g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

The chase for 4th place (not top 4)

Lee565

But they haven't been brilliant and Conte has shown his limitations. It's more a case of us and Arsenal doing a bottling job. And I don't think we should hire a manager just on the basis of getting top 4
I personally think he would have a squad tailor made for him at united and his history speaks for itself at managing big clubs to success (which spurs are not), plus he would not have to be signed to some crazy 5 year contract, 2 would have been sufficient.

Deery

Dreary
I'd be gutted if we made it.

These players don't deserve to grace the champions league, these snakes deserve to play in the conference and be humiliated.

I don't want some of our players to succeed on a personal level, I detest them. The sooner we drop down the table the sooner these lazy downtooling snakes are kicked out and the club can be rescued.
That’s some terrible support lad.

Yakuza_devils

Lads, don't do this to yourselves. Man Utd won't get top 4. This lot is done. There is no fight and hunger in them.

Too many games they were only playing for 45 mins and feck around for the other 45 mins.

Even against Leicester you can see that their players want it more even though they got nothing to play for. They chased every loose balls and keep pressing us when they lost possession. They were running more than us even though we are the one that fighting for Top 4.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
But they haven't been brilliant and Conte has shown his limitations. It's more a case of us and Arsenal doing a bottling job. And I don't think we should hire a manager just on the basis of getting top 4
I wouldnt say Arsenal are doing a bottle job. We've won 5 out the last 6 before last night, only defeat was against Liverpool. I think its just the level of where the teams are right now.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
I wouldnt say Arsenal are doing a bottle job. We've won 5 out the last 6 before last night, only defeat was against Liverpool. I think its just the level of where the teams are right now.
If Arsenal can't win every game means bottle job then so be it. Arsenal will lose point in the remaining games, just like every other club other than City and Pool.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
I'd be gutted if we made it.

These players don't deserve to grace the champions league, these snakes deserve to play in the conference and be humiliated.

I don't want some of our players to succeed on a personal level, I detest them. The sooner we drop down the table the sooner these lazy downtooling snakes are kicked out and the club can be rescued.
Kind of strange. That’s a first. New mgr. Possible big signings with the promise of CL football along with a clear out of players that won’t matter and you dont want to make the competition?

djembatheking

How we are still point wise in it is beyond me. Moral wise I don't see it. The players have given up.
It`s unbelievable , we have been dogshit all season yet 8 games to go are still so close to top 4. We aren`t getting it cos as you said the players have given up , my money is on Spurs from here cos Conte will push them over the line .

ArunCph

Supports
Tottenham

I am not sure what limitation of Conte you speak of ?
Spurs when he came in, were 20th in league for running stat & 19th in league for creativity.

Now, Spurs running stat (post-Conte) is in top3 of the league and we are scoring at will this 2022 calendar. Spurs have scored most goals in 2022 even including Liverpool or City. Player for player has been improved - whether its Doherty or Davies or Dier.

Conte has been brilliant - yes, Spurs were inconsistent in between - its just that team took time to get used to him & viceversa.
This calendar, post Jan Window Spurs have been good - Only Ronaldo show cost a game. Otherwise, last 6 PL games 5 Wins with 21 goals scored & 5 conceded.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
For any other United squad of the past decade, a top 4 spot, in current circumstances will be a realistic possibility with 8 games to go given the rather fortuitous position we find ourselves in. Thanks to Arsenal dropping points.

But with this bunch, it will be an impossible gap to bridge. What a shame.

Spurs would be delight.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Mathematically we (Utd) can still win the league, we just need to win all our remaining games and hope those above us lose all of theirs :D

I said Spurs would finish 4th when Conte came and I still expect that to happen. If we don’t fluke top 4 then I hope we finish outside the Euro Conf League.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
That’s some terrible support lad.
Downtools don't deserve support. The sooner they're kicked out of the back door the better.

I'd rather support the academy kids if they're played in the first team instead of these snakes.

Kind of strange. That’s a first. New mgr. Possible big signings with the promise of CL football along with a clear out of players that won’t matter and you dont want to make the competition?
I don't want big signings. Big star players have more often than not failed to deliver with us. Instead we should be signing players who are transitioning into big players or are on the ascendancy.

The player culture is rotten at the club and has been for quite a time now.

On merits we don't deserve cl and it is only fair we dont get it.

Withnail

Downtools don't deserve support. The sooner they're kicked out of the back door the better.

I'd rather support the academy kids if they're played in the first team instead of these snakes.

I don't want big signings. Big star players have more often than not failed to deliver with us. Instead we should be signing players who are transitioning into big players or are on the ascendancy.

The player culture is rotten at the club and has been for quite a time now.

