The Coronavirus Draft

What kind of reinforcements would you like in semis?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Fine with that, but wait for p-nut.

Am just the guy on the left...

That's Cruyff's place now. You're the boy at the back!

I've just reread his autobiography, the man was a genius, but his talent was well-matched by his love for himself and an obsessive need to control everything around him regardless of his official status.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
That's Cruyff's place now. You're the boy at the back!

I've just reread his autobiography, the man was a genius, but his talent was well-matched by his love for himself and an obsessive need to control everything around him regardless of his official status.
:lol: quite true

Never read the book, shame on me, but that sounds like Cruyff from everything else I read about him.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
I can throw something together now if you want? Won’t have much of a write up, probably just the team sheet for now.
Same. Will send something in the next hour.

GodShaveTheQueen

We mean it man, we love our queen!
Below is what I am thinking for the semis.

1. There won't be any reinforcements.
2. You will get all the players of the team you beat.
3. All semis would be two legged ties and both ties would be started at the same time on the same day so that the match time is still same.
4. You should have 5 outfield players from your team and 5 outfield players from your QF opponent's team for each tie. Each goalkeeper will start each tie.
5. No player can appear in both the ties.
6. The cumulative votes from both the ties would be used to determine the winner.
7. You will send a team and tactics for tie 1 and a team and tactics for tie 2.
8. No other restrictions on how you choose those 5 players

If there are any suggestions for changes, let me know and I can try to incorporate them.

Try not to dismiss the idea outright. Of course if enough people feel it's shit, I will fallback to usual snake reinforcements from losing teams.

DVG7

3. All semis would be two legged ties and both ties would be started at the same time on the same day so that the match time is still same.
4. You should have 5 outfield players from your team and 5 outfield players from your QF opponent's team for each tie. Each goalkeeper will start each tie.
6. The cumulative votes from both the ties would be used to determine the winner.

If there are any suggestions for changes, let me know and I can try to incorporate them.

Try not to dismiss the idea outright. Of course if enough people feel it's shit, I will fallback to usual snake reinforcements from losing teams.
I like it

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
I'd personally prefer to reinforce the squad, but maybe you've only got access to your opponents team or something of the sort.

I think getting 2 lots of players and working out systems for both will result in weaker teams and then you've got the same issue for the final where you've got a crazy amount of players available to each of the managers.

That's without even going on to the super cup bit.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
anything that changes the borefest of classic RR has my approval.

Moby

Dick
I'd personally prefer to reinforce the squad, but maybe you've only got access to your opponents team or something of the sort.
Nice to see we have come a full circle and going back to the exact reinforcement method we started from in the very first drafts. :lol:

Edit: Just for reference, the reason we moved out of that method was that it gave unfair advantages at times to certain teams based on the kind of opponent they beat to have access to their players in terms of what kind of upgrades they needed. e.g. two teams both with great attacks but decent defenses could face each other and two teams one with a great attack and one with a great defense could face each other, in which case the second one will end up with a perfect team while the first wouldn't be able to upgrade much.

Basically it depended far too much on the luck of the draw and was pretty archaic and hence an open pool was introduced.

Last edited:

GodShaveTheQueen

I don't want to give more reinforcements in general because the squads would becomes unreasonably good and that makes games very boring and redundant for me. Those teams are already too good. So thought I'd give some tactical puzzles as everyone would have to change their tactics unlike last reinforcements.

I think getting 2 lots of players and working out systems for both will result in weaker teams
I don't mind that. It will still mean you have 4 different teams you built in 1 draft with a variety of goats in each. How often do you get to do that, I'd guess almost never.

then you've got the same issue for the final where you've got a crazy amount of players available to each of the managers.
This I will have to try and figure out with reinforcements and rules of that round.

P-Nut

I don't want to give more reinforcements in general because the squads would becomes unreasonably good and that makes games very boring and redundant for me. Those teams are already too good. So thought I'd give some tactical puzzles as everyone would have to change their tactics unlike last reinforcements.

I don't mind that. It will still mean you have 4 different teams you built in 1 draft with a variety of goats in each. How often do you get to do that, I'd guess almost never.

This I will have to try and figure out with reinforcements and rules of that round.
Yeah I am not totally against the idea, and always enjoy building different sides. The biggest sticking point is the fact everyone would have 24 players going into the semis, 48 into the final and 96 for the super cup. :lol:

GodShaveTheQueen

Yeah I am not totally against the idea, and always enjoy building different sides. The biggest sticking point is the fact everyone would have 24 players going into the semis, 48 into the final and 96 for the super cup. :lol:
Nah, these rules will be only for semis. For finals, I will figure out something else.

Enigma_87

You know who
Yeah I’m the same.
I’m all up for making it tougher and challenging but teams should be better going forward, that’s the whole idea, especially when you are going with a theme of sorts.

I doubt anyone will care that much making his team worse that it is.

Enigma_87

You know who

That sounds way too complicated especially with the two ties.
Not to mention different games generate different number of votes.

1 tie should be it moving forward. We had groups before and didn’t catch up either.

I don’t know about others but to me for all drafts going forward the team should be better not worse.
I think we had in the 4 way draft where people couldn’t upgrade their teams after the QFs and many lost interest.

P-Nut

That sounds way too complicated especially with the two ties.
Not to mention different games generate different number of votes.

1 tie should be it moving forward. We had groups before and didn’t catch up either.

I don’t know about others but to me for all drafts going forward the team should be better not worse.
I think we had in the 4 way draft where people couldn’t upgrade their teams after the QFs and many lost interest.
Yeah I'm the same, basically impossible to please me as I want it to be tougher to upgrade, but still be possible

GodShaveTheQueen

Have created a poll to get a general consensus. If the numbers are underwhelming, I will ditch the idea.

DVG7

@GodShaveTheQueen i think you were onto a great idea with the two different competitions, but you didn’t create any incentive for winning your first round match.

At this stage the losing managers are usually sitting around waiting for the next draft so they should be lucky to be involved at all. The winning teams could have reinforced from the losing ones, giving one player back to a team they stole from then the coropa league Gets to do their own sheep pick to select their second reinforcement.

as it stands, there are teams in the coropa league I would back to beat my own and some others.

GodShaveTheQueen

@GodShaveTheQueen i think you were onto a great idea with the two different competitions, but you didn’t create any incentive for winning your first round match.
The incentive as I said before was playing in the Champions league. The transfer market in open for everyone no matter you play in UCL or Europa.

At this stage the losing managers are usually sitting around waiting for the next draft so they should be lucky to be involved at all. The winning teams could have reinforced from the losing ones, giving one player back to a team they stole from then the coropa league Gets to do their own sheep pick to select their second reinforcement.
I personally thought if I was one of the R1 losing managers, I'd hate something like that and wouldn't be too keen on competing anymore.

Šjor Bepo

The further you go in the draft the tougher it should be and that would make the games much more interesting rather then GOATs snooze fests that we are getting in the final rounds, not to mention in most cases its impossible to separate teams.

How to get there i dont know but fair play to scrappy, at least he is trying to change something. Losing more players then you getting in RR could be the answer but somehow doubt the muppets would be up for this :lol:
Initial drafting 14 players.
QF - lose 2 that played get 1
SF - lose 2 that played get 1
Final - lose 2 get 2

GodShaveTheQueen

The further you go in the draft the tougher it should be and that would make the games much more interesting rather then GOATs snooze fests that we are getting in the final rounds, not to mention in most cases its impossible to separate teams.
Yea, I personally don't enjoy goat fests and of course I get that some like to make their teams perfect eventually by incremental improvements each round. Thought a flavor change was in order as we have had those usual reinforcements for so many drafts.

DVG7

The incentive as I said before was playing in the Champions league. The transfer market in open for everyone no matter you play in UCL or Europa.

I personally thought if I was one of the R1 losing managers, I'd hate something like that and wouldn't be too keen on competing anymore.
this isn’t a worthwhile incentive :lol:

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Meh, feck it, changed the vote. It is something new and I would be fully for it if only harms was better in certain positions we also need to upgrade.

So, will vote objectively and how I would vote in case this proposition was given right from the start.

Edit: I also just remembered am only a part time AM, so my vote doesn't really count. Cheers and good night.

Last edited:

P-Nut

I'd prefer a reworked version of the 2 squads idea. Possibly make one team, but you're only allowed 5 players from each team.

Playing 2 games against the same manager seems a bit too much and would result in skewed results.

EDIT: Just thought maybe a ratio would work for the skewing of results rather than outright vote numbers. Means it doesn't matter too much if one tie has lots of votes and the other just a few.

GodShaveTheQueen

Problem with 1 tie is you get one super strong team when you combine both. I wanted a distribution of goats while still combining squads which forces tactical changes as well.

Both ties will be at the same time by the way. So it's not like you'll be playing on 2 different days.

Šjor Bepo

Problem with 1 tie is you get one super strong team when you combine both. I wanted a distribution of goats while still combining squads which forces tactical changes as well.

Both ties will be at the same time by the way. So it's not like you'll be playing on 2 different days.
that could work