The David Beckham Appreciation Thread

MUFCgal

Bit late for that .... he made his bed when he married that slag and his ego went to his head. Loved him to the extent of extreme fanboyerism when he was with us. He was a London Red just like me and made me feel like I was really part of the club ... like he was our ambassador.

But when it became clear that United was behind his bird, brand and the England captaincy in order of priorities as well as the 'Alice Band - choose me or SAF' affair, my fanboyerism immediatly died and has never since been rekindled. Did well for us for 4 or so years but that's about the summation of his club career. I could not care less about his Ingurluuund achievements or about his overseas 'adventures'.

Legend of English football maybe (not hard given how shit England are) but no way close to being a legend at Manchester United. So sorry to spoil the fun but I think he's over rated and a prick.
There's no getting away from the Brand Beckham thing which overshadowed things in a way, it became a circus in many ways but you can't put down what he helped us achieved in his time here. He was (and still is) Manchester United through & through, the club will always run through his veins. He came through the ranks, he never gave anything less than 100% to the club, he was a model professional and he has never had anything bad to say about the club (unlike some bitter cnut lately that shall remain nameless).

thoward

It's not a lisp!
I think Spurs is the club he'd be most likely to go to if he went to England. Harry Redknapp is an admirer of his, his grandfather is a Tottenham fan and it's not a million miles from Beckingham Palace. He wouldn't fit into Wenger's ideals of wanting pacier players.I couldn't see him going to West Ham becuase of the fans.

Crerand Legend

Who could afford him?Unless he takes a pay cut the only clubs who could afford him would be Chelsea,Man City or ourselves.We dont want him and Beckham is too big a gentleman to do a Tevez,so it looks like Chelsea

Bread

The lad is United through and through for crying out loud. I wouldn't mind him coming back to the Premiership in the slightest. It wouldn't be for City or Liverpool so what's the worry?

I think the souring way he left and the circus around him has left the memory now for United fans, and we can acknowledge a great player for us who played a vital part in our recent history
Bang on Brad.

I saw someone on here say he couldnt come back to us because of his wage demands, honestly i think if fergie rang him saying him he wanted him back for a while because he felt it would help the team then beckham would take ten quid a week to play and fund the transfer himself, honestly dont think in my life i have seen a more pure united fan playing for the team expect possibly gary neville (coincidently his best mate).

i think a lot of people on here dont want to call him a united legend or admit how great of a player he was because it just isnt as cool as going on about keane or robson.

Lester Freamon

Aka Caveman
Love the man. A real United fan through and through and I would absolutely love to see him back. Of course it's not even a realistic dream but I'd take him in a second and as mentioned above I think he'd play for free given the chance.

A legend in my eyes. His love for the club is there for all to see.

Moriarty

I can see him coming back and play for a mid table London club (Spurs, West Ham)
Not so long as he can get a game for Milan. The slower pace of the Italian game will suit Becks at his age. I'll always his goal against Wimbledon and watching the trajectory of the ball as it flew towards the net. You don't see it one the video as the goalie's back was to the camera but he was absolutely gobsmacked. He just couldn't believe what had happened.

Cling Bak

Hi, I'm Barry Scott
I think the two best crosses I've seen deliver are one to Ruud against Tottenham at White Hart Lane in the 2002/2003, it wasn't a goal as the Spurs keeper made an outstanding save (Kasey Keller ?) but the curve on the ball was just outstanding.The other one was to Ronaldo at Real Madrid and it was a goal,again some outstanding curve from a midfield cross
I think his cross to Yorke, at Anfield in 98/99 is his greatest. Strikes it first time, it's even slightly behind him at an angle, but he delivers an absolute pearler to the back post, making it impossible for defence and goalkeeper as he hangs it up agonisingly between both for Yorke to nod in. Beautiful.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
One of my favourite all time players, on and off the pitch I think he's brilliant. What a crosser of the ball too, stunning accuracy.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Amazing player.

Manchester United Legend.
Yes, at times he has been an amazing footballer. And I have no doubt that he is a legendary footballer per se as well as an Team England Legend.

However, categorically, a Manchester United legend he is not. There are just too many who disagree to make this claim credible.

Zen86

Yes, at times he has been an amazing footballer. And I have no doubt that he is a legendary footballer per se as well as an Team England Legend.

However, categorically, a Manchester United legend he is not. There are just too many who disagree to make this claim credible.
Quite curious as to what a Manchester United legend is. Would it be someone who had a long, very successful career with the club and was instrumental in said success, and loved the club to pieces?

