, Palace
Home games - Liverpool, United,Leicester,Brighton, Leeds,Everton

Spurs : 12 to play

Away Games - United,Villa,Brentford,Liverpool, Norwich, Brighton
Home games - Westham,Newcastle,Brighton,Burnley, Arsenal,Leicester

United : 10 to play

Away Games -Liverpool, Everton,Arsenal, Brighton,Palace
Home Games - Spurs, Chelsea, Leicester,Norwich, Brentford

Arsenal have 3 games on United and Spurs have 2 games on United.
All three face each other
All three face Liverpool
Arsenal & United face Chelsea

As things stand, Out of form teams as per form table of PL : Norwich, Leeds, Brighton, Everton, Brentford.
Arsenal face - 3 of them
Spurs face - 4 of them
United face - 4 of them

Coming game of Spurs vs United is so crucial in this sense. If United lose that or dont win it, the top4 is as good as gone. If Spurs get a draw at United, top4 probably boils down to Arsenal vs Spurs game end of the season.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich

Spurs : 12 to play

Away Games - United,Villa,Brentford,Liverpool, Norwich, Brighton
Home games - Westham,Newcastle,Brighton,Burnley, Arsenal,Leicester

United : 10 to play

Away Games -Liverpool, Everton,Arsenal, Brighton,Palace
Home Games - Spurs, Chelsea, Leicester,Norwich, Brentford

Arsenal have 3 games on United and Spurs have 2 games on United.
All three face each other
All three face Liverpool
Arsenal & United face Chelsea

As things stand, Out of form teams as per form table of PL : Norwich, Leeds, Brighton, Everton, Brentford.
Arsenal face - 3 of them
Spurs face - 4 of them
United face - 4 of them

Coming game of Spurs vs United is so crucial in this sense. If United lose that or dont win it, the top4 is as good as gone. If Spurs get a draw at United, top4 probably boils down to Arsenal vs Spurs game end of the season.
I think Spurs has the easier schedule. Playing Chelsea is the main difference between Arsenal and Spurs

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal

I just don't see the chelsea, liverpool, spurs, united game more important than games against Newcastle and Palace. it is still 3 points for each game. If we get 3 points for games against team outside of top 6 then it is all good.

If the team is good enough it will get 4th place. I won't read too much about the remaining fixtures.

ArunCph

Supports
Tottenham
I just don't see the chelsea, liverpool, spurs, united game more important than games against Newcastle and Palace. it is still 3 points for each game. If we get 3 points for games against team outside of top 6 then it is all good.

If the team is good enough it will get 4th place. I won't read too much about the remaining fixtures.
Ofcourse its more important - while every game is 3 pts - when you are in business end of game - win against direct rival is literally 6point game, while win against other inform rivals all the more important for confidence and give that belief. Before City win,Spurs were absolutely going nowhere - but that win galvanised the group - yes, we lost to Burnley but regardless that win has completely changed certain players belief & confidence....I mean, isnt this the same point Arsenal fans been saying of that 1st half against city earlier this year ? If a loss against City has actually helped Arsenal, why not wins against immediate rivals in business end of the season ?

Anduin

So we’ve beaten West Ham twice, Spurs twice and Arsenal once (our main rivals for 4th) and Arsenal still have four games in hand over us and will probably be miles ahead in the end. What a shit season against the lower half of the table... incredible.

prateik

Arse have 4 games in hand.. feck.. they have it in the bag.. which is so weird.. Arsenal in the CL feels wrong.. How have we messed up so much.
All those dropped points against the relegation sides will be extremely costly.

cyberman

Arse have 4 games in hand.. feck.. they have it in the bag.. which is so weird.. Arsenal in the CL feels wrong.. How have we messed up so much.
Their games in hand are killers. It’s the fact they’re kind of free hits while we still have to play Chelsea and Liverpool that’s the killer

Giggsy13

Realistically we need to go with 7 wins 1 loss and 1 draw to have any chance at top 4. Going to be a challenge.

Giggsy13

They’re just as capable of completely bottling it. The teams fighting for 4th place are so inconsistent that you never know

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
The game between Arsenal and United at The Emirates seems like a big one.

Arsenal have a big week. Leicester tomorrow then us three days later, followed by Villa three days after that (away).

nmm85

Arsenal play 3 times before we next play. Games agains Leicester, Liverpool and Villa. Hopefully they lose a couple of those.

Irwin99

Seems we have quite a big two week rest after the Madrid game. Don't know if that's a good thing or not.

Hoping Arsenal get battered in their fixtures and Chelsea get dragged in to this mess.

BorisManUtd

Arsenal have a big week. Leicester tomorrow then us three days later, followed by Villa three days after that (away).
They're going to beat Leicester easily.

We helped Arsenal tonight with this win. Our hopes are most probably dead after drawing against Watford, Southampton and Burnley. Those 3 results killed our chances.

