The David Beckham Appreciation Thread

Ballache

Supports
Martial
My favourite player for years, can't deny it. I tried to copy him as a kid, bought the first generation predator boots because he wore them, spent hours practising getting his signature curve on deadballs. I probably took better freekicks at 13 than I do now, because of him.
:lol: same here. everyone was doing step-overs i was crossing the ball, was very good at it too.

Becks is a Legend and my favourite player ever!!!

Billy Blaggs

Flacco of the Blaggs tribe
On my first trip to Old Trafford (CL vs Olympiakos, South Stand Tier 3, back row) the thing which stuck in my mind most of all were Beckhams white boots, which were constantly flickering all over the pitch. I had never seen how hard he worked off the ball on TV. He always gave his all, and it's a real shame that he doesn't get credit from the fans. He's been the greatest ambassador of our club since Charlton, and I really hope and believe he will take a part in Uniteds future in some way. If it was up to him he would've played for United all his career. Somewhere in the back of his mind, it's likely he's thinking of ways to buy the club back from the Glazers...
Nah this part has to be Giggsy

Number7

Ret's Slave
Is this going to be a annual thing.
Sure, why not?

Doesn't get the credit he deserves. United legend imo, and one of the defining players of our glorious 90s. I grew up watching him, and I fecking adored him.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Is this going to be a annual thing.
Let the plebs have the appreciation thread. This probably isn't the place to talk of the demerits of Beckham and everything that he brings along. Let's just appreciate the good footballer he was and the legend he is for England.

Bread

[/B]

that seems to be the general consensus of opinion.
Basically right too.

i was watching roy keane as i see it the other day and there was footage of a very young becks and all i thought looking at him was "he was a footballer then"

That may make no sense and sound like a load of bollocks.

The_Midfielder

I remember a goal he scored against chelsea ...
I think Silvestre crosses from the left.. bekham controls it and hits a curler with his right..
Or am I imagining things..

TonyMontana

Truly great player, at this moment I would choose him ahead of Ronaldo in a Manchester United all time eleven. Legend.

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
Former England captain David Beckham would consider a return to the Premier League to boost his chances of playing at the 2010 World Cup in South Africa. The 34-year-old midfielder, who plays for Los Angeles Galaxy, said he would never turn out for another English side when he left Manchester United in 2003.

"Never say never. I would definitely consider it. When I left my heart was in Manchester - I couldn't see myself playing against United. Now I wouldn't rule it out."

Beckham, who is England's most capped outfield player with 112 appearances, has only recently returned to the United States following a five-month loan spell with AC Milan. The news will undoubtedly spark rumours of a move to Chelsea after Beckham impressed new Blues manager Carlo Ancelotti, who was Milan coach during the player's time in Italy. However, a return to Serie A seems the more likely move.

"Obviously, Milan expressed that they want me to go back, so I don't see any reason why that would change," added Beckham, who left Old Trafford to join Real Madrid. We'll have to wait and see. I hope to be going back there."

Beckham has reiterated his desire to see out his five-year Major League Soccer contract, which began in 2007.

"I intend to stay until the end of my contract and maybe further," he confirmed. I've always said that. I've always said, even when I went to Milan, that I'm committed to the Galaxy and to MLS, and that hasn't changed."

Beckham is currently trying to mend relationships with players and fans in Los Angeles that soured after he opted to stay in Italy rather than return to the US for the start of the MSL season. His Galaxy team-mate Landon Donovan suggested Beckham had shown a lack of commitment and that his level of dedication to the club had waned since his arrival in July 2007. The duo have since met, with manager Bruce Arena, and Beckham said:

"I'm not going to talk about what was said. That was between me, Landon and the manager but we had a good talk."
Go to Milan, Becks.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
please no!!! my favourite player ever. it would kill me to see him play against us for another English team!!!

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I hope he doesn't do anything stupid :mad:
Bit late for that .... he made his bed when he married that slag and his ego went to his head. Loved him to the extent of extreme fanboyerism when he was with us. He was a London Red just like me and made me feel like I was really part of the club ... like he was our ambassador.

But when it became clear that United was behind his bird, brand and the England captaincy in order of priorities as well as the 'Alice Band - choose me or SAF' affair, my fanboyerism immediatly died and has never since been rekindled. Did well for us for 4 or so years but that's about the summation of his club career. I could not care less about his Ingurluuund achievements or about his overseas 'adventures'.

Legend of English football maybe (not hard given how shit England are) but no way close to being a legend at Manchester United. So sorry to spoil the fun but I think he's over rated and a prick.

mubarak

Lennie Godber
The sort of player Man City could do with to take them to the next level (Off the pitch i mean)

Just hope it never ever happens! :keano:

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Beckham is ready to sacrifice his love for United for the good of the brand.

From an England perspective alone, it would best if he came back but he'll be lucky if he ends up somewhere like Aston Villa and I can't see Posh being too keen to visit the Bullring on a regular occasion.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Beckham is ready to sacrifice his love for United for the good of the brand.
its was always so predictable. yet another like tevez who professes anything to curry favour with the fans but willing to change his tune at a moments notice to suit his own sorry circumstances.

B Cantona

Desperate
The lad is United through and through for crying out loud. I wouldn't mind him coming back to the Premiership in the slightest. It wouldn't be for City or Liverpool so what's the worry?

I think the souring way he left and the circus around him has left the memory now for United fans, and we can acknowledge a great player for us who played a vital part in our recent history

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
I don't mind where he goes, as long as it's not Liverpool.

I think if he comes back to the PL, his only options are City, Arsenal, Chelsea and maybe Spurs.

EricaNo7

But when it became clear that United was behind his bird, brand and the England captaincy in order of priorities as well as the 'Alice Band - choose me or SAF' affair, my fanboyerism immediatly died and has never since been rekindled. Did well for us for 4 or so years but that's about the summation of his club career. I could not care less about his Ingurluuund achievements or about his overseas 'adventures'.

Legend of English football maybe (not hard given how shit England are) but no way close to being a legend at Manchester United. So sorry to spoil the fun but I think he's over rated and a prick.
i would agree completely with this