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Quite curious as to what a Manchester United legend is. Would it be someone who had a long, very successful career with the club and was instrumental in said success, and loved the club to pieces?
Philip Neville, Nicky Butt, Andrew Cole, Jaap Stam, Ronnie Jonson and many others share the characteristics you describe. In return, I ask you why none of these would be given the said status.

Zen86

Philip Neville, Nicky Butt, Andrew Cole, Jaap Stam, Ronnie Jonson and many others share the characteristics you describe. In return, I ask you why none of these would be given the said status.
None of them really hit the same heights or longetivity as Beckham.

kietotheworld

Other than the first two, who were mostly bit part players, do you think any of the others 'loved the club to pieces' ?

Beckham007

United legend without a shadow of a doubt.

Has the goals, the assists, the caps, the drama to prove it all.

For those who dont want to call him a legend, they are just those hard cnuts who like to think they are "top reds".

fecking muppets.

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
Galaxy finished the regular season as the best team in Western Conference, now playing in play-offs (quarterfinal) against Chivas USA.

Would be good to see Beckham winning something in USA.

Crerand Legend

Galaxy finished the regular season as the best team in Western Conference, now playing in play-offs (quarterfinal) against Chivas USA.

Would be good to see Beckham winning something in USA.
Yes I like Beckham both as a person and footballer ,question, would you take him back on loan if he would come here?

Maciej

Yes I like Beckham both as a person and footballer ,question, would you take him back on loan if he would come here?
I'd like to see him in United shirt again, but I think he shouldn't back at Old Trafford, you shouldn't come back to your old club - just remember those good memories.

Youngie

Beckham was a United legend.
If the two corners that won us the European Cup in Barcelona were not enough being an integral part of winning SIX championships whilst probably being the most famous athlete on the planet makes it a no brainer. He did and still does Man Utd proud!

Maciej

Los Angeles Galaxy are now in Western Conference final, they will now play with Houston Dynamo on Friday for a place in the MLS final.

They won against Chivas USA, 1-0 after Donovan's goal (2-2 in the first game).

What a cross by Beckham before that penalty in 73th minute :eek: (3:35)

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
He is in South Africa. If you're truly desperate to see his face on an ongoing basis, there's apparently a lookalike in the Big Brother House.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
David Beckham is a honest pro and he loves Man Utd. He always speaks highly of United and whenever he gets a chance, never forgets to trot our name in there somewhere.

I was pissed when he went to Madrid after all things done, but he's United through and through. He apparently said no to Everton's interest because he's a Man Utd fan and it's 'too close' to home.

Eriku

David Beckham is a honest pro and he loves Man Utd. He always speaks highly of United and whenever he gets a chance, never forgets to trot our name in there somewhere.

I was pissed when he went to Madrid after all things done, but he's United through and through. He apparently said no to Everton's interest because he's a Man Utd fan and it's 'too close' to home.
<3

Had a look at his cameo last season at Old Trafford... and the interview after... You can tell he's struggling, and I just can't help but melt for him over that... He can relate to us on a match day.

Not to mention him rubbing his hands at Emirates... I'm grinning thinking about it :)

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Beckham was a United legend.
If the two corners that won us the European Cup in Barcelona were not enough being an integral part of winning SIX championships whilst probably being the most famous athlete on the planet makes it a no brainer. He did and still does Man Utd proud!
Agreed. What a legend.

Denis' cuff

legend me arse - pity you never saw his last 2.5 years with us when he was suckholing around the Ingerlund/media circus who threw darts at his image while we stood by him. During that period he was about as effective/committed for us as Gary Birtles.

David Beckham, the Diana Spencer of football - yep, he had his moments but his trollop of a wife's career was more important than Fergie's advice to focus on his United career. I'd rather stand by a real legend (and his judgement) who has little time for him

legend? :rolleyes: for fanbois only

btw, you'll find out who Gary Birtles was if you wiki it

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
legend me arse - pity you never saw his last 2.5 years with us when he was suckholing around the Ingerlund/media circus who threw darts at his image while we stood by him. During that period he was about as effective/committed for us as Gary Birtles.

David Beckham, the Diana Spencer of football - yep, he had his moments but his trollop of a wife's career was more important than Fergie's advice to focus on his United career. I'd rather stand by a real legend (and his judgement) who has little time for him

legend? :rolleyes: for fanbois only

btw, you'll find out who Gary Birtles was if you wiki it
pretty unforgiving that :)

Certainly among the best players to have played for us. agree about him getting his priorities wrong towards the end.

but He is a solid red. He loves the club and will be a huge ambassador for us in the near future.

and Gary Birtles is a cnut btw.