Caesar2290

They're beating Leicester easily.

We helped Arsenal tonight with this win. Our hopes are most probably dead after drawing against Watford, Southampton and Burnley. Those 3 results killed our chances.
They're Arsenal, not City. They will hit the bump at the end of the season. We will be in it all the way.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal

People are too reactive after every game. Every week people here keep saying next game is a big game, which is just another game.

peridigm

Games in hand obviously not in the correct order but this is the remaining fixtures for each team that has a chance at 4th. I'm reserving 3rd as Chelsea are still strolling along but their season could begin to fall apart by the time we play them if Arsenal and West Ham can do us a favor.
Chelsea should be winning the rest of their matches but New Castle are in form too so who knows. Any idea when our match against Liverpool will be scheduled?

GWUnitedArsenalWest HamSpurs
26-Chelsea (A)--
27-Leicester (H)--
28-Spurs (A)-Arsenal (H)
29-Liverpool (H)Villa (H)Brighton (A)
30Liverpool (A)Villa (A)Spurs (A)West Ham (H)
31Leicester (H)Palace (A)Everton (H)New Castle (H)
32Everton (A)Brighton (H)Brentford (A)Villa (A)
33Norwich (H)Southampton (A)Burnley (H)Brighton (H)
34Arsenal (A)United (H)Chelsea (A)Brentford (A)
35Brentford (H)West Ham (A)Arsenal (H)Leicester (A)
36Brighton (A)Leeds (H)Norwich (A)Liverpool (A)
37Chelsea (H)New Castle (A)Man City (H)Burnley (H)
38Palace (A)Everton (H)Brighton (A)Norwich (A)

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I think we'd have to win 8 out of our last 9 games to have a chance which simply isn't going to happen.

Ludens the Red

Nailed on Arsenal. They’d have been watching today seen it was basically Goldberg vs Undertaker from crown jewel 2019.
I think we have to win 3/4 MORE games than Arsenal to come above them. They’ve got tricky fixtures but even they won’t be fecking this up.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
People are too reactive after every game. Every week people here keep saying next game is a big game, which is just another game.
I’m more referring to the next three. You get 6 or 7 from that and I think you’re looking good for top four. Fail to win any of them and it’s very much up for grabs still. They’re all tough games as well.

Trequarista10

Games in hand obviously not in the correct order but this is the remaining fixtures for each team that has a chance at 4th. I'm reserving 3rd as Chelsea are still strolling along but their season could begin to fall apart by the time we play them if Arsenal and West Ham can do us a favor.
Chelsea should be winning the rest of their matches but New Castle are in form too so who knows. Any idea when our match against Liverpool will be scheduled?

26-Chelsea (A)--
27-Leicester (H)--
28-Spurs (A)-Arsenal (H)
Newcastle

Sorry, had to be done, but I do appreciate you taking the time to post this.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
I’m more referring to the next three. You get 6 or 7 from that and I think you’re looking good for top four. Fail to win any of them and it’s very much up for grabs still. They’re all tough games as well.
To me even Palace is a tough game for Arsenal. There is no easy game.

Trequarista10

Arsenal favourites but I'll be extremely disappointed if we don't give ourselves a chance by getting within touching distance by the time we face them at the Emirates.

allen7

Arsenal play 3 times before we next play. Games agains Leicester, Liverpool and Villa. Hopefully they lose a couple of those.
they’ll end up something like this

WLD - 4 points
Or
DLD - 2 points

Both pool and villa are in form, so they’ve to put their best game which I doubt they will

SirAnderson

26-Chelsea (A)--
27-Leicester (H)--
28-Spurs (A)-Arsenal (H)
Feel like it will be a tight race between us and Arsenal. More a case of who wants to feck it up more...

peridigm

Newcastle

Sorry, had to be done, but I do appreciate you taking the time to post this.
Thanks for correcting me. We have a city over here named New Castle in Delaware which is why I typed it that way. I'm used to seeing it spelled with two separate words. Same goes for every other "New" city or state name that was named after a city in England.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Happy with the score today, purely because in the head to head games I'm more confident of winning (or at least not getting beat) at home to Utd than I am away to Spurs.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
How the heck have we got to a position where we've played 4 games more than Arsenal, and are 2 points only ahead.

Just baffling in every shape or form.

Sort of still want them to stop Liverpool though, but lose every other game forever.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Games in hand or not, we absolutely need to beat Leicester and one of the United/Spurs game or i feel we'll just drop. There is no way we win every single one of the other "easy games".
All 3 teams will be in it until the end.

GeorgieBoy

It's Arsenal's to lose for sure.
Although games in hand mean nothing if you don't get points on the board and they are prone to a capitulation.

I think it will end:
Arsenal.
United.
Spurs.