The cynicism on the CAF

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
I’ve seen a lot of threads here lately revolving around news reports on the club.

Within those threads you constantly see people just writing it off, not even reading the article I suspect. As “fake news” or “bollocks”

Why?

If you don’t believe anything or just take it at face value then what’s the point of believing anything at all? Even the positive news. It used to be (& mainly still is on here) all bad news believed as gospel and all good news written off as bullshite. But lately EVERYTHING just gets binned off.

So why? Not everything is fake and not everything should be believed, but to be honest, if you just write everything off, what’s the point of paying attention to any football related news at all?

SirAnderson

Because a lot of it is bullshite.

Cause the Mirror definitely knows that Rangnick made Ronaldo apologise to Elanga for spoiling his day...etc. Etc.

There are so many made up clickbaits surrounding United that you have to dismiss a lot of it...but each to their own. Usually my bullshite radar is decent enough to know what to dismiss.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Watch your game without coming to the forums.

People are more interested in posting live and pushing their opinion than watching the game. Come back during half-time or after the match.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
People read sport stories for entertainment rather than information. Whether they’re true or not doesn’t really factor into that. That vast majority aren’t true for that reason; there’s very little incentive to invest extra resources in collecting facts and reporting news. Part of the entertainment value United fans get from it at the moment comes from the debate, often revolving around the cynicism. Not much more to it.

We have heard a million times from players and the board that they are sorry and things are unacceptable but we never see any action taken. Therefore we no longer have faith or believe in anything positive that comes out of Man Utd. Especially the board, everything is spin and nothing has substance.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I’ve seen a lot of threads here lately revolving around news reports on the club.

Within those threads you constantly see people just writing it off, not even reading the article I suspect. As “fake news” or “bollocks”

Why?

If you don’t believe anything or just take it at face value then what’s the point of believing anything at all? Even the positive news. It used to be (& mainly still is on here) all bad news believed as gospel and all good news written off as bullshite. But lately EVERYTHING just gets binned off.

So why? Not everything is fake and not everything should be believed, but to be honest, if you just write everything off, what’s the point of paying attention to any football related news at all?
Such a silly question.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Why ? Because most of the press are vultures who like to pile on when the club is struggling. This is how they sell/make views, by exaggerating stuff and create sources out of nowhere

VanDeBank

Ma’am

Why?

There's a lot of reports posted by fake ITKs/Journos that are notorious for making shit up (like Graeme Bailly).

Sometimes what's being said just doesn't make sense or doesn't match what everyone with 2 eyeballs can figure out. Like that report that said VDB doesn't play because he doesn't cover ground when his work rate is one of his defining attributes. So yep, I'm going to brush that one of as horse shit when both his numbers and the eye test show that he works like a dog.

Smores

If we believed every report report from the likes of the Mirror we'd constantly be thinking we were signing every year player there is.