On merits we don't deserve cl and it is only fair we dont get it.
What's this moral high ground holier than thou crap? Who cares about fair? It's better for the club if we're in the CL next year.

I suppose you don't celebrate OGs, dodgy pens or smash and grab wins either because we didn't deserve it on balance of play or something?

Redfrog

I didn’t understand why this thread was on so I came here and I checked the table. I can’t believe we are so close to top 4 still.
Too bad the players don’t care.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
Partey out long term is a killer for Arsenal. He is probably our most important and least replaceable player and that injury is on top of both fullbacks being out.

Barring their own set of catastrophic injuries, I think Spurs will cruise to 4th now.

RedDevilRoshi

Defeatist’s..
More like looking at it without wearing the Man Utd tinted spectacles.

Even with Arsenal losing right now to Brighton, it doesn’t make any difference whatsoever as these players do not have the the passion for the badge to try and salvage something from this season. Todays result against a struggling Everton team comes as no surprise. We’ve been seeing these sort of performances more often than not this season. It’s been evident throughout and these players don’t deserve top 4. Again, I’d love to be proven wrong but I simply cannot trust these imposters.

This season couldn’t end any quicker.

Deery

Dreary
More like looking at it without the Utd tinted spectacles.

Even with Arsenal losing right now to Brighton, it doesn’t make any difference whatsoever as these players do not have the the passion for the badge to try and salvage something from this season. Todays result against a struggling Everton team comes as no surprise. We’ve been seeing these sort of performances more often than not this season. It’s been evident throughout and these players don’t deserve top 4. Again, I’d love to be proven wrong but I simply cannot trust these imposters.

This season couldn’t end any quicker.
Very poor today, hardly troubled Pickford, really feel let down with this lot.

Will be watching the remaining games for the shirt not bothered with any players.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
That VAR in Arsenal vs Brighton. How crucial would it be

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Battle for 4th turns into who will bottle more. Even in this mess we could have easily catch 4th. Ffs.
Fun fact; winning against Leicester and Everton would put us on 4th spot. What a season

Castia

These idiots completely blew it

Acting like its pre season whilst Arsenal are throwing points away every week.

RopersReturn

Congrats Toffee's fans on a deserved win, we truly are the gift that keeps on giving at the moment. An embarrassment and a shambles.
Right now the aim for us has to be 8th, avoiding any European involvement at all next season. The effort that the players are putting in should make that easy.

Nero

Surely by now people realise that a top 4 race is all about shit teams dropping stupid points on a consistent basis.

Devil’s Trident

As shit as it is it’s not over. Arsenal terrible run starts from here. Watch them lose points from now on. Just trust me over this one.

Starting from Leicester, they are facing Liverpool at home , villa and palace away then Brighton home and Southampton away. From these 6 fixtures , I can guarantee you all they are dropping 8-10 points .
After that they are facing us at home and West Ham away, losing 3 more points minimum. After that they still have to face spurs and chelsea.

Quote me if you like but I’m very very sure of that. It’s all about how we deal with it. We need to get on a 4-5 match winning run. But Arsenal are gonna fall, believe me.
They will start dropping points regularly from here on I’m willing to put my neck on the line for it. Whether we take advantage or not it’s another matter. I’m repeating myself from the other thread but I’m convinced they will drop 8-10 points in the next 6 games and then they have to deal with Chelsea, spurs, Man Utd, West Ham. Their inconsistent run starts now. Mark my words.
Let me say it again because I know no one is taking it seriously but Arsenal are gonna drop points from this points onwards quite regularly. I’m not saying that out of hope or optimism or not liking arsenal, I’m saying that because right now they are getting points due to multiple reasons and them punching way above their weight combined with a touch of luck. They are doing fantastically well at the moment but I can still see the flaws in their game many can’t and after looking at the remaining fixtures I’m convinced they gonna drop like flies starting from Leicester and pool.

Its not a shot in the dark it’s fairly calculated to come to this prediction. If I’m wrong quote me and mock me all you want if I’m right just bow down to my superior football knowledge. Fair game ?
As shit as we are atleast I was bang on about Arsenal. Whilst caf was collectively busy declaring Arsenal running away with the 4th spot, I made this prediction. Vastly superior football knowledge than any other on this forum. Arsenal fans here made fun of it. Time for payback :D
Mods do I get a reward for it ? Like promoting me to the mains :D.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
It’s still honestly unreal that United passed on Conte, one of the 5 best managers in the world.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
It’s still honestly unreal that United passed on Conte, one of the 5 best managers in the world.
Scared he'd expose the incompetence and be too confrontational for their huge egos to handle.

Volksie316

7th/8th, is nothing more than these players deserve.

They have been atrocious all season and should be ashamed to even accept the wages they are on!