The Coronavirus Draft

What kind of reinforcements would you like in semis?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Seeding results

GodShaveTheQueen

We mean it man, we love our queen!
Seeding results

Moby = 67
DVG = 69
Enigma = 76
Sjor = 82
Skizzo = 93
Harms = 112
Himannv = 115
Pnut = 116
Indy = 118
Edgar = 132
2mufc0 = 145
Pat = 146
Michael = 158
Green Smiley = 162
Isotope = 164
Physio = 165

Last edited:

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
I suspected I came bottom especially when I came up against Moby who I had at No.1. ISO's side is criminally underrated, I had him at 4th

GodShaveTheQueen

1 had him at 4th, 2 had him at 6th, one at 8th, rest all had him in double digits

Isotope - 15 + 15 + 6 + 10 + 8 + 4 + 14 + 14 + 14 + 12 + 6 + 13 + 12 + 10 + 11 = 164

Reinforcement rules

GodShaveTheQueen

WELCOME TO THE GSTQ SCHOOL OF DRAFTING

There are 3 basic drafting principles that the GSTQ school of drafting tries to teach its students.

1. Try to change your formation/system/tactics every round no matter how good they were in the last round.
2. Try to shuffle around your starting 11 from one round to another and don't be afraid to drop the big names.
3. Rant about how the draft mods are unfair, the rules are shit and in general have completely ruined your plans.

This reinforcement round will give you an opportunity to learn and do all of these things.

RULES

1. Every team shall get 3 reinforcement picks.
2. First 2 picks shall be in snake style, 3rd pick shall be a sheep round.
3. The order of snake round shall be random.

SNAKE ROUNDS

1. For the Coronavirus Champions League, the reinforcements pool is - All the players still playing in the Coronavirus Champions League
2. For the Coropa League, the reinforcements pool is - All the players still playing in the Coropa League
3. When your turn arrives, you can pick any player from anyone's squad. (2 rounds, 2 steals).
4. Every manager can lose only 2 players max.
5. So if 2 players have already been stolen from a manager during the reinforcement rounds, his squad will no longer be available for picking.
6. At the end of the 2 rounds, everybody would have gained 2 new players and lost 2 of their existing players.
7. No outfield players of any round are blocked, you can pick any player you wish. No goalkeepers can be stolen.
8. A player once stolen can't be stolen again.

SHEEP ROUND

1. The purpose of this round is simple, you might lose 2 players in positions that don't match your reinforcements positions.
2. For example, you might have picked up a forward and a CB, but might have lost both your current CB's making it impossible to put up a lineup.
3. This round will help you fill those gaps and let you go full throttle during the snake rounds.
4. But there is a catch, the player picked in this round can't be a goalkeeper and its mandatory for him to start the QF game.
5. The pool for this round is all the unpicked players in the draft.
6. The sheep round will be common across both the drafts, so all 16 teams will be competing for the same unpicked pool.
7. All pass picks will be revealed at the end of each sheep round rather than at the end as I don't want anyone to end up with sheep.
8. If at the end of 3 rounds, you still have 3 fails, you can request for the position you need a player in and I will allocate one of decent quality. You can be specific : Wingback/Fullback, DLP/B2B/AM etc.

You'll soon receive your school t-shirts. Wear them proudly!

GodShaveTheQueen

The reinforcements shall start after the end of the Skizzo vs Pat.

Putting the rules out a little early so everyone has some time to go through them to iron out any questions and we can start as soon as the last game finishes.

DVG7

So whoever gets first pick chooses whatever two players they want from any of the teams?

will first for the snake portion also he first for the sheep portion?

GodShaveTheQueen

So whoever gets first pick chooses whatever two players they want from any of the teams?
No, we have 8 teams, so the pick order shall be 1 to 8 for first round and 8 to 1 for the second round

will first for the snake portion also he first for the sheep portion?
Sheep round doesnt have any order. Let me share an example.

Go through the OP of this draft to understand how a sheep round works. There is a good spoiler-ed example as well.

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/2018-sheep-draft.443119/

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
@GodShaveTheQueen doesn't this create an advantage for those managers who are picking last as they will know which players they have lost and can then reinforce accordingly, managers picking first won't know who they are losing so you can't plan for it.

GodShaveTheQueen

@GodShaveTheQueen doesn't this create an advantage for those managers who are picking last as they will know which players they have lost and can then reinforce accordingly, managers picking first won't know who they are losing so you can't plan for it.
Not really. Their pool will also be minimal for second pick. By the time their turn comes, most manager's quota of 2 lost players will be over. The guy who makes the first pick will have only 1 manager's team to make his 2nd pick. The 2nd guy will only have 2 options. They might not even be left with a good player in the position they need .

Also the sheep round will make up for any unknown position losses.

Also, it's not very difficult to guess which players you might lose :)

Last edited:

DVG7

I like it GSTQ

think the first pick is a little TOO powerful though.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Yeah I quote like this round, changes things up a bit, despite the fact I never got to use my squad exactly as I wanted :lol:

GodShaveTheQueen

Coronavirus Champions League Teams

ManagerRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7Round 8Round 9Round 10Round 11Round 12
HimannvL. MessiV. van DijkRonaldinhoR. KeaneE. DavidsM. AmorosA. PirloM. BossisG. BergomiJ-M PfaffN. HidegkutiD. Villa
MobyF. BaresiD. DžajićZ. ZidaneP. R. FalcãoA. NestaS. EffenbergS. MatthewsE. GeretsG. BatistutaJ. CamachoL. MazurkiewiczR. Lewandowski
DVG7J. CruyffA. RobbenXaviR. FerdinandA. IniestaD. GodinR. RensenbrinkMarceloP. GuardiolaS. BusquetsW. SuurbierA. Carrizo
Šjor/InvictusPeléV. VoroninGarrinchaU. SeelerR. KrolP. ScholesC. FerraraV. VasovićK. De BruyneS. MaierG. BuchwaldP. McCourt
EnigmaL. RonaldoP. LahmF. PuskasJ. TiganaD. PassarellaK. FörsterS. MarzoliniR. RivelinoVan HanegemG. BanksB. ContiA. Vidal
HarmsG. BestB. RobsonR. GullitG. RiveraR. CarlosH. ChumpitazS. KocsisS. CampbellJ. BozsikLeandrovan der SarV. Bessonov
Pnut/JimBeckenbauerP. NedvědM. DesaillyL. RivaL. Suárez. MB. VogtsR. BaggioL. YashinA. DemyanenkoD. BeckhamN. KanteB. McNeill
Skizzo/